Postings by ♥ Crazy Daisy ♥'s Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 198: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > Is dogster welcoming enough to newbies?
♥- Crazy Daisy- ♥

The Craaazy Min- Pin

Barked: Mon Dec 27, '10 5:27pm PST 
I'm not new at all. I joined Dogster back before Plus, before stars, before rosettes, before zealies, before the forums. I joined in 2004. Six years since I joined.

I used to be a regular poster. I was on Dogster every day. I made quite a few friends on here. I'd say that the most fun I had on Dogser was from 2006-2007. Those were good times when you couldn't even keep up with how many posts were coming in.

I stopped posting in January of '09. I guess I felt like the community had changed? There was a lot of drama. I sometimes felt like if I stated an opinion of mine, I would get pounced on and attacked. I saw some bullying of a few members back then (I still remember this one member...people posted on the widgets on her page leaving pretty nasty comments; I never understood what she did that would have warranted the treatment she received) and honestly felt like Dogster was beginning to turn into a circus. I friended quite a few Dogsters on Facebook and that's how I've kept up with my friends these past two years.

The community doesn't seem nearly as active as it once was, so I'm hoping the 2008 and 2009 drama I viewed has died down. I truly do miss being a part of this community, because I met some of the nicest people I've ever known through Dogster.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by River, Dec 28 6:09 am

Dogster Crushes > Looking 4 husbands
♥- Crazy Daisy- ♥

The Craaazy Min- Pin

Barked: Thu Jun 25, '09 1:29pm PST 
Polygamy? eek
[notify]
» There has since been 28 posts. Last posting by Sarah, Remembered, Dec 23 3:27 pm

Plus Power of the Paw > POTP For Charlie, Please...

Charlie

I'm one happy- guy!

Barked: Mon Jun 1, '09 8:16am PST 
Good news! The vet says that it looks like Charlie doesn't have any larvae from the mosquitoes and have very few adult heartworms. He said that it may be possible for Charlie to just stay on Interceptor every month and they could die within in the next year or two. The other option is to go through with the arsenic treatment, of course.

We ended up not doing the bloodwork. My mother gave Charlie some Interceptor about a week ago, so the vet said that if Charlie had larvae, he most likely would have died from getting Interceptor.

The vet sounded very optimistic. happy dance
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Sanford Hawley , Jun 1 10:22 am

Charlie

I'm one happy- guy!

Barked: Wed May 27, '09 10:26am PST 
I've been thinking and I'm wondering if it could be possible that Charlie's heartworm test last year was a false negative. As some of you may know, Charlie was once owned by a lady that tethered him out in her front yard nearly all day and all night. He was CONSTANTLY getting loose and ending up in the neighbors yards, which is how I met him. She told me that she didn't think Charlie was worth spending money to get even the cheapest dog food, so he ate leftover Easy Mac. Knowing that fact, I'm SURE he wasn't on heartworm preventative for the first eight months of his life. One of his favorite places to run was right next to the nearby creek when he was loose. Tons of mosquitoes there.

Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers. Charlie's going to have some tough months ahead of him. The doctor said that he's going to send some blood to K-State to try to determine about how many larvae are in his heart. The less larvae, the less risks, or so I've been told.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Sanford Hawley , Jun 1 10:22 am

Charlie

I'm one happy- guy!

Barked: Tue May 26, '09 8:13am PST 
Hey, everyone. Charlie's mom here. Charlie was just at the vet and came up with a positive heartworm test. I'm really distraught because he's been on Interceptor, so I'm not sure how this could have happened...

We'll be taking him to another vet we go to for a second test to be sure. I had a friend who's dog came up positive on Revolution, but then she had her retested elsewhere and came up with two negatives. I don't want him to have to go through such a harsh treatment if it was a false positive.

crycrycry I would really appreciate some POTP for him. If it is actually positive, he's going to have some tough months ahead of him. Not only will the treatment be difficult, but Charlie is the kind of dog that wants to be active 24/7, so crate confinement definitely won't be something he'll enjoy.
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Sanford Hawley , Jun 1 10:22 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Psychiatric Service Dog (Please Read!)
♥- Crazy Daisy- ♥

The Craaazy Min- Pin

Barked: Sat May 2, '09 6:03pm PST 
That is unfortunate, because now that I've read through the whole thread, I see a lot of great advise that she could have taken. Thank you for all your posts, Nari. People don't understand all the negatives to having a service dog. They REALLY need to know that before they get into it. The positives are obvious, but the negatives are something that you will either learn and accept before the fact, or learn it by making an accident and having to deal with it later on. confused
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Lola CGC, TD, May 3 5:16 pm

♥- Crazy Daisy- ♥

The Craaazy Min- Pin

Barked: Fri May 1, '09 9:31am PST 
applause Harley. I agree with all of your reasons for why dogs shouldn't be outside without supervision. I live in a rather quiet larger town (some people call it a city, but having been to cities around the country, I laugh at that). One of my mother's co-workers had one of Chii's litter mates. She let him outside alone for ten minutes, thinking it was okay. He was tiny enough to be picked up by a hawk, then was flown over to a nearby creek and killed. I have seen as many as thirteen hawks in my back yard at a time, so I'm paranoid about letting my little dogs out, even with me supervising.

With big dogs, I have personally known people who have had them be bit by snakes, bit by rabid raccoons (luckily they were vaccinated against rabies), stolen, and I got to meet three large dogs that were left unattended in a backyard that broke down the fence. They were on the busiest high way in town. One of them was hit by a semi truck and killed. Telling his owner that only two dogs had lived was an extremely tough situation that I found myself in. A year later, I encountered a Chihuahua that had been left outside alone that dug her way under the fence. Hit by a car. Yet another round of news I did not want to deliver, and worse, I had to deliver it to a fourteen year old girl.

No matter what the size of the dog, leaving them unattended outside can risk them being harmed by humans, other animals, or themselves.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Lola CGC, TD, May 3 5:16 pm

♥- Crazy Daisy- ♥

The Craaazy Min- Pin

Barked: Thu Apr 30, '09 4:01pm PST 
I don't own a service dog, but I have spent a lot of time reading posts on this forum and spent time raising a service dog puppy back when I was in elementary school. However, I will not spend time telling you that you should not get a PSD.

Now, I haven't had the time to read EVERY post, so I'm sorry if I'm repeating something. I do not think you're stupid. Let me state that before I even post anything.

People can be harsh about things they passionately believe in. People on Dogster are passionate about dogs. Just having a dog is a big undertaking, as you have to spend a lot of time and money caring for it. A service dog is an even larger undertaking.

I'm not going to pretend to know everything about emotional issues. I will say that when I was fifteen, I went through a depression and had severe anxiety about going to school (never diagnosed by a professional, however). I was being harassed at school and had just lost my grandmother, one of the closest people to me in my whole life. I was crying myself to sleep every night. Every morning, I would dread going to school so much that I made myself physically ill on several occasions. I spoke to several counselors who only made things worse. One "counselor" even made some pretty hurtful comments to suggest that I deserved being bullied.

I don't know if I would have made it without my furbabies. As silly as it may sound, I would tell Simba, my orange tabby cat, all about my day every day. It did make things better. Simba would just sit on my lap, let me pet him, and listen to my stories. He wouldn't sit and tell me what I should or shouldn't have done like counselors would.

I guess my point is that you don't need a service dog to make it through things. I identified the things that were making me anxious and depressed and addressed them myself. I still see some of those people that bullied me to this day, even though I'm now in college. I can deal with them now.

Try to spend some time with Jake first. Tell him about your day. It may help you, even a little.

I wish you the best of luck tackling your issues, be it with a PSD or not.

EDIT: Oh! Now I remember the other point I was going to make. laugh out loud I don't believe people are "talking down to you" because of your age. People can be responsible at fifteen and I'm sure people on here know that. I've been on Dogster since I was thirteen (has it really been five years? shock) and have gotten some excellent advice from people here on various topics. I respect and love the older members dearly. They've had more time to experience things (and make mistakes) than us younger members.
[notify]
» There has since been 28 posts. Last posting by Lola CGC, TD, May 3 5:16 pm

Dogster Crushes > Wont be here much for a little while..

♥- Crazy Daisy- ♥

The Craaazy Min- Pin

Barked: Sat Mar 28, '09 10:15am PST 
You guys know you're in our prayers. hug
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by GO AWAY DAD, Mar 28 11:29 am

Dogster Crushes > Taco & I Are Getting Married!
♥- Crazy Daisy- ♥

The Craaazy Min- Pin

Barked: Sat Mar 28, '09 10:13am PST 
Seriously, what is with this? I don't know if we can have it tonight either. We're currently having a blizzard. Our power has been going off and on since 3 AM CDT. Mom sees the power line outside blowing in the wind and the lights have been flickering, so I'm sure it will go down again in a few minutes. We'll see if we have power tonight. big laugh
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by ♥ Crazy Daisy ♥, Mar 28 10:13 am

(Page 1 of 198: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.