Postings by Max (In Loving Memory)'s Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Food & Nutrition > What brand of food do you buy and how often do you feed?
Handsome- Jake

I love mud- puddles!

Barked: Sat Jul 22, '06 3:02pm PST 
I eat Innova Large Breed Adult. I get 2 cups in the morning (but I actually save it and eat it for lunch! ) and about 1 1/2 cups in the evening.
[notify]
» There has since been 72 posts. Last posting by Indiana (Indy), Jan 22 8:37 am

Dog Health > chipped canine?
Max (In- Loving- Memory)

More bones- please!

Barked: Mon Feb 13, '06 9:12pm PST 
If it is only a little bit you should be OK. You may want to discourage him from chewing the fence somehow. I broke two lower canines (chewing rawhide at age 11) and had to have root canals on both! In case your wondering, it cost the same for a dog to have a root canal as it does for a human!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Diesel, Feb 15 7:58 am

Behavior & Training > Puppy biting

Handsome- Jake

I love mud- puddles!

Barked: Sat Feb 11, '06 11:38am PST 
Every time he bites, you should "yelp" loudly to let him know that it hurts you. If it happens when you are playing, immediately stop playing and turn away and ignore him or walk into the other room. If it occurs when you are not playing, (ankles) you may want to put him in a timeout in his crate (2 minutes). Be consistent, he will get the message.

Remember he is teething and will need lots of chew toys around.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Kaiser - My sweet boy is gone, Feb 13 12:20 pm

Dog Health > I need advice on health insurance

Handsome- Jake

I love mud- puddles!

Barked: Sat Feb 11, '06 7:24am PST 
I'm looking into insurance also. I've seen alot of positive opinions on PetCare (which is the same company that offers ShelterCare). From what I have read, they cover a percentage of the bill (up to the policy limit) as opposed to a set amount and don't have as many exclusions as some of the other companies. That was more in line with what I was looking for, but still somewhat expensive. You may want to check them out. (www.petcareinsurance.com)
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Lucy, Feb 12 7:06 am

Dog Health > Pet Insurance

Handsome- Jake

I love mud- puddles!

Barked: Sat Jan 28, '06 2:26pm PST 
I've heard that pet insurance only available for dogs under a certain age. Even if you've been paying since you were a pup, the coverage will end.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by bubbles, Jan 29 4:34 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > UPDATE ON BATMAN....
Handsome- Jake

I love mud- puddles!

Barked: Fri Jan 27, '06 8:31am PST 
Great news, I was worried about you!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by bubbles, Jan 30 10:56 am

Dog Health > So frustrating!!!

Max (In- Loving- Memory)

More bones- please!

Barked: Tue Jan 24, '06 5:45pm PST 
Since he is a mix breed, perhaps he should be a bit larger than 13 lbs? Sounds like an average weight for a male corgi, but I am no expert. Just a thought.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by ♥Tido♥, Jan 25 7:53 am

Behavior & Training > Puppy won't go for walk

Handsome- Jake

I love mud- puddles!

Barked: Tue Jan 24, '06 4:01pm PST 
My vet said no walks period, but your vet may not agree. I guess there is always a risk even if you do not encounter other dogs. The concern is that Bailey could come near where an unvaccinated dog has been, especially where it has gone potty. Dog's like to sniff that stuff.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Bodha Lei (Rainbow Bridge), Feb 1 7:31 pm

Behavior & Training > Puppy won't go for walk

Handsome- Jake

I love mud- puddles!

Barked: Tue Jan 24, '06 11:28am PST 
Since your only 8 weeks old, it may not be a good idea to go outside your backyard. My vet recommended that I should not go for a walk (outside of my yard) until a week after I have received my full compliment of puppy vaccines, usually complete by about 4 months of age. Without all of your shots you are not fully protected from diseases like Parvo should you come in contact with a dog who has not had all of their shots or a park where these dogs have been. It is OK to socialize with dogs you know have had their shots. While it was a challenge for mom and dad to do all of my excercise in the backyard, we did not go for a walk until I completed my shots to be on the safe side. You should check with you vet to see if they recommend the same in your area.
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Bodha Lei (Rainbow Bridge), Feb 1 7:31 pm

Behavior & Training > The World of Poops and Peeps
Handsome- Jake

I love mud- puddles!

Barked: Mon Jan 23, '06 9:22am PST 
I had the pee pee pad problem. I was indifferent whether I went inside on the pads or outside. My mom and dad started giving me a treat when I went outside. I obviously wanted the treat so that helped, but did not completely fix the problem. If they picked up the pad I just went where the pad used to be. Persistence is the key. It was like, all of the sudden, one day I figured out that mom and dad wanted me to go outside! No more pads, no more problems.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Emerson Von Wigglebottom, Jan 24 7:33 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.