Postings by Inna's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 15: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > We'll miss you Duncan! July, 1995 to January 16, 2008
Duncan RIP- 07/95 to- 1/16/08

Leave me alone!

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '08 6:30pm PST 
This morning Duncan wasn't acting like himself. His mom was concerned so she decided to take him to the vet. When he got there they found that a tumor in his stomach had ruptured and his stomach was filling with blood. After a while of talking and praying, Duncan's mom and dad decided to let the vet take an x-ray of Duncan's chest. The x-ray came back clear, with no cancer, so they allowed the vet to do exploratory surgery on Duncan to see if they could stop the bleeding in his stomach. When the vet began the surgery she found so many tumors that it would be impossible to remove them all and have Duncan be back to normal with no pain. So Duncan's mom, dad, and sister made the painful decision to have him not wake up from the surgery. Duncan lived a long and happy life (13 years) and will always be remembered as a loving part of his family! We will miss you Duncan!
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by River, Jan 17 4:03 am

Dog Health > Vomitting! Stressed?
Inna

I'm Innariffic!

Barked: Tue May 1, '07 7:50pm PST 
Well my my husband and I are going through a divorce and I have been staying at my dad's with the dogs, and I think she is really really stressed out over that. There are no other symptoms. My stepmom said that she gave her a doggie breath mint this morning so I think that is what got her stomach upset.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Cherokee Forever Loved Cherry, May 1 7:59 pm

Dog Health > Vomitting! Stressed?

Inna

I'm Innariffic!

Barked: Tue May 1, '07 5:42pm PST 
Inna keeps throwing up! I thought it was because she was hungry, but she can't keep anything down. Could it be because she is stressed out?
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Cherokee Forever Loved Cherry, May 1 7:59 pm

Dog Health > 40-60 dead birds found on one street in downtown Austin! Caution!

Inna

I'm Innariffic!

Barked: Sat Jan 20, '07 10:04am PST 
For those who care for an update; health officials found that the birds found died of natural causes. A parasite along with cooler temperatures caused these birds to die. No heath risk to humans or other animals!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Inna, Jan 20 10:04 am

Inna

I'm Innariffic!

Barked: Mon Jan 8, '07 11:55am PST 
The following was on the News8Austin.com website:

"Health officials say dozens of dead birds discovered Monday along Congress Avenue in downtown Austin pose no health risk to the public. Air quality tests conducted at the site where the 63 dead pigeons, grackles and sparrows were found have come back negative. As a precaution, the chief health official for the area, Adolfo Valadez, said some of the birds will be sent to the National Animal Disease Center in Ames, Iowa, and Texas A&M University for further testing. Valadez said they want to rule out poisoning or viral infections as a possibility. Officials do not believe the deaths were caused by avian flu. Police closed down the area Monday morning after a passerby found the dead birds at about 3 a.m. All businesses and offices stayed closed and people weren't allowed in to work. Traffic was also heavy because of the detour.A Homeland Security spokesman said there is "no credible intelligence'' that suggests a threat against Austin."
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Inna, Jan 20 10:04 am

Inna

I'm Innariffic!

Barked: Mon Jan 8, '07 9:37am PST 
Yeah, they are thinking they were poisoned, but aren't 100% sure. I don't know why anyone would want to poison random birds! We live in Round Rock, the town just north of Austin, so we really don't have much to worry about, but we are still being careful!
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Inna, Jan 20 10:04 am

Dog Health > Not eating

Inna

I'm Innariffic!

Barked: Mon Jan 8, '07 8:45am PST 
Not all dogs eat non-stop if available. I leave food out for my dogs all day to eat when they are hungry. Granted they are much smaller than Diesel, he just might not have been as hungry as usual. My dad's dogs usually scarf down their food at dinner time, but there are days when they don't feel like eating and there is nothing wrong. I would just watch him and if he goes much longer without eating, take him to the vet.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Francie Rose, Jan 10 3:50 am

Inna

I'm Innariffic!

Barked: Mon Jan 8, '07 8:05am PST 
Update: At this moment, they do not think the birds died from Avian Influenza (bird flu). But they are still testing.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Inna, Jan 20 10:04 am

Inna

I'm Innariffic!

Barked: Mon Jan 8, '07 7:46am PST 
Officials in Austin have shut down Cogress Avenue and all cross streets in order to collect 40-60 dead birds for testing. As of now, they have found no threat to the community, but they are still testing the birds to see the cause of death. I was just watching the news and they say the health department says that the birds could have been poisoned, or the deaths could have been a result of severe weather.

Just wanted everyone in Austin to know and be cautious when walking your dogs! I'll keep ya'll updated when I find out more!
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Inna, Jan 20 10:04 am

Dog Health > Dry Skin! Help!
Sergeant

I'm- Sargealicious!

Barked: Mon Dec 4, '06 4:22pm PST 
Sarge is only 10 months old. We got him in July so no telling if this happens around this time of year! bol. It doesn't seem to bother him...he just loves to roll around and scratch his back. I'll ask the vet when we take him in to get his teeth pulled.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sergeant, Dec 4 4:22 pm

(Page 1 of 15: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.