Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 12: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  

Dog Health > Sutures out after 7 days...?
Kally

I caught a- squirrel once...

Barked: Thu Feb 27, '14 4:01am PST 
Anyone?? smile
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Mar 1 9:25 pm

Dog Health > Pills getting stuck in throat!!
Kally

Barked: Wed Feb 26, '14 12:54pm PST 
I know you said you've tried hiding pills in food... Have you tried lots of different kinds to see of something works better for him? Ours will easily eat a pill if I wrap it in cheese - I squeeze it so it's a ball of cheese with the pill in the middle. If not, could you open it and mix it into something he really likes? I've done this with scrambled eggs and wet dog food. Our dogs eat dry so the wet is a treat and they scarf it down. Otherwise, I would think squirting a small amount of water after the pill would be ok.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Feb 28 7:07 am

Kally

Barked: Wed Feb 26, '14 11:31am PST 
Bump! smile
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Mar 1 9:25 pm

Dog Health > Sudden peeing in the house - 8 yo Min Pin

Kally

Barked: Wed Feb 26, '14 6:36am PST 
I would worry that somthing like a UTI was going on... also, if he keeps going in the same place, maybe he can still really smell past urine? We've had to buy some heavy duty carpet cleaners and stuff specifically for pet urine to really get it out. When we were potty training our second dog, she kept going back to where she had gone before so I don't think we had cleaned it as well. Maybe really deep cleaning that area could help too! Good luck!!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Feb 26 7:57 am

Kally

Barked: Wed Feb 26, '14 6:18am PST 
Kally had two sebaceous cysts removed last Friday -- one at the base of her tail and one on her thigh. Our vet said the sutures could come out this Friday -- one week exactly. We took her back in last night (Tuesday) for a check up and she said it all looks to be healing nicely.

She did say there are two small pink spots on her tail but said she still thinks the sutures will be ready to come out Friday. This is a new vet for us -- she's been wonderful so far but we are just paranoid pet parents smile 7 days seemed a little fast? She had a cyst removed from her neck a couple of years ago and they stayed in at least 10 days.

Any thoughts? My husband is afraid the wound will repoen if we take the sutures out on Friday. She is really uncomfortable with them in so I want to go ahead if the vet thinks it's okay but if that wound reopens... I don't know how well any of us would handl that frown
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Mar 1 9:25 pm

Dog Health > Cyst removed from base of tail -- pain level?? Updates in comments?
Kally

Barked: Wed Feb 26, '14 6:15am PST 
Thanks for the feedback! I did end up taking Kally in last night because she still seemed to be in quite a bit of pain. Vet said the sutures all look really good and like everything is healing well. She said the location of the sutures are probably bothering her and pinching her. She prescribed Gabapentin -- I gave it to her last night and it didn't really seem to make a difference. So hopefully we can keep her resting as comfortably as possible until those nasty stitches come out!!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Feb 26 12:48 pm

Dog Health > Cyst removed from base of tail -- pain level?? Updates in comments?

Kally

Barked: Tue Feb 25, '14 1:04pm PST 
Bumpsmile
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Feb 26 12:48 pm

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > Complaint about sensitivity of censoring

Kally

Barked: Mon Feb 24, '14 6:59pm PST 
I typed a long post about my dog's surgery and it kept telling me there was a "bad word" in it. It is ridiculous how long it took me to edit it and "dumb it down" so that there were no "hidden" bad words. There was nothing inappropriate in there and I think the filters are way to sensitive. It really impedes being able to post and receive feedback in any kind of timely fashion.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Mar 5 1:09 pm

Kally

Barked: Mon Feb 24, '14 6:57pm PST 
Anyone else had surgery with a removal at the base of a tail? I don't want to be giving her too much pain meds but also hate seeing her in pain. The sutures all look really good and look like they are healing but she is clearly in pain and uncomfortable frown I'm not good seeing her in pain and tend to worry, my husband thinks this is pretty normal given her age and the location of the removal. Any thoughts would be really appreciated!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Feb 26 12:48 pm

Kally

Barked: Mon Feb 24, '14 6:56pm PST 
Since Friday when she got home at 4pm, she's had a pain killer every six hours. At the end of six hours, she seems upset and in pain. Less panting today after not giving the nsaid but still some panting and pain. She has to always be with, and I mean usually in contact with, me or my husband. This is really unusual for her. We've even taken turns taking off work to be with her.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Feb 26 12:48 pm

(Page 1 of 12: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.