Postings by Rosa's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 19: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  

Grooming > Best smelling grooming products
Rosa

wanted toy thief

Barked: Thu Nov 15, '12 4:53am PST 
I'm always on the hunt for a nice smelling dog shampoo and conditioning mist. Problem is stores like Petco just have the same old stuff (much of it stinks), and I've been using Tropiclean baby powder scent for years on my furgirls and would like something new. But I notice that the pet store's grooming department uses different scents (like vanilla cupcake) also made by Tropiclean, although these "special" scents are not available for the public to purchase. I understand that this is their way of enticing more grooming business, but I would like to know if someone can tell me how we "non-professionals" can buy the better products as well? Any good websites?
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Mar 22 5:53 am

Dog Health > What's that sweet smell?
Emily

hugbug

Barked: Thu Jun 18, '09 7:29am PST 
Just started feeding Emily Wellness Core (ocean formula) a few days ago, and she has developed an unpleasant "sweet" smell. No signs of skin problems or infection, so we're questioning if it's the food change.

I was expecting maybe a fishy odor, but just thought I'd ask around to make sure it's not a health problem due to the high protein levels in this formula.

Thanks!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Emily, Jun 18 7:29 am

Food & Nutrition > Wellness Core Ocean Formula

Emily

hugbug

Barked: Tue Jun 16, '09 9:46am PST 
Thank you, Layla! We appreciate all the support here on Dogster.....cheer
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Brodie Bear, Jun 16 3:07 pm

Emily

hugbug

Barked: Tue Jun 16, '09 8:19am PST 
All the great suggestions are appreciated. Since Emily just began the Wellness Ocean formula Core a few days ago, I'll give it a fair try. She's still pooping 6 times a day, but I think it's still too soon to quit.

If the Core doesn't help, we will probably go next with the Natural Balance fish and potato formula. I will pick up some of the same treats as well, to keep track and limit the allergy situation. My Pug couldn't handle the potato in that formula and it made her poop even more.... she does best with RICE. But everydog is different, and I'm so desperate after cleaning poop all day long that anything is worth a try to help my baby girl!

It's sad because she is such a sweetheart, but no one wants to watch her for a day if I have to go anywhere because she is a lot of work between all the pooping and peeing (no joke at least 10 potty trips a day). She needs a revolving door.... frown Emily was just checked out at the vet and got a clean bill of health, so it's not a UTI or diabetes either.

As a few of you have also suggested, I picked up some probiotics from CVS yesterday, and gave her a dose this morning.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Brodie Bear, Jun 16 3:07 pm

Emily

hugbug

Barked: Mon Jun 15, '09 6:27am PST 
I started feeding Emily Wellness Core Ocean formula 2 days ago. The only treats she gets is Wellness pure rewards beef.

So far today, 3 large poops already.....and it's only 9AM.....shock

I'm going to check on a probiotic to add to her food. I have a chewable brand on hand that my husband uses, but when I checked the ingredients I see citric acid which I heard is not good for dogs.

Any recommendations on which type?
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Brodie Bear, Jun 16 3:07 pm

Emily

hugbug

Barked: Sun Jun 14, '09 9:09am PST 
As listed on the Wellness website:

Preventative Health Benefits

*Fish & Flax Omega Blend provide a rich supply of Omega 3 & 6 fatty acids from salmon oil, flax and canola oil. This blend nutritionally supports healthy skin to produce a glossy coat at guaranteed levels on every bag.

*Herbs, Botanicals, Fruits & Greens provide Phyto-Chemicals, Micro-Nutrients and Antioxidants

*Living Food - Our ActiCoat System applies living, heat-sensitive Probiotic micro-organisms after cooking to support digestive health at a guaranteed levels on every bag

*Hip & Joint Health - Glucosamine and Chondroitin to help support long term bone and joint health at guaranteed levels on every bag.

Is there a need to add more probiotic if it's already in the mix?
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Brodie Bear, Jun 16 3:07 pm

Emily

hugbug

Barked: Sat Jun 13, '09 9:52am PST 
Hi Pumpkin,

Yes, it is the Ocean formula.
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Brodie Bear, Jun 16 3:07 pm

Emily

hugbug

Barked: Sat Jun 13, '09 9:10am PST 
Like it or not?

I picked up a bag of Wellness CORE yesterday for Emily hoping it will help some of her issues.

She had been eating Wellness duck and rice since she appears to have food allergies (chicken is one for sure). While this cleared up her itching and scratching nicely, her poops were still on the mushy side, and I thought the rice would help. Unfortunately, she was still pooping 5-6 times a day which I would think means she is not absorbing (some) ingredients in this food properly. She's also a secret poop eater...so this really presents a challange being that I must be the "poop police" 5-6 times a day.

We tried Natural Balance limited ingredients lamb and rice as well....same results...too many elephant poops. She is healthy at 15 pounds and I feed her 1/2 cup twice daily.

So do you think the problem could also be a grain intolerance?

I'm interested in hearing the good or the bad results with your dog while eating Wellness CORE. Thanks!
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by Brodie Bear, Jun 16 3:07 pm

Behavior & Training > water bowl and potty habits

Emily

hugbug

Barked: Sat May 30, '09 7:24am PST 
I appreciate the replies and agree that it sounds more like a behavioral tactic to get my attention OFF my work and back ON to them....

Clever pups....dancing
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Nate, May 30 6:55 pm

Behavior & Training > Indoor Potty Training and Possible "Learning Difficulties"
Emily

hugbug

Barked: Sat May 30, '09 7:16am PST 
This sounds a lot like a Chihuahua my sister once had gotten from some rather unscrupulous breeders. She struggled too, always hoping for a magic answer. But, I agree with the others....this does sound obsessive-compulsive, and many times this disorder can overlap with more serious neurological disease. Your heart is in the right place wanting to help this poor animal.....a combination of medication and behavioral therapy can't hurt.

Concerning the potty issues....why are you letting these dogs dirty on a rug? This seems like it would just cause more confusion, to say the least. And it gets washed twice a WEEK? That would explain tracking a mess.

While there are many reasons some people can't readily walk their dog outside.... pet stores do sell "dog boxes" to contain the mess, similar to a cat litter box, only larger with a ramp, just in case you're interested. You can use old newspaper to line it and dispose of quickly to prevent unwanted odors.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Emily, May 30 7:16 am

(Page 1 of 19: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.