Postings by Zoey's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 289: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Raw Food Diet > Beef Heart
Zoey

Zoom Zoom Zoom

Barked: Sat Jan 25, '14 7:36pm PST 
Okay so I feed Zoey Prey Model Raw, however even after almost 4 years of raw, she still REFUSES organs unless I blend them into her meat mixtures. I make her up cubes that have the meat and the organs. I have a ton of beef heart and would like to incoorporate it into her regular feedings, how much can I add without it causing problems? Keep in mind she only eats about 1 & 1/2oz per day. Is it something that in small amounts can be fed on a daily basis?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Kali, Feb 6 4:08 pm

Raw Food Diet > Feeding for Diabetes
Zoey

Zoom Zoom Zoom

Barked: Sun Jan 5, '14 10:11am PST 
Thank you for the information. I feel like my brain is fried. She was on steroids a lot when she was younger for various reasons, allergies etc, so I think that may have contributed to the diabetes, although she has been off of all meds except one for hydrocephalus since I switched her to raw. I have been looking at so much information about diabetes. Most everything is telling me high fiber diet...yeah not going down that route. My hubby is diabetic so we already have a test kit which will make things easier, she's just so darn tiny (4#) it's gonna make it hard to get blood out of her. But we shall give it our best shot. I can easily draw blood out of large breed dogs. I am going to have a full chemistry panel ran on her on Tuesday when I go back to work.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Zoey, Jan 5 10:11 am

Raw Food Diet > Feeding for Diabetes

Zoey

Zoom Zoom Zoom

Barked: Sat Jan 4, '14 9:46pm PST 
Any changes I should make in her diet? She's been on Prey Model Raw for 3 years. I don't have a firm diagnoses yet but want to make sure all my bases are covered. Right now she gets it balanced once a week with 2 out of 14 meals with bone in them. Then I make her mixtures of meat into ice cube shaped cubes that have her organ meat in them, she gets them twice a day. That is the ONLY way I can get her to eat organs is if she doesn't know they are in her meat lol. I also give her whole prey mice once a week. She gets varied meats of turkey, chicken, pork and beef, sometimes venison and bison.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Zoey, Jan 5 10:11 am

Dog Health > Diabetes

Zoey

Zoom Zoom Zoom

Barked: Sat Jan 4, '14 9:43pm PST 
Well I haven't been here for a long time, have had a very healthy pup. But now I may be dealing with Diabetes in my little Chihuahua Zoey. She just turned 8 years old in October. She has been drinking and peeing a lot, her appetite is always voracious (she's always been that way) and eats food like it's her last meal. She quit eating and hasn't eaten for 24 hours so I took her up to my dad (retired vet) and she has a throat infection. I had him do a glucose on her and it was 235 (normal is up to 120) and that is with her not eating for 24 hours. So we are going to recheck it tomorrow and see where it is. If it's still high then we'll have to put her on insulin and do a glucose curve at the vet I work for. She's on a Raw diet and has been for about 3 years. Any tips on dealing with diabetes?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Pharaoh (In Memory), Feb 26 8:15 am

Food & Nutrition > How Long to feed puppy food?

Zoey, Shellie & Griffin

Natural & Loving- it!

Barked: Wed Feb 6, '13 4:10pm PST 
My sister just got an Irish Wolfhound puppy. What age will she want to switch her off of Large Breed Puppy Food and onto adult food? Since they aren't mature till they are several years old does she wait until the pup is 2 years old to switch to adult food?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Bam-Bam, CGC, Feb 8 5:26 am

Puppy Place > DNA Testing?
Griffin

Whatever it was,- I didn't do it!

Barked: Mon Apr 16, '12 7:59pm PST 
So I am starting to think that Griffin may be part Brussels Griffon/Part Shih Tzu. What DNA Tests has anyone had done on their dog? Were you pleased with results? Did you feel they were accurate?
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Chance, Apr 17 1:09 am

Raw Food Diet > Fat vs. Muscular...

Zoey, Shellie & Griffin

Natural & Loving- it!

Barked: Sun Apr 8, '12 10:07am PST 
Definitely noticed a muscle change/enhancement in all of my dogs when we switched to raw.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Apr 8 10:07 am

Raw Food Diet > Tips on feeding a Gulper

Zoey, Shellie & Griffin

Natural & Loving- it!

Barked: Sun Apr 8, '12 10:05am PST 
Shellie was a huge gulper on kibble....for whatever reason on raw she is a very slow eater....Griffin on the other hand has choked a couple of times because he won't slow down, if I hold his food he gulps faster, if I feed frozer he gulps faster then screams cause it's cold.....he's a stinker pot. I just cut into chunks than he can't choke on and feed that way....only way to get him to slow down...he gulps it all then is upset when his meal is gone in 1/2 a second. Brat dog! I feed him some meals out of his kong but he has excellent slurping skills and usually has it gone in under a minute.....sometimes I think he's Ziva reincarnated LOL! She was the same way.
[notify]
» There has since been 21 posts. Last posting by Layla CGN, Apr 27 8:43 am

Dog Health > Vitamin E and Salmon Oil

Zoey, Shellie & Griffin

Natural & Loving- it!

Barked: Thu Mar 8, '12 8:37pm PST 
Personally I add the additional Vitamin E just to be on the safe side.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Conker, May 18 7:08 pm

Raw Food Diet > Anal Gland Help!
Zoey, Shellie & Griffin

Natural & Loving- it!

Barked: Tue Mar 6, '12 7:02pm PST 
I think at one point or another we were all in your shoes. I know I have worked for vets for 20+ years so raw food was a big NO NO for me.....but after I learned, read, and heard others experiences it's a big YES YES for me, and has been the BEST decision I have EVER made for my crew. Healthier, no anal glad issues, no more medications......such a nice change....oh and no more picky eaters!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Lucille, Mar 7 8:42 am

(Page 1 of 289: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.