Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 12: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  

Choosing the Right Dog > Ever "misjudged" a breed?
Anabelle

Every day is a- great day!

Barked: Sun May 19, '13 6:07am PST 
I'm also someone who said I'd never, ever own a poodle and here I am, a poodle owner lol. I couldn't ask for a more incredible dog and I'm considering getting another too. I also didn't like Chinese Crested Dogs and after interacting with one, they have been added on the list of dogs I plan to have in the future!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , May 23 10:58 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > tiny dog/toy poodle questions!
Floppy

Did somebody say- car ride?!?!

Barked: Fri Feb 8, '13 4:57pm PST 
Just wanted to post a quick update..I ended up deciding it was best to adopt her! dancing She officially became mine this morning and I will soon be creating a new account for her on Dogster.

Also we ended up getting medical records on most of the dogs. Turns out she about 2 instead of 3, has already been spayed, is updated on all vaccinations and the only concern the vet had was for her teeth. Despite her coming from a bad situation the previous owner actually put some money & care into the dogs which make me feel a lot better. I'm truly blessed and will be setting up a veterinary appointment to get some dental work done.

Again, thanks so much for the help everyone! I truly appreciate it. hug
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Feb 8 8:09 pm

Floppy

Barked: Sat Feb 2, '13 11:08am PST 
Thanks for the information so far! Corky, you have been incredibly helpful!

Ezra, I apologize for not mentioning before but the animals listed are my mom's pets so the toy poodle will not be interacting with them. Also I never gave up a dog. My old husky had brain damage and had to be put down. I haven't set up my own dogster account just yet since I'm not 100% I'm going to be getting the new dog. Again, sorry for the confusion!!

Thanks again!!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Feb 8 8:09 pm

Floppy

Barked: Fri Feb 1, '13 5:30pm PST 
Hey all! So I work at an animal shelter and through a hoarding case we got a bunch of toy poodles in. I'm seriously considering adopting one but I do have some concerns that I would love to be addressed. I have just started researching the breed but decided to see if I could get more information on this site.

First off these dogs are TINY! The one I'm considering is 3.5lbs, female and is about 3 years old. Can anyone give me tips on owning such a small dog? I've heard that they are prone to more health issues but I've also heard about healthy small dogs too. Have you introduced yours to bigger dogs? Also since the person had so many dogs none of them are housebroken. This will be my first dog that isn't so if anyone could give me tips on that as well. Lastly, I just want general information on the breed. Health risks, grooming, what do you feed yours, anything you want to share for a (possible) first time poodle owner!

Thanks in advance!
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Feb 8 8:09 pm

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Anyone seen these documentaries?

Floppy

Barked: Thu Nov 22, '12 4:28am PST 
I saw the PetLand one awhile ago and I don't have HBO anymore so I've been patiently waiting to see One Nation Under Dog. They are allowing people to pre-order it online, which I've done, so now it's just a waiting game. I'm really looking forward to seeing it.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Nov 29 5:38 pm

Small Dogs > Collars & Leashes! What do you use?
Floppy

Barked: Thu Jul 26, '12 6:02am PST 
We use a harness on her and then we have both a retractable and 6ft leash. I prefer the 6ft one.
[notify]
» There has since been 23 posts. Last posting by , Feb 25 6:20 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > benefits of adopting an older dog?

Floppy

Barked: Sat Jun 30, '12 4:40pm PST 
How old are you thinking? I'm quite a fan of adopting older dogs and hope to adopt a senior myself in the near future. Anyways, I feel that there are many benefits of adopting an older/senior dog. They are usually more socialized,trained and not as time consuming compared to a puppy. I work at an animal shelter and I know that most people don't want to even look at older dogs which makes it a much more meaningful adoption when someone does. I do think though that it's important to think about potential health issues that could rise in the future but once you feel secure about that, adopting an older dog is the way to go. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jul 2 6:17 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > How many dogs?

Floppy

Barked: Wed Jun 27, '12 5:27pm PST 
I only have one dog right since I can't have any more than that where I live. Working at an animal shelter, I know for a fact I will end up in a multiple dog home though in the near future. I would love to get a house with some land and if that would be the case, I would be able to rescue many dogs. I would of course have to consider the dog sizes, breeds and my finances before deciding on an actual limit.
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by , Jul 10 11:16 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Previous owners want dog back - what would you do?

Floppy

Barked: Tue May 1, '12 6:26pm PST 
To be straight honest, no I wouldn't give the dog back. Owning a dog is a huge commitment and if I'm bringing one into my household, I'm going to be planning on giving that dog the best life. With that said, I wouldn't be getting just any dog; I would be getting one that I instantly love and bond with. I would question the responsibility of the dog's previous owners if one day they are giving up their dog and the next day they aren't. So like I said, no. People need to be more responsible with their decisions and their animals.
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by , May 6 11:27 am

Other Barks & Woofs > How much of a "dog person" are you?
Floppy

Barked: Fri Feb 3, '12 10:36am PST 
I LOVE reading these because they are soo true! Yoshi-I go to pet stores and 'window shop' too! I am guilty of even looking up rescue groups to see when they are going to be there. haha

I have a feeling that it will only get worse the older I get and when I have a multiple dog home. Also, I saw a few people mentioned tattoos-I have a paw print and I'm looking to get another dog related tattoo in a month or so.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Feb 23 9:27 pm

(Page 1 of 12: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.