Postings by Cobalt Diesel Bleu's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

American Pit Bull Terrier > "Pit Bulls VS. Labs" why must it always be like this?
Cobalt- Diesel Bleu

Catch me if you- can! ha ha!

Barked: Mon Nov 10, '08 6:52am PST 
The english lines are ADORABLE!
I think if I were ever to get a lab it would be English line.
They are like a bullier lab, lol.

as for rotties, I've met one with an intact tail and it looked like a muscular black and tan lab so I could see where rottie would mix in.
[notify]
» There has since been 43 posts. Last posting by , Oct 2 9:13 am

American Pit Bull Terrier > pit/basset mix
Cobalt- Diesel Bleu

Barked: Mon Nov 10, '08 6:47am PST 
I groom one!

He has a basset hound's body with a pit bull's head.

Very cute!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Sep 6 8:25 am

American Staffordshire Terrier > Do you guys think I'm actually Am Staff?

Cobalt- Diesel Bleu

Barked: Mon Nov 10, '08 6:43am PST 
What doesn't make sense about it?

An american staffordshire is an AKC recognized breed, if your puppies are not registered (really, WHAT responsible breeder would NOT paper there dogs?) with the AKC then the AKC does not recognize them as anything. The akc doesn't know they exist.

Go ahead and contact the amstaff club of america and see what they say about it. My dog is both akc amstaff and ukc/adba APBT. If he were for some reason not registered with the AKC then he would not be an american staffordshire. Most amstaffs are dual or triple registered, but a basic pit bull would not be recognized to the AKC as even existing unless their ENTIRE bloodline was registered amstaff with the akc.

It's just something that's required, it differentiates between the two strains of "pit bull". Working type (ukc/adba) and show type (akc).
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Dosha, Aug 3 2:30 pm

American Pit Bull Terrier > Today's the day!

Cobalt- Diesel Bleu

Barked: Sat Oct 25, '08 1:42pm PST 
Good luck!
Have a great time!
way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Cobalt Diesel Bleu, Oct 25 1:42 pm

American Pit Bull Terrier > pit ?

Cobalt- Diesel Bleu

Barked: Sat Oct 25, '08 1:41pm PST 
That's a good dogfood website, posted above. Try to get the best food you can afford. Kirkland (costco brand) dogfood is pretty good too. I personally never fed my dog puppy food, even when he was a puppy. I'm not exactly sure what the point of puppy food is, I just always fed Diesel high protein high fat food because he's very active and has trouble keeping weight on. shrug
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by press-us, Oct 26 3:56 pm

American Pit Bull Terrier > "Pit Bulls VS. Labs" why must it always be like this?
Cobalt- Diesel Bleu

Barked: Sat Oct 25, '08 1:35pm PST 
Oh, me too! I'm always on petfinder. Well, mostly looking for dogs for other people. LOL. My feeling is just, I wouldn't personally look for a mix of two dogs so close. If I fell in love with a labXpit bull I would take it home for sure, but i just wouldn't personally look out for one.

Yeah, why do the english style labs look so much like pit mixes? Are they related somewhere in the past?
[notify]
» There has since been 54 posts. Last posting by , Oct 2 9:13 am

Pomeranian > Pom Hair

Princess- Tiffany

The Princess of- Couture

Barked: Fri Oct 24, '08 4:32pm PST 
I have that too! It's pretty cool since mummy has curly hair we match.. almost.. (she's since stopped bleaching her hair to match my ears so now it's dark again). I heard there's oil glands back there, try rubbing some powder into it (not too much unless you're white like me).
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Mr. Critters, Dec 1 5:31 pm

Pomeranian > OMG - I am freaking!

Princess- Tiffany

The Princess of- Couture

Barked: Fri Oct 24, '08 4:28pm PST 
Why do some vets not spay during the heat? Mine does, he'll even spay a dog that pregnant (spay abort). Some won't though, why is that?
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Princess Tiffany, Oct 24 4:28 pm

American Pit Bull Terrier > Special needs girl needs home/SE Michigan

Cobalt- Diesel Bleu

Barked: Fri Oct 24, '08 4:25pm PST 
I'll forward around, good luck with that she's quite a cutie!
cloud 9
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Oct 29 7:58 pm

Cobalt- Diesel Bleu

Barked: Fri Oct 24, '08 4:19pm PST 
Why would you purposely search out for a pit bull lab mix? LOL. I think they are so similiar looking that most either look like labs or look like pit bulls. Bonnie Hunt had her pit bull lab mix on the show who actually looked like a pit bull lab mix (it looked like both breeds) but i think that's pretty rare.

That's probably why there's such rift between the two, because they are actually quite similar. I've seen pure bred labs that I swear had pit bull in them. Same with pit bull, if their coat is just slightly longer than it should be they suddenly resemble labs. Especially if their ears flop forward. Lab owners think their dogs are superior because they are "nice" and pit bulls "aren't" (although I've had to muzzle nasty labs in my career and never had to muzzle a pit bull.. HA!). Pit bull owners don't like labs because they consider them to "wimpier" version of the pit bull.

I sometimes question lab owners in my own mind, only because I see the good tempered pit bull as the perfect dog and really see no reason to want a lab when a pit bull is so much better looking. I'm just bias.

Though I have to say that Belgium is really adorable! I love that photo of him with his teeth out.
[notify]
» There has since been 56 posts. Last posting by , Oct 2 9:13 am

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.