Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 63: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Raw Food Diet > Premium meat kibble vs homecooked vegetarian diet
Jasper

High-flyin' Pup!

Barked: Wed Jul 2, '14 7:22pm PST 
Rather than alienate your family members by calling them selfish, I recommend acknowledging that dogs can and DO thrive on a well-made vegetarian diet...as long as they are providing a balanced diet for their dog I would not browbeat them about how they choose to do so.

When I managed a pet feed store, we had a dozen or so customers who fed their dogs a meatless diet...some for health reasons, some because of personal preference. The dogs were fine. One of them was a show dog(standard poodle), with a stunning coat and a lively gait.

The hate on here toward people who make different choices never ceases to amaze me.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jul 3 9:47 am

Raw Food Diet > Premium meat kibble vs homecooked vegetarian diet
Star

Barked: Sun Jun 22, '14 6:03am PST 
Natural Balance makes a vegetarian kibble for dogs. Star did quite well on it. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jul 3 9:47 am

Grooming > My dog rolled in...

Jasper

High-flyin' Pup!

Barked: Sun Jun 1, '14 6:13pm PST 
LOL Ember! Jasper tries to eat snake poop when I'm cleaning the big snake's cage, but he has never tried to roll in it. big grin
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jun 1 6:13 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Finding Rescue Recommendations

Jasper

High-flyin' Pup!

Barked: Wed May 21, '14 1:26pm PST 
Some dog trainers in my area provide a service where they will go "dog shopping" with a family that wants to adopt, and help them find a good match. Maybe call up a few trainers in your area and see if anyone is willing to give you a hand? smile Good luck in your search!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , May 21 1:26 pm

Jasper

High-flyin' Pup!

Barked: Fri May 16, '14 9:14pm PST 
Jasper says maggoty fish carcass sounds like a FANTASTIC cologne, and he'll be keeping an eye out for them next time I let him run out at the nearby lake. >.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jun 1 6:13 pm

Jasper

High-flyin' Pup!

Barked: Wed May 14, '14 10:51pm PST 
Today on our walk, Jasper stopped to roll. I smiled because somtimes after he's been cooped up he likes to have a good roll on the grass and it's really cute.

Then I spied what looked like a tangle of sticks he was rolling in, and leaned in to look closer.

Ah, it was a rotting crow carcass, and the tangle of sticks was its feet. It was in the "liquefying" stage of decomposition, and there were carcass juices all over Jasper and his collar. I MUST start looking when he does that telltale "I'm gonna roll!" circle that he does.

We finished our walk and then walked straight to the self-service dog wash about a mile away. I bought him a new collar, washed him, and we walked back home. Normally I'd bathe him at home rather than spend $15 to use someone else's tub but...no, just no. I didn't want that stink in my house or my car.

The last time something like this happened it was goose poop and he was COVERED in green sludge form nose to tail. We tossed him in the creek to rinse off before driving home. He smelled like icky creekwater, but better that than crusted-on goose poop.

Anyone else have a good "My dog rolled in..." story?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jun 1 6:13 pm

Dogs and a Clean Home > Dogs always ripping stuffing from toys! Help?

Jasper

High-flyin' Pup!

Barked: Wed May 14, '14 10:43pm PST 
If it really bothers you, I would just stop buying stuffed toys. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Jun 21 5:54 am

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Fix it or kill it. I am tired of the spam in the forums:(

Jasper

High-flyin' Pup!

Barked: Wed May 14, '14 10:40pm PST 
I'd like to see guest posting disabled entirely. If the guests aren't spambots, they are digging up nine year old posts that should have been locked eight years ago.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , May 23 3:54 am

Food & Nutrition > Free Greenies

Jasper

High-flyin' Pup!

Barked: Tue May 6, '14 1:20pm PST 
Why in the world would you bump a thread from 2005?! Oh wait, I just bumped it again by posting that.

Come on, shouldn't threads be locked after say....a year with no posts? Nevermind NINE YEARS...
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , May 14 8:53 am

Raw Food Diet > Mice?
Jasper

High-flyin' Pup!

Barked: Wed Apr 30, '14 1:22pm PST 
I'd start with large adult mice for their first time, and see how it goes. I gave Jasper a rabbit for his first whole animal and he was baffled. I wish I'd started him with something smaller. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , May 13 9:05 pm

(Page 1 of 63: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.