Postings by ♥ ROXI ♥'s Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 156: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Zoe has gone to the bridge September 11, 2014
♥- ROXI- ♥

Devil- Dog

Barked: Sat Sep 13, '14 4:03pm PST 
Thank you all for the rosettes and kind words on Zoe's page. She will be missed.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by max, Today 4:55 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Zoe has gone to the bridge September 11, 2014
ZOE, ALWAYS- IN MY HEART

What- Would Cesar- Do?

Barked: Sat Sep 13, '14 4:02pm PST 
Mom here:
Thursday we helped Zoe to Rainbow bridge. It feels like I have had a part of my heart and soul ripped out. I knew she wasn't going to get better. She was 16 and the only thing she had left to do was eat, but all the eating in the world wasn't helping her. Then she started throwing up everything we gave her. She was too weak to stand. She had lost her quality of life. Zoe was my first dog I ever had and this hurts beyond belief. Please pray for Roxi as she is still waiting for her best friend to walk through the door and she doesn't understand she never will come back. I'm not sure I understand either. RIP Zoe I miss you beyond words and it's only been a not even an hour you are gone. Till I see you again.

Forever in My Heart
Gone, yet not forgotten
Although we are apart
Your spirit lives within me
Forever in my heart
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by max, Today 4:55 am

Food & Nutrition > Beneful dog food may be killing dogs

♥- ROXI- ♥

Devil- Dog

Barked: Wed Apr 10, '13 7:09pm PST 
i work in dollar general. i stopped someone from buying rawhide from china today (i would probably get fired for that) but people still buy gravy train etc. and their dogs are 14/15 years old. in this world economy right now as long as you feed your dog i consider it good. my dog is 15 and always ate the best food. she is in renal failure, advanced CHF and deaf. luck of the draw as with people. about purina, again as long as you feed your dog. unless i see scientific evidence purina is killing dogs then i count it as hearsay.shrugshrug
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Sep 18 7:08 pm

Food & Nutrition > Beneful dog food may be killing dogs

♥- ROXI- ♥

Devil- Dog

Barked: Tue Apr 9, '13 2:47pm PST 
i wouldn't be so quick to bash any dog food right now.

Late last night, Natura Pet announced a dramatic expansion of its pet food recall. This recall affects dogs, cats, and ferrets. This is a large recall affecting 56 products distributed through retailers throughout the U.S., Canada, Hong Kong, Korea, Japan, Malaysia, and Cost Rica. Please share to spread the word. Follow the links below for a complete list of product pictures, lot numbers, and date ranges.

We predicted there would be an expansion of this recall on March 18. It is important that pet owners have a source for this type of information. Like Healing Springs on Facebook to receive updates on pet product safety in your newsfeed.

These products are being recalled due to a possible salmonella contamination. The presence of salmonella in some of these products has been confirmed by the Michigan Department of Agriculture and the Georgia Department of Agriculture. While the FDA is stating there are no confirmed illnesses reported to date, people who have posted here suspect several incidents of serious illness in their pets related to this contamination. Salmonella should be taken seriously, and suspect products should never be fed to a pet. While salmonella is common and easily managed through proper safe handling procedures, salmonella can seriously sicken pets. Humans can be infected by handling contaminated products. Twenty percent of humans infected with salmonella have to be hospitalized.

Proctor & Gamble purchased Natura Pet in 2010. Many have speculated on these posts that this recall, the first for Natura pet in 21 years, suggests Proctor & Gamble has negatively affected the quality standards of the company. However, Natura Pet was having some trouble at least since 2009. In 2009, a class action lawsuit was started against Natura Pet for allegedly overstating the quality of their ingredients. In 2011, Natura Pet settled the lawsuit for $2.15 million.

Recall Details
Replacement Product Application: http://www.naturapet.com/voluntary_recal....02013-03-29.pdf
INNOVA: http://www.naturapet.com/voluntary_recal...._329%202013.pdf
EVO: http://www.naturapet.com/voluntary_recal...._329%202013.pdf
Califor nia Natural: http://www.naturapet.com/voluntary_recal...._329%202013.pdf
HealthW ise: http://www.naturapet.com/voluntary_recal...._329%202013.pdf
Karma: http://www.naturapet.com/voluntary_recal...._329%202013.pdf
all considered the better foods.

and of course for that raw feeder in you

http://www.petmd.com/news/alerts-recalls/barf-world-recalls-b ags-lamb-and-combo-pet-food-patties#.UWRgDqJOO0I

just sayin.....
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Sep 18 7:08 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > My Zoey is gone

ZOE, ALWAYS- IN MY HEART

What- Would Cesar- Do?

Barked: Tue Jun 12, '12 5:56pm PST 
hughughughughughug so very very sorrycry
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Thor, Jun 16 11:21 am

Food & Nutrition > need to change
♥- ROXI- ♥

Devil- Dog

Barked: Wed Oct 12, '11 7:49am PST 
geez, all for naught. the vet made a mistake with the price. they charged me the feline price. eekeekeekeek

thanks anyway guys!!!hughug
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by ♥ ROXI ♥, Oct 12 7:49 am

♥- ROXI- ♥

Devil- Dog

Barked: Tue Oct 11, '11 7:25am PST 
mom tried finding it cheaper online and it is but the shipping..... she's going to try another vet to see if they have it. you need a prescription for it so our pet smart doesn't carry the vet formula. dad said it comes to $1/day just keep her on it not worth the aggravation of the upset tummy, etc. shrugshrug
ellie, the vet isn't sure about the allergy or IBS but the royal canin worked so we left it at that without invasive and expensive testing.

mom just hates being ripped off.

thanks for all your advice. she has to think about it. right now we're trying to get all new rugs ruined from the flooding.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by ♥ ROXI ♥, Oct 12 7:49 am

♥- ROXI- ♥

Devil- Dog

Barked: Mon Oct 10, '11 7:29am PST 
thanks hazel, i've always tried to transition that way but they pick the new food out and don't eat the other. i don't know if it's worth it at this point to go thru the whole process of finding another food that agrees with her. the thought of my carpets and what happens is enough to make me pay extra. BOL BOL i did call the vet and there was an increase but the woman that takes care of that kind of stuff will be calling me back when she gets in. maybe they'll give me a discount otherwise if the price went up it went up. shrugshrug why call me?
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by ♥ ROXI ♥, Oct 12 7:49 am

♥- ROXI- ♥

Devil- Dog

Barked: Sun Oct 9, '11 7:56am PST 
thanks!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by ♥ ROXI ♥, Oct 12 7:49 am

♥- ROXI- ♥

Devil- Dog

Barked: Sat Oct 8, '11 12:41pm PST 
thanks, last month i paid $31 but my husband went today and paid $42. naturally he didn't get a receipt and they're closed now. i'd like to just change and not get the lecture from the vet. roxi has IBS so he put her on the hypo and that helps. i really don't know if she is actually "allergic" she always ate chicken before then had a bout of IBS. the royal canin is soy? it doesn't have a flavor like duck, chicken, etc.
my other dog is in CHF so her meds are really high too. it's getting a little much. i'm going to petsmart/petco tonight.i'll check out those foods.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by ♥ ROXI ♥, Oct 12 7:49 am

(Page 1 of 156: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.