Close X

Postings by Brodie Bear's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 673: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Food & Nutrition > Want to add Kefir and apple cider vinegar but am I supplementing too many things?
Brodie Bear

The Furry- Bull-Dozer

Barked: Tue Apr 23, '13 9:51pm PST 
For the apple cider vinegar (bragg's) a tablespoon a day or even every other day is sufficient. I love it as a supplement for dogs. My bulldog has been taking this on food since 2008 or so! We saw amazing results.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Brodie Bear, Apr 23 9:51 pm

Food & Nutrition > Sensitive Stomach Food that has flavor...
Allee Oop!!!

I love my Mommy

Barked: Tue Apr 23, '13 9:49pm PST 
I don't know for sure what to tell you to try based on taste bc all dogs are different and some are more picky than others. My scottie rotates between foods like Natural Balance LID diets, Taste of the Wild, Merrick grain free..and so on. She does well on those.

My bulldog has a very sensitive tummy and so far the only food that has worked for him has been NB. I plan to try Nutrisca next time bc it is a limited ingredient food that actually does not contain potatoes!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Laverne Marie, Apr 27 8:26 am

Dog Health > opinions on this product please its a probiotic

Brodie Bear

The Furry- Bull-Dozer

Barked: Sat Jan 5, '13 4:19pm PST 
I give Brodie human probiotics. It is the spring valley brand at walmart and he gets half a tablet a day....has for years.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Brodie Bear, Jan 5 4:19 pm

Food & Nutrition > Earthborn opinions?

Bama AKA- "Buddybear'

'Just as cuddly- as i look!'

Barked: Sat Jan 5, '13 4:18pm PST 
I have fed it to Bama before and he seemed to do well on it. I like the primitive naturals one.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Uno, Jan 6 4:37 pm

Food & Nutrition > Sick of the dog food snobs!!

Brodie Bear

The Furry- Bull-Dozer

Barked: Sat Jan 5, '13 4:16pm PST 
I don't like when people are overly judgemental either. My bulldog has to eat NB LID diets. I have tried higher protein foods for him and he just doesn't do well. I have a lot of people that say it's not meant to be fed longterm just for allergy elimination trial but I have fed it since 2008 to him.
I have two other dogs that eat different foods..like wellness, TOTW, etc bc they can handle more protein etc and I feel like it's better for them.

The one thing that does irritate me though is someone saying they can't afford to at least feed their dog something decent but yet they blow their money on other useless things. Or someone that has a dog with health problems that continue to feed the crappy foods. I know some dogs will do ok on grocery store but most dogs will show huge improvements on higher quality foods without all the fillers. I have had friends ask me advice on what to do bc of certain issues with their pets and 9 times out of 10 a better or different food would help. So...then I give advice and they still don't listen.
[notify]
» There has since been 46 posts. Last posting by Casey, Jun 14 10:36 am

Dog Health > possible back problem
Bama AKA- "Buddybear'

Barked: Thu Dec 29, '11 8:20pm PST 
Thanks!! smile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Bama AKA "Buddybear', Dec 29 8:20 pm

Bama AKA- "Buddybear'

Barked: Thu Dec 22, '11 5:09pm PST 
Thanks everyone!
He is doing way better now.
I talked to the vet yesterday to give an update and he said
it did seem to be just a pulled muscle, so let's hope so.
He said finish all the meds and of course keep him calm and not
to let him play too much, etc.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Bama AKA "Buddybear', Dec 29 8:20 pm

Bama AKA- "Buddybear'

Barked: Mon Dec 19, '11 7:25pm PST 
Ok, so my husband took him in this morning. Our vet hopes he just strained his neck. It's definitely his neck bc my hubby said when the vet turned Bama's head to the right he screamed. Other than that the rest of his back looks good, and no lameness in any of his legs.
He gave pain meds and anti inflammatory and said to just keep him from jumping, playing, and stairs for a few weeks.

Thanks for all the thoughts.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Bama AKA "Buddybear', Dec 29 8:20 pm

Bama AKA- "Buddybear'

Barked: Sun Dec 18, '11 8:07pm PST 
Hey dogster pals. I haven't been on here much the past few years. I started a new job in Sept that keeps me very busy.

I just wanted to ask for your prayers for Bama. We think he might have hurt his back/neck. He has yelped in pain a few times today and then when I tried to give him some cheese and dropped a pc on the floor he couldn't even get it and cried out.
I am calling my vet first thing in the am. I work 9-7 so my hubby will probably be the one that takes him.
I just hope it's something simple and not anything really bad.
He was playing a lot last night. We were playing fetch last night and I had his toy and he climbed up on the couch. He never does this, he always lets us pick him up so I am thinking that might have did something to him.

Bama is so special and just turned 7 this month. I just hope our lil buddy is ok.

And, of course it always comes back to money which we have none..just a lil money on care credit.
I can't take off of work bc I am lucky to have finally found a stable job after painting for 10 yrs.

I will update you all tomorrow night.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Bama AKA "Buddybear', Dec 29 8:20 pm

Dog Health > my 13yo dachshund is dying :_((
Bama AKA- "Buddybear'

Barked: Sun Dec 18, '11 8:02pm PST 
So very sorry for your loss of your beloved pal. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Angel, Dec 29 3:35 am

(Page 1 of 673: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.