Postings by Scout (I'm a girl)'s Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

Miniature Poodle > Grooming - how much/how often?
Scout (I'm a- girl)

Thank You :)

Barked: Tue Jul 24, '07 12:59pm PST 
Scout and Missy both get groomed about every 6 weeks. They both get fairly short cuts and it costs about $80 for both of them.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Gracie, Jan 14 3:19 pm

Grooming > Do you tip your groomer?
Scout (I'm a- girl)

Barked: Thu Oct 5, '06 2:23pm PST 
I always, always, always tip my groomer.

When in doubt, you can always ask.

Petsmart and Petco groomers here are paid through the regular cashier, and there is no place for a tip on the receipt, so if you pay with a credit card, remember to bring a little cash with you. I usually give $10 per cut
[notify]
» There has since been 23 posts. Last posting by , Apr 16 5:46 pm

Behavior & Training > are some breeds smarter than others?

Scout (I'm a- girl)

Barked: Wed Sep 27, '06 4:01pm PST 
I got the Poodle smarts, but the Pekingese stubborns. I will only do things when it pleases me. Mom says I have the personality of a cat.

Missy on the other hand isn't all that bright, but she is eager to please. She has managed to learn to sit in the last 2 months, but that's about it (and only occasional).

I'll leave the people pleasing to Missy. As for me, I'll continue to mastermind plans to eat food off of the counters and pluck pears out of the trees.
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Marlowe, CGC, Oct 19 9:13 am

Dog Health > My baby got attacked ( kinda long)

Scout (I'm a- girl)

Barked: Thu Sep 14, '06 1:59pm PST 
Poor Cosmo.

Please keep an eye on him. When I was young, we had neighbor dogs come in our yard and attack one of our dogs. There were no visible bite marks on her, but one of the dogs teeth punctured her intestine which ended up getting infected. Unfortuantely, she died as a result. So if you notice any odd behavior, make sure to get him to the vet immediately.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Dante, Sep 15 10:04 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > A woman is now in jail after rescueing a dog from a long and painful death!! (Long)

Scout (I'm a- girl)

Barked: Thu Sep 14, '06 1:26pm PST 
Tammy did what she needed to do, and I applaud her for it. What she needed to do in this case happened to be illegal, so she also needs to take responsibility for her actions which includes getting to visit with the jail and judge.

Maybe this will help change the laws there, but not likely.

Sometimes civil disobedience is necessary. It used to be illegal to harbor escaped slaves. It used to be illegal to be in "alternative" relationships. People have defied the laws and gone to jail for it.

I would have done the same thing as her, and I would have taken my lumps for it. Nobody says she has to take her lumps quietly though. She needs to make noise about this, and lots of it, or nothing will ever get changed.

BTW...Laws may not be made to be broken, but there are some on the books that deserve it.
• Bear wrestling matches are prohibited in Alabama

• It is considered an offense in Alaska to push a live moose out of a moving airplane.

• Donkeys cannot sleep in bathtubs in Arizona

• Alligators may not be kept in bathtub in Arkansas

• In Hollywood California, it is illegal to drive more than two thousand sheep down Hollywood Boulevard at one time.

• In Sterling, Colorado, cats may not run loose without having been fit with a taillight.

• In Connecticut, any dogs with tattoos must be reported to the police.

• If an elephant is left tied to a parking meter in Florida, the parking fee has to be paid just as it would for a vehicle.

• In Quitman Georgia, it is illegal for a chicken to cross the road.

• In Boise Idaho, residents may not fish from a giraffe's back.

• It is against the law for a monster to enter the corporate limits of Urbana, Illinois.

dumblaws.com
[notify]
» There has since been 53 posts. Last posting by , Sep 21 12:35 pm

Dog Health > BURP or FART-- Which do you do more of??
Scout (I'm a- girl)

Barked: Thu Sep 14, '06 11:20am PST 
I burp ALL of the time, adn so does Missy. Mom's not sure about the farting though, because we have a rather gaseous human brother and dad and they're always blaming us (which I don't find the slightest bit funny BTW).

Anyhow, mom never knows if it's really us or the boys, so the jury is still out on that one.
[notify]
» There has since been 91 posts. Last posting by Lucy-Lu, Nov 7 6:48 am

Other Barks & Woofs > Does anyone have a photo of a Labradoodle or a Cockerdoodle?

Scout (I'm a- girl)

Barked: Fri Sep 8, '06 10:56pm PST 
I love all of the poo mixes on the boards. I'm a Peke-a-poo, and we see 2 labradoodles around the neighborhood all of the time.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jun 26 10:26 pm

What I Love About Dogster > Ruff and tuff toys!

Missy

Barked: Thu Sep 7, '06 3:02pm PST 
I would love the answer to that myself. Mom says I have jaws of steel. She got me a flossy and it was gone in about 15 minutes (which it apparently impressive for a 12 lb dog).

My sister Scout goes through stuffed animals like they're going out of style.

The trick is finding something durable yet still interesting. So far, we haven't found anything like that. Mom bought us bully sticks, but threw them out because they stunk so bad.

Good luck
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Gio, Sep 27 7:50 pm

Other Barks & Woofs > How did ya get yer name?

Missy

Barked: Thu Sep 7, '06 1:51pm PST 
I came with my name. I was an owner surrender at the local shelter. When momadopted me she didn't think it was fair for me to have to get a new home AND a new name. Luckily, I got the new home, but got to keep my name.
[notify]
» There has since been 34 posts. Last posting by , Sep 13 3:58 pm

Other Barks & Woofs > How did ya get yer name?
Scout (I'm a- girl)

Barked: Thu Sep 7, '06 1:50pm PST 
My name, Scout, came from the little girl in To Kill a Mockingbird, and also because I was such an explorer.
[notify]
» There has since been 35 posts. Last posting by , Sep 13 3:58 pm

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.