Postings by Ziero - CGC, Rest in peace 11/'s Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 195: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Plus Power of the Paw > Please keep this family and their dog, Judge, in your thoughts
The Brew- City Pitties

We are Pitties,- hear us BARK!

Barked: Sat Apr 11, '09 7:31am PST 
Dog, Family Persevere After Devastating Fire

By PAT BATTLE and JOHN P. WISE

Updated 5:00 PM EDT, Fri, Apr 10, 2009
9 Comments Post a comment Post a Comment

As Judge recovers from his burns, he's inspiring the family that owns him as they try to move forward with their own recovery.

A local family whose home was destroyed in a fire is fighting to turn everything around, inspired by a pit bull named Judge.

The playful pooch suffered third-degree burns that covered 40 percent of his body; it's a miracle he survived at all.

"I didn't think he was alive when they dragged him out," said the dog's owner, Symone Negrini. "It was an hour and a half after the fire started, and I went running thinking I had to do canine CPR."

Judge is undergoing special treatments and will need expensive skin grafts. The town of Riverdale, N.J., has rallied around the family, whose nine other pets were killed in the fire. Neighbors have opened their homes to the Negrinis, who never once thought about putting Judge to sleep despite the medical bills.

"His soul is still with us, like he's not leaving," Saul Negrini said.

Added Fabrizio Negrini: "People don't realize that when you lose everything, this is all you have left. You do what you gotta do."

As Judge heals and the family recovers, the Negrinis are planning several fund-raisers to help defray the veterinary bills.

Anyone can contribute by mailing a check to the following location:

The Negrini Family Fire Fund
Lakeland Bank
28 Main Street
Bloomingdale, NJ 07403

First Published: Apr 10, 2009 3:47 PM
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by ♥ DarlaMae ♥, Apr 16 12:58 pm

Sports & Agility > I earned my FIRST LETTERS - CGC!!
Ziero - CGC, Rest in- peace 11/

I'm smarter than- your Honor- Student!

Barked: Mon Mar 2, '09 2:28pm PST 
Hey!

Congrats on your CGC! I just got mine 2 weeks ago!
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by MACH ADCH Lilliana TQX, Mar 4 9:54 pm

Plus Power of the Paw > POTP for my sis Daisy...again!

The Brew- City Pitties

Barked: Sun Feb 8, '09 5:21am PST 
If I remember correctly, Ivermectin is out of their system in a little more than 24 hours, but I would just give your Vet a call back to double check that.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Tucker - My Forever Smiley Boy, Feb 17 6:49 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > an awsome mayor

The Brew- City Pitties

Barked: Tue Jan 27, '09 10:32am PST 
As a follow up to that thread, there is a town hall meeting tonight at 7:00 p.m. to start going over the dangerous dog law that they are looking at.

Due to my work schedule, I won't be able to make it, but I will try to update tomorrow if possible.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Shadow NPC, MDM, Jan 28 1:18 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > Bad press and mistaken identity

The Brew- City Pitties

Barked: Sun Dec 21, '08 6:47am PST 
Just to clarify the comment that no Pit Bull is 107 lbs. This is actually not true... yes, the standard says they are not supposed to be that size, but the Dagger line and the Whopper line (both pulling lines) are generally over 100 lbs. when they are full grown.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Daddy, Dec 22 6:27 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > West Allis, WI just passed a Pit Bull/Bully breed ban yesterday!
The Brew- City Pitties

Barked: Fri Dec 12, '08 4:54pm PST 
FRIDAY, Dec. 12, 2008, 3:45 p.m.
By Mark Schaaf

New dog legislation coming Tuesday
Now that Mayor Dan Devine has vetoed the Common Council's outright ban on pit bulls, aldermen on Tuesday will review a proposed ordinance that instead puts tough restrictions on owners of "dangerous" dogs.

The council will meet at 7 p.m. at City Hall, 7525 W. Greenfield Ave., and residents will have an opportunity to comment on the measure at the beginning of the meeting.

The ordinance, proposed by Ald. Michael Czaplewski, is designed to target problem dogs rather than just singling out a particular breed. An ordinance passed by the council Dec. 2 that bans pit bulls in the city was vetoed by Devine on Thursday.

In his veto message to the council, Devine said the ordinance should be broader to include all dangerous dogs and not just pit bulls.

"While I agree with the intent of the pit bull ordinance, I feel a law that applies to all vicious dogs and not just one specific breed would better serve the residents of the city," he said.

According to the new ordinance:

Upon investigating, a humane or law enforcement officer can declare a dog to be "dangerous." A dangerous dog can include a a dog that has "an apparent attitude of attack," is trained to attack human intruders or a has inflicted harm on a person or domestic animal.

A dog's owner can appeal the "dangerous dog" determination to the Board of Health. If board upholds the determination, the dog's owner must register it with the Police Department and comply with several city-imposed restrictions.

A dangerous dog would not, for example, be allowed outdoors or out of its kennel without a muzzle device. In addition, a sign would have to be displayed on the owner's property saying a dangerous dog resides there and a microchip would have to be placed on the dog so it can be easily identified.

Violating the ordinance could cost a dog owner between $100 and $1,000.
[notify]
» There has since been 27 posts. Last posting by Argo, Dec 25 8:00 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > West Allis, WI just passed a Pit Bull/Bully breed ban yesterday!

The Brew- City Pitties

Barked: Thu Dec 11, '08 4:55pm PST 
Here is the link to the video:

http://www.cbs58.com/index.php?aid=5568&
[notify]
» There has since been 30 posts. Last posting by Argo, Dec 25 8:00 pm

The Brew- City Pitties

Barked: Thu Dec 11, '08 3:07pm PST 
Wow!

That interview was pawesome! It was actually the first story on the news tonight!
[notify]
» There has since been 32 posts. Last posting by Argo, Dec 25 8:00 pm

The Brew- City Pitties

Barked: Thu Dec 11, '08 1:06pm PST 
Zelda,

The mayor actually called my friend Todd Thurber and has asked him to help with a DDO.

Todd was also interviewed by CBS today, so watch the 5:00 report to see if still gets aired now that this new news has come about.
[notify]
» There has since been 37 posts. Last posting by Argo, Dec 25 8:00 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > Pit Bull left to freeze in Sheboygan
The Brew- City Pitties

Barked: Thu Dec 11, '08 5:12am PST 
Man Charged In Dog Mistreatment In Sheboygan

Last Edited: Thursday, 11 Dec 2008, 5:17 AM CST
Created: Thursday, 11 Dec 2008, 5:17 AM CST
SideBar

Related Items
Stories
Sheboygan Dog Owner Accused of Animal Abuse

SHEBOYGAN, Wis. -- A Sheboygan man faces charges alleging that he abandoned an emaciated pit bull in an alley during this week's snowstorm.

Police say 29-year-old Chouncey Love left the sickly dog tied to a stake in the alley Tuesday, but a nearby resident saw it and called authorities.

Police reported the dog had frostbite, but the manager of the shelter where it's being treated said the injuries are believed to be pressure sores from being confined in a small area.

The dog is reported to be recovering well.

A criminal complaint says Love told police the dog belongs to a friend he hadn't seen for a month, and he left the dog hoping someone would rescue it.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Shadow NPC, MDM, Dec 11 9:53 am

(Page 1 of 195: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.