Postings by Gwydion's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 136: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Goodbye my love
Gwydion

Boxer Gentleman

Barked: Thu May 3, '12 5:41am PST 
I lost my Brigid in january to cancer, she was so young! And yesterday my Gwydion suddenly passed away here at home. He was only 7 1/2 years old. So sudden, no signs of illness or discomfort, he was just gone. Please, live every moment with your dog as if each breathe is precious, because it truly is.little angel
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Kashmir ♥ CGC, May 7 7:12 am

Dog Health > Health issues in Portland.
Gwydion

Boxer Gentleman

Barked: Wed Apr 20, '11 7:17am PST 
Mom grew up there, and we recently moved away. We never use flea medication (think we had it once when we lived there) and never ever used heartworm medication. Mom did dog rescue, and spent a long time working in the local humane society as feline welfare coordinator (bringing home cats for foster all the time too) and the only heartworm she ever saw was from animals brought from out of area. So in our cases it was fine to go without. We used natural defenses against the fleas, and if mom saw we had any we got baths
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Gwydion, Apr 20 7:17 am

Dog Health > Amputation

Brigid

ITS ALL MINE

Barked: Wed Apr 20, '11 6:53am PST 
Brigid's first bout with cancer came when she was one year old. Hers was behind her left ear, right at the base. Thankfully because of the amount of loose skin the boxers have, they were able to seal it up ok. She has also had one on her inner right thigh. They managed to remove the mass without amputation, but there is a new skin tag that has appeared in general area now and is growing that we will be taking her in to get tested soon. (previous testing done on it showed it was clear) With where this current bump is, they would have to remove the entire leg to get it

We have some friends back in oregon with a 3 legged boxer. So far, no problems what so ever for them. Mobility is awesome for them, she actually runs with the other dogs in the dog park sometimes, never had a problem. Theirs was removed because the dog had been a stray hit by a car before they got her.

hug
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Lily Plata, Apr 20 3:54 pm

Dog Health > Brutus threw up this morning

Gwydion

Boxer Gentleman

Barked: Sun Nov 28, '10 8:06am PST 
I would say he ate something and was having trouble from it off hand. If it were right away you could have given him something to help him puke it up, but it sounded like he had been having issues for a while. If he were a different breed, and had he not gone to the yard already I would have thought bloat. But since he has improved a bit, I would say he ate something and had it got caught.

If his belly starts feeling tight or he starts acting at all in pain get him to a vet. Otherwise maybe some broth to soothe his throat a little might help
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Chloe 6/18/02 - 7/23/12, Nov 28 7:53 pm

Dog Health > Brutus threw up this morning

Gwydion

Boxer Gentleman

Barked: Sun Nov 28, '10 7:58am PST 
Call your local emergency vet, if not bringing him in. They should be able to advise you
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Chloe 6/18/02 - 7/23/12, Nov 28 7:53 pm

Dog Health > 3rd "sheath infection" in as many months
Gwydion

Boxer Gentleman

Barked: Fri Jan 22, '10 11:37pm PST 
Poor Bam Bam! OUCH. I hope they figure it out this time around and get him healed up
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Walter RL1 AoE CGC, Jan 25 9:23 am

Boxer > Boxers for adoption

Gwydion

Boxer Gentleman

Barked: Wed Nov 18, '09 9:45am PST 
Well, we got addicted to the FB thing for a while, but are back now. laugh out loud One thing we did notice on there was a function that you could put adoptable dogs on your profile. Well, one such dog I found is in my old hometown. shock There are rarely boxers for adoption in that area, so we were excited. Unfortunately he must be an only dog, and no small children.

So if anyone knows somebody in Vancouver Washington area looking.... John Wayne is for adoption at thier humane society
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Gwydion, Nov 18 9:45 am

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > pork tenderloin

Gwydion

Boxer Gentleman

Barked: Tue Nov 17, '09 2:47pm PST 
We use pork in our home cooked. You do have to watch the greasy levels
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Hudson, Dec 16 7:55 pm

Boxer > Possible torn ligament?

Gwydion

Boxer Gentleman

Barked: Mon Aug 31, '09 11:42pm PST 
This site is gold...... http://home.earthlink.net/~tiggerpoz/index.html

I would look into some of what they advise in there.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Eve, Sep 1 4:33 am

Dog Health > Bad Breath
Gwydion

Boxer Gentleman

Barked: Mon Aug 10, '09 4:42pm PST 
It could be digestive. That does affect the breath. Maybe some digestive aid? Might need to switch foods as well. Switching the types of food has made a huge difference in my dogs.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Gwydion, Aug 10 4:42 pm

(Page 1 of 136: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.