Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Choosing the Right Dog > Everyone's thinkin it, I'm just sayin it (Great Danes)
Chaos

Chaos Rules!!

Barked: Mon Mar 23, '09 6:22pm PST 
Although I have not ever gotten to own a great dane, I have a friend who has always had Great Danes and knows so much about them he could write a book. If you get a chance to write to him, since he has a fan club. Fabio - yes, that Fabio (the model) has owned great danes for years and knows so, so much about them. He is a fountain of information, and loves the breed tremendously. I remember going with him to the airport to pick up Apache when he first got him from a breeder in Mississippi. He loved and treated that dog like you cannot believe. One thing I learned right away was because they are growing into such large dogs it is important to feed and exercise them properly because you do not want their bones or muscles to receive poor nutrition. He always was very careful about this and has raised some of the healthiest well mannered great danes around. I remember Apache could stand 6' on his hind legs, but he would never, ever jump on anyone. He was the finest well behaved dog you ever met.
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by , Apr 13 8:22 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Help in making the decision for this week... getting ready...
Lucky- "My Heavenly- Angel"

I'm a lucky dog!

Barked: Mon Mar 2, '09 2:04pm PST 
Please stay with Pate to the end. No matter how hard it is for you, it will be much harder for Pate not to have you with him. If it was the other way around you know our babies would stay there by our side. It is hard. It is the hardest thing to do, but it is the most horrible feeling you could imagine if you are not there. I wish you strength, and courage. Your sweet Pate will appreciate your presence, and although it may seem impossible to face, you will feel so much better that you were there.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Mar 3 12:00 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > I had to say goodbye to my big sis today.

I'm a lucky dog!

Barked: Fri Feb 13, '09 10:17am PST 
I will meet you at the bridge to play.

So sorry for your loss.cry
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Feb 15 1:06 pm

Dog Health > Boston Terrier with skin bumps

Chaos

Chaos Rules!!

Barked: Fri Feb 13, '09 10:10am PST 
Rocky has been doing much better. Skin bumps cleared up. We couldn't determine the source of the allergy, however, he's eating a different food - lamb and rice....and has not had any recurrences.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Dec 30 9:51 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Pray for my Mom please?

I'm a lucky dog!

Barked: Fri Jan 9, '09 1:27pm PST 
Thank you everyone for all of your kind thoughts. I was blessed to have Lucky in my life for so many wonderful years.

I will always treasure the memories. Lucky's always been there for Chaos, so he too is feeling the loss of her presence by I try to give him extra attention. Thank God he is here, I think it would be unbearable to have lost Lucky and not have Chaos here to keep me company. He is a good boy, and he picked up lots of good habits growing up with Lucky to guide him. She lives on in what she taught him.

Thanks again for your prayers and thoughts.

Love,
Lucky's mom
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jan 13 7:02 am

I'm a lucky dog!

Barked: Thu Jan 1, '09 1:09pm PST 
Thanks Meeko. It turns out that it is the result of some type of allergy. We are trying to determine if it was his bed, a food allergy or what....however, thank God that it was not anything more serious like staph or cancer. My parents are taking real good care of him and trying to find the cause.

Thanks for everyone's concern.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Dec 30 9:51 am

Chaos

Chaos Rules!!

Barked: Thu Dec 25, '08 7:37pm PST 
The vet gave us medicine for Rocky and his bumps seem to be getting better. Please say prayers for him that they go away completely.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Dec 30 9:51 am

Chaos

Chaos Rules!!

Barked: Tue Dec 23, '08 3:56pm PST 
Hi, can't tell if they're white/grayish because they are under the fur, so it's hard to tell. Seems to be like pimples - still same color skin. Don't know yet if it's a staph infection...vet will let us know in 2 weeks what the tests reveal. Just hoping it's not cancer, although hopefully not a staph infection either.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Dec 30 9:51 am

Chaos

Chaos Rules!!

Barked: Tue Dec 23, '08 12:18pm PST 
Thanks for replying. The bumps are small, like the size of a pea, but not very pronounced. A couple have opened and been have a scab, but do not seem to irritate him. He was however uncomfortable after the vet biopsied a few yesterday. he has stitches which made him not want to lie on his side. I thought he had scratched himself running through the hedges, but this doesn't seem to be the case. they are only on his right side. I hope its some kind of skin allergy but do not know enough to assume that. His energy is the same, and personality is happy as well.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Dec 30 9:51 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Pray for my Mom please?

I'm a lucky dog!

Barked: Mon Dec 22, '08 8:15pm PST 
Mom is so sad that I am gone. I lived a long time, and she knows I had a good life, but it doesn't make it any easier to say goodbye. She slept next to me last Tuesday night and in the morning 12-17-08 I went to the bridge. I was tired and though I was strong the day before I didn't want to get up but she told me it was okay I could go, and that I shouldn't be afraid. So I went to the bridge, but she misses me so much. I was with her for half of her life. Now I'm not there to look out for her and she feels lost without me.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Jan 13 7:02 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.