Postings by Georgie's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 139: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Goodbye My Boy
Georgie

I Hate Rain

Barked: Thu Nov 12, '09 6:46am PST 
Old Dogs Do Not Die

We have a secret, you and I,

That no one else shall know,

For who, but I can see you lie,

Each night, in fireglow?

And who but I can reach my hand

Before we go to bed,

And feel the living warmth of you

And touch your silken head?

And only I walk woodland paths,

And see, ahead of me,

Your small form racing with the wind,

So young again, and free.

And only I can see you swim

In every brook I pass.

And, when I call, no one but I

Can see the bending grass.

Author Unknown
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Sallie Mae, Dec 7 9:14 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > The ADOPT 09 STROLL and CONTEST is here!
Yvie

Beavers and- Ducks!

Barked: Fri May 1, '09 8:19am PST 
Question:
I know it's only 1 pic per pup, but what about the best friend category?
example, can i enter Yvie in the main category, but then enter her with a pic of my sis (who is the manager of our local shelter where yvie came from) under the Best friend category? Or does it have to be one or the other?
[notify]
» There has since been 54 posts. Last posting by Shiloh, May 28 3:12 pm

Food & Nutrition > email that i got about wellness food

Georgie

I Hate Rain

Barked: Sun Mar 22, '09 1:55pm PST 
i read a release from Wellness that said, more or less, the video was BS.
So no worries!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Brodie Bear, Mar 22 5:58 pm

Food & Nutrition > Nature's Variety Instinct Rabbit

Georgie

I Hate Rain

Barked: Fri Mar 20, '09 2:36pm PST 
Yvie got sick from the rabbit once - vomiting - i think it was just too rich for her so we haven't tried it again.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Georgie, Mar 20 2:36 pm

Food & Nutrition > Orjen blues!

Georgie

I Hate Rain

Barked: Fri Mar 20, '09 2:34pm PST 
Hey -
I'm from MN and even i have problems finding Orijen. Sigh.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Georgie, Mar 20 2:34 pm

Food & Nutrition > Evo for puppy?
Georgie

I Hate Rain

Barked: Fri Mar 20, '09 2:32pm PST 
oh and Stinky - does your Petco sell Wellness core? Or just Wellness (we usually shop at petsmart and not for dog food, so i'm not sure what they carry anymore...)?
[notify]
» There has since been 25 posts. Last posting by Lola CGC, TD, Mar 22 11:43 am

Food & Nutrition > Evo for puppy?

Georgie

I Hate Rain

Barked: Fri Mar 20, '09 2:27pm PST 
Frenchie's aren't actually that prone to hip problems. it's back problems they experience.

And yes, i agree - which i why i said that i waited to switching to an ALS food until mine were 6 months. Until then they were on a puppy food (well George had bowel issues for a long time so we were on a lot of different foods).

The only reason i didn't recommend Orijen, which is also an excellent food, is because i've never tried it based purely on the fact that it was more expensive than my tried and true wellness and they also don't sell it at my alternative dog food store (i have no idea why).

And also, as i said, this was just my 2 cents based on my own experiences and heavy dealing within the frenchie world.

And Stella - at least you figured out within a few weeks - i think it took me quite a few months of being on Dogster before i realized how great it was.

Stinky - before i got George i almost got a boston just like you! Still plan on getting one one day.
[notify]
» There has since been 26 posts. Last posting by Lola CGC, TD, Mar 22 11:43 am

Behavior & Training > is it true that aggression is a genetic trait?

Georgie

I Hate Rain

Barked: Fri Mar 20, '09 2:16pm PST 
I have to disagree with Tia a bit (respecfully of course)

I've lived with agressive dogs. 1 I truly believe was bad genetics. She was agreessive, had major health problems, couldn't keep weight on and died before she was 8.

George is my other one. He was my wonder dog. He went through Major socialization, training classes, and CGC training. He was the dog everyone trusted with their own dogs. Even with shy dogs or dogs with issues he would easily put them at ease and play with them.
But once he hit sexual maturity he just decided one day that he didn't like other dogs any more. It was nothing I as an owner, my family, my trainer or anyone else did that was wrong by him - he gets tons of excersize- great food - mental stimulation - tons of love- strong leadership and a steady routine. It's just the way he is.
Of course we're working on it, but it's a slow road.

I just think some dogs are born that, instead of reacting well in certain situations, they react poorly (with agression etc). Training can certainly help and sometimes eliminate the issues - but that dog may always be the dog that reacts in a way that we as humans don't want them to.

However neither of my dogs with issues were from good, healthy backgrounds. But then neither were any of my other dogs and they turned out miraculously well. So i don't know what that concludes.

I think it's a nature vs nurture thing. Sometimes nurture can overcome nature and sometimes it can't. Depends on the individual.

And I think Asher summed it up pretty well.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Mar 22 7:31 am

Behavior & Training > "Crates are MEAN!"

Georgie

I Hate Rain

Barked: Fri Mar 20, '09 1:58pm PST 
I've never used a crate, due to space reasosn etc.
However i wish i did, or at least tried it with my dogs. I think George, at least, would really benefit from having a secure area to call his own since as he's getting older he seems to have a bit more anxiety.

I just don't understand people who go to a class to learn but then don't actually do any "learning"
Ah well - any puppy class she goes to now a days (because i've hit 5 through different places in the last 3 years) will tell her it's best to use a crate.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Donner , Mar 22 5:59 am

Behavior & Training > Shy at the dog park
Georgie

I Hate Rain

Barked: Fri Mar 20, '09 1:52pm PST 
i agree.
And some dogs just don't like other dogs. Don't try to force her if she's one of thsoe.
Neither of my dogs really care for others. Yvie, who is also a puppy mill rescue, is just a people dog. She really doesn't care about other dogs.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by ~Sophie~, Mar 21 7:58 am

(Page 1 of 139: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.