Postings by Josie *Forever in Our Hearts* 's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 32: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Choosing the Right Dog > I heard female Boston Terriers are not cuddly?
Maggie

im a squeaker

Barked: Fri Jun 6, '14 6:47am PST 
I dont know much about the cuddle ability of Bostons but I do believe that it depends on the dog. Out of my dachshunds (1 female, 2 males) the girl is the most attention seeking one! Just look at her page, you can tell she cannot stay away (she is kinda a pain because she always wants to be with you)!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Maggie, Jun 6 6:47 am

Behavior & Training > GOOD OR BAD IDEA?!?!? Small and Large Breed Living Together?
Maggie

im a squeaker

Barked: Fri Jun 6, '14 6:44am PST 
I have 3 mini dachshunds (ranging from 7 to 10 lbs), a Border collie x (35 lbs), a Golden (55 lbs) and a new English Foxhound puppy who at 4 months already weighs 50 lbs. We leave 1 doxie, the golden, and the BC mix together when we are not home and have never had a problem. It is all about you teaching them the boundaries, my doxies will stand up to the larger dogs and will let them know when things are getting to rough but you have to be their to enforce it until the larger dog realizes that their are different ways to play with different dogs.

For example, when the foxhound and golden play they go hard...throwing each other around and grabbing at each other. However when the foxhound plays with the doxies he is much gentler, usually just laying on the ground and pawing at them while the doxies run around him like crazy dogs. He has already started laying down to greet smaller dogs. The foxhound has picked up on the differences between large dog and small dog play very quickly.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jul 28 10:09 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Are there many rescues that would allow you to foster with an intact dog in the home?

Milo

My love is worth- your time

Barked: Tue Apr 29, '14 4:27pm PST 
Glad you found two that are willing to work with you and your future show dog
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Milo, Apr 29 4:27 pm

Puppy Place > Puppy update

Wiggles BN

wiggles is my- name ,digging is- my game

Barked: Tue Apr 29, '14 4:26pm PST 
I am so glad she fits in so well!!

Our little boy is doing pretty well on house training also, it is so much easier when you have a dog that is already reliable. Cash just follows Star and Wiggles out every time they go out which makes house training a breeze.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , May 15 12:45 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Is it true that Bernese Mountain dog breeders destroy all but 3 pups each litter

Star BN RN- RA

IM too CUTE

Barked: Tue Apr 29, '14 4:24pm PST 
I know people can come up with crazy things.

Anytime anyone asks me anything like this I always say to look at berner guarde. It is such a great resource and you can look up anything on a dog (titles, health issues, certifications, etc) I wish all breeds had a database like berner guarde.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Star BN RN RA, Apr 29 4:24 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Is it true that Bernese Mountain dog breeders destroy all but 3 pups each litter
Star BN RN- RA

IM too CUTE

Barked: Tue Apr 29, '14 7:21am PST 
Absolutely not!!

I know many people who show and breed these dogs and they can have large litters (although they can also have very small litters) but they never destroy any and are devastated if one dies. I currently know of a litter that only had 3 puppies (the bitch was extremely hard to breed) and another who had 11. If you want more proof you can go to http://bernergarde.org/db/ this is a database where all reputable BMD breeders enter information on the dogs and litters (it is a great resource)
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Star BN RN RA, Apr 29 4:24 pm

Puppy Place > Puppy update

Wee- Beginnings- Ring of Fire

Barked: Mon Apr 28, '14 5:47pm PST 
Glad you are having fun with your new puppy and I am so happy to hear that Lupi loves her!! She sounds very smart! I am so happy that everything is going well!

PS this is Wiggles but my mom wanted to post as the new puppy that we recently got.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , May 15 12:45 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Are there many rescues that would allow you to foster with an intact dog in the home?

Milo

Barked: Mon Apr 28, '14 5:40pm PST 
Milo is from a breed specific (dachshund) rescue and was in a foster home with 2 intact females who were being shown. One of my friends also fosters for a different breed specific (Bernese mountain dogs) rescue and she has 5 intact (4 females and a male) who she shows. I know there are ones out there who are fine with it, most are national rescues or ones through the breed club.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Milo, Apr 29 4:27 pm

Milo

Barked: Mon Apr 28, '14 4:32pm PST 
Most breed specific rescues will foster and even adopt to someone with intact dogs so long as they are actively showing the dog or have a valid medical reason for the dog to be intact.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Milo, Apr 29 4:27 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > I Need Pictures!
Star BN RN- RA

IM too CUTE

Barked: Sat Apr 19, '14 5:18pm PST 
Sorry for the late response...We got a puppy so things are a little crazy!

Anyway, if you want to use any pictures from any of my dogs or cats pages feel free!
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Clyde, May 4 7:10 pm

(Page 1 of 32: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.