Postings by Tessa Sue~*In loving memory*~'s Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 177: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Raw Food Diet > Trachea
Tessa- Sue~*In- loving- memory*~

Gone. But the- ledgend lives on

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 5:02pm PST 
I have fed quite a bit of trachea since it comes attached to the scrap deer necks and roadkill deer I pick up. I've found it is amazing at cleaning teeth up.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Maxwell, Jan 21 5:13 pm

Raw Food Diet > chicken feet

Barked: Mon Oct 22, '12 10:45am PST 
Dogs don't always poop at the same time, or even daily for that matter.

And throwing up happens sometimes. It is no big deal. They will also throw up if they have an empty stomach.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Maxwell, Oct 22 4:55 pm

Raw Food Diet > Stag Bar - Deer Antlers for dogs to chew on! Awesome or what!?

Barked: Tue Oct 16, '12 8:06am PST 
They don't go bad. I have some that have been hanging around for about 4 years. They get lost and refound under the couch, bed, etc.

Don't worry about germs.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Ember FDX, Oct 25 8:05 am

Raw Food Diet > Stag Bar - Deer Antlers for dogs to chew on! Awesome or what!?

Barked: Fri Oct 12, '12 9:54am PST 
I have been giving my dogs deer antler for years. Most of it has come from meat packing places. They really enjoy it.

Some dogs are trained to find antlers in the woods. The deer shed their antlers sometime between january and april.

Depending on the shape of the antler and the size they may need to be cut with a hack saw. If they are long enough and curved enough it could potentially poke the dogs eye.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Ember FDX, Oct 25 8:05 am

Raw Food Diet > Not about dogs, but anyone raw feed a ferret before

Barked: Fri Sep 28, '12 7:29pm PST 
My crew isn't currently 100% litter trained so I don't keep bedding in all the pans. I just have a "nest" box with fabric in them.

Something that has worked in the past prior to my rescue of a horribly abused girl (the one who isn't totally box trained) was getting woven floor mats at the dollar store. That way you can shake it out outside and get all the little pieces of bone, fur and feathers off and wash when needed. The mats can be placed over your normal bedding or in a specific place where they prefer to eat, such as a corner.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Brody, Sep 29 11:03 am

Barked: Fri Sep 28, '12 5:06pm PST 
I have had a total of 6 ferrets. Only 1 was hard to switch. A couple may have took some time to go from ground to meat chunks but for the most part everyone took to it like fish to water.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Brody, Sep 29 11:03 am

Barked: Fri Sep 28, '12 10:49am PST 
You can get them online but I raised my own quail for a while. It is very easy as well. I have fed chicks too thinking Those came from farmers locally. When they had any die I got them. I also got ducklings that way.

I even fed the ferrets any partially developed quail and duck eggs that ended up dying in my incubator before they hatched.

Come to think of it I may have even tried to feed them snake. It was a baby rat snake that someone killed because they thought it was a rattle snake cry

Ferrets can and will really eat just about anything. When friends butcher chickens that save me the heads, feet and innards. I always pick out the organs and gizzards for the ferrets.

It is fun watching them with small rabbits or other things close to their size. Crazy to think that something so small has all that power
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Brody, Sep 29 11:03 am

Barked: Thu Sep 27, '12 7:50pm PST 
I have 4 ferrets which are raw fed. Whole prey that I have fed include mice, rats, rabbits (pinkies and 1 pound or smaller furred babies), fetal goat, piglets, squirrel, quail and small chickens that have been partially plucked. I have also fed meat from deer, cow, beaver, ground hog, goat, pig, lamb/mutton, fish, rabbit and possibly some other things which I cannot think of.

Most people feed a diet heavier in bone and feed as much as the ferrets will eat.

I used to be a ferret raw feeding mentor but no longer have the time or patience for it. Here is the website though
http://holisticferret60.proboards.com/index.cgi?
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Brody, Sep 29 11:03 am

Raw Food Diet > Cooked fish bones

Barked: Thu Sep 27, '12 1:44pm PST 
You could always simmer it for an hour or so until the bones are mush. Or pressure cook it.. Or even stick it in a slow cooker for the day so you don't have to worry about bones. It'll all be mush
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tessa Sue~*In loving memory*~, Sep 27 1:44 pm

Raw Food Diet > At e-vet, just had surgery, should I try to bring her raw food?

Barked: Wed Aug 29, '12 2:14pm PST 
Try the patties.

Shes used to it, it is more mild than kibble and the bone should help prevent splarts.

They should be willing to feed it.. Especially since you've let them know about her allergies.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Bianca CGC TT HIC Thd ♥, Aug 30 1:28 pm

(Page 1 of 177: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.