Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 115: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > Red spots and....Mice?
Tippy

You can get- anything if you- sit pretty!

Barked: Fri Jul 4, '08 9:48am PST 
Most ringworm glows green under a black light but it is not 100%
It is helpful but I would not trust just the light. Some of mine did not glow green and some did.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jul 4 9:48 am

Tippy

Barked: Thu Jul 3, '08 7:42pm PST 
It's ok Baloo.
Ever since my ringworm problem I try to get the facts straight.
The funny thing is that most of what you read is about cats, horses and people, usually not a dog thing.
Boy someone needed to tell my dogs thatsmile
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jul 4 9:48 am

Food & Nutrition > Premium food 'too rich'??

Tippy

Barked: Thu Jul 3, '08 5:47am PST 
I do rescue and feed all of my dogs Innova but some of the puppies (actually almost all of them) can not handle the Innova puppy food.
I'm not sure what it is but it has happend with a lot of them.
You could always use RC until he gets a bit older and then try the Innova again.
[notify]
» There has since been 34 posts. Last posting by , Jul 5 1:26 pm

Tippy

Barked: Thu Jul 3, '08 4:19am PST 
Baloo,
That is not true.
I had a house full of dogs last year that had ringworm (5 total) and all were round spots.
It was the biggest pain I have ever had to deal with! Not pain as in painful, but just all of the cleaning and treating the dogs and myself, it took months for everyone to clear up.
I would get the dogs checked ASAP, you do NOT want that spreading.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jul 4 9:48 am

Food & Nutrition > Need food recommendations for dog with poor appetite

Tippy

Barked: Tue Jul 1, '08 5:17am PST 
I do small breed rescue and recently we have had two chihuahuas (at different times) that would not eat.
I tried EVERYTHING with the one and nothing worked, come to find out she was allergic to an antibiotic she was on and once she was pulled off of it she was fine (thank DOG!)
But the one we have now is not as good, she just gave birth and would only eat/drink goats milk. Her foster mom has tried everything and the one she likes right now is canned Merrick, I can't remember which flavor though.
At times you have to throw everything you know about feeding dogs out the window, when one will not eat.
Ours is trying to nurse 3 puppies so we have to get SOMETHING in her even if it means hand feeding her several times a day.
I guess the difference is that the dogs I am talking about are under 5lbs. and can NOT afford to shed pounds.
[notify]
» There has since been 36 posts. Last posting by , Jul 11 2:49 pm

Dog Health > Cicadas
Bo

Anytime you- can...run, run,- run!!!

Barked: Mon Jun 9, '08 6:57pm PST 
Here in East TN we have a TON of them and they are driving me crazy!
They are covering all of our fruit trees and I'm afraid they will kill them all.
So when I see one in the yard I show the dogs so they can eat them for me.
Just the other day Bo had one in his mouth that was still alive and making those horrible sounds, he was running right to me with it, of course I headed the other way.
I can't wait until they are gone!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jun 10 3:41 am

Dog Health > Spay Question

Tippy

Barked: Sat Jun 7, '08 6:25am PST 
Most low cost clinics do in heat and pregnant spays all the time.
I would let them know that there is a possibility though.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jun 7 8:52 pm

Dog Health > "Wingworms"?

Tippy

Barked: Sun May 25, '08 4:01am PST 
I delt with ringworm BIG TIME last year, I won't get into details but I had 5 dogs in my house with it and of course I had it too!
The blacklight is a good idea and the urine finder ones are perfect BUT not all ringworm will glow under a light.
There are different kinds (I found that out the hard way!)
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , May 26 2:47 pm

Dog Health > Strange Question-Cosmetic Surgery for Dogs

Tippy

Barked: Sat May 24, '08 6:53am PST 
I do rescue and we get a ton of puppymill dogs that have been bred almost to death.
Most have HUGE "nippies" but it does not bother them and it has never turned an adopter away.
They do tend to shrink a bit, I have had fosters for as long as one year and you would be surprised how the actual "nips" get smaller, sometimes it takes a long time though.
We have had dogs that had to have surgery to remove a breast or two due to lumps and even then it is a bit invasive.
I would not get it done, why put that sweet baby through a surgery like that just for looks?
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , May 24 7:58 pm

Dog Health > pregnancy
Tippy

Barked: Thu May 22, '08 4:18am PST 
Do you know how many she has? If you haven't already I would get an xray so you will have an idea of how many are coming.
When we get expecting mothers in our rescue we xray them ASAP for a few reasons, I do small breed rescue so most that come to us pregnant are chihuahuas and we want to make sure the pups are not to big for her to have.
Of course you should not have that problem but things can go wrong during birth and you will want to know if there is one still in there that she may not be able to have.
I really don't know about the merle thing.
I'm going to throw this out there and it's fine if you do not agree, but if she is not very far along you could go ahead and have her spayed now so you don't have to worry about defects and of course mom's health.
[notify]
» There has since been 31 posts. Last posting by , May 30 1:57 pm

(Page 1 of 115: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.