Postings by Sarge's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 445: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Party Time & Virtual Play Dates > The Mitey Mitey Buh-ens Party!
Sarge

Loving

Barked: Tue Jan 27, '15 3:59am PST 
kissingflowerskissingflowers Happy Anniverary, Flickamom and Jay flowersflowerskissingkissingflowers How many years now? You will be a great help to the neighbors at this time. Too many don't want to reach to others in need.

Anniemom, how is your earache - and your crown appt. soon. You haven't mentioned eating anywhere lately and how is your son?

Spiritdad, I have heard that of apple cidar vinegar, and cinnamon. So many things that are helpful and right in your kitchen. The snakes would sort of spook me out but if they keep the bad ones away, then worth it. I had snakes and things at camp, and never bothered me. Mom was nurse there, 2 months we stayed, horse riding camp.

What I also enjoy from the gym is the endorphins - I feel better, especially if I am stressed over something. Also the social aspect. It is me who has to be careful not to over do - lots of older people there. Was talking to a friend at the book sale, she is a huge supporter of the Senior Center, many programs there and she said you can eat lunch, if you want. Nominal charge for it. Maybe worth a look. I will see about the running, seems I am slowing down, there is something called exercise induced as.ma - and I have an inhaler now. Smoking all those years did me no favors. But can't get over 2 miles now. We will see.

Snow snow, glad that the storm was not quite as bad they expected, but still they are not prepared to deal with lots of it. My friends, the JetBlue (now retired FA) is moving to OBX, bought a house, her daughter and family are there and her son is in Cheasapeake with family. She has been on LI for 40 years.

Hope all have a good day - planning a little outing to the Walden Galleria mall today, just to see the new spring things - tired of winter heavy stuff already.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 9:38 am

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Mon Jan 26, '15 5:35am PST 
Morning all, watched the SAG awards last night - the Red Carpet is fun to see what they have on! I am easily amused big laugh Never bothered with this until last year, and it is entertaining. Will watch the whole Academy Awards show, as it is just watching the Red Carpet interviews on these other ones. The speeches are long and boring usually. I will say that Meryl Streep is a lovely and classy lady who does dress her age. Reese Witherspoon also is a lady, and dresses as such, too.

The east is in for a blizzard - a big one! We are heading to January 28th - the Blizzard of '77 anniversary. I am in a group for that and Erno Rossi, who wrote White Death, about the storm on Canada and US sides, is always interesting to see the pictures and read parts of it each year. Many would never believe that people were walking on the roofs of cars and not even knowing they were there and it came up so quickly - no notice, no way to avoid it - unless you were home from work, as it was a Friday. I wrote my little experience in the group as it still is in my mind that I was a part of that and survived.

Anyhow, Anniemom, how nice that Hannah played with her friend! It is like the Paw Park, to see the dogs interact together. Glad that your ear is doing better, too. Glad your appointment is coming this week to start the crownwork.

Flickamom, hard to imagine the heat and extreme conditions that you have there, when coming from our soggy part of the US. We have problems with such a short season here, by the time things grow, it is time to put all away, that is what is sad about being so North. I think that Ron has a longer growing season, plus as I recall, takes time to make the grounds really perfect for growing. And is a good cook! Tom does fertilize but we don't do much real feeding of the soil for good solid plants. Funny yard, it sits crosswise on the lot, so we get weird sun and shade and no real place to put things, plus huge stand of pines along the back.

Spiritdad, so glad you can share what you grow, I always take whatever anyone wants to pass on to me. There is a girl in the running group - she always had extra produce. I do exercise for cholestrol ratings, which are high - even with medication and also I tend to gain weight extremely easily. It doesn't take much, and as I enjoy eating - I have to offset that with some exercise or will blow up like I did some years ago - huge. Not healthy for me. As I have no knowledge of my med background, this seems to work, plus having the routine testings that are so much fun - happy dance! I actually don't look younger, as my wrinkles are earned! And I am bad about wearing sunscreen, even here in Buffalo, it matters. Have a Derm appt. next month for some pre-C stuff.

Talked to Aunt Jo, she is doing pretty well, we want to get a Mall Date soon, she is housebound and with holidays and illness, couldn't get out when we had planned to in December.

Hugs big hug to all and wave to Maiyah
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 9:38 am

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Sat Jan 24, '15 2:25pm PST 
sheet of ice here - went to my meeting near Rob's and didn't stop after as it is horrible driving. That black ice is the worst. We enjoyed our meeting been since the restaurant that we got together so was nice to have hot cocoa and baked goods and talk.

Wonderful buy on the seeds - that's when to grab them up. I try to get a few of my favorites at the end of the year, but seedlings don't work well for me - Except the Chinese Lanterns - Finally - they were going crazy and must have been in the right spot. Been trying for years.

Sorry about your earache, Anniemom, it isen't your tooth is it? I was working at the Library Book Sale, I try to do one shift for them each sale and there are 4 a year. It is fun and I always get a book myself. They are in beautiful condition, people take care of their books that they donate. Some love to chat as they are checking out, too, which is a nice thing.

So no SpiritDad today, hope his eyes are doing ok. I found Etsy shop, but not alot of native jewelry. I think he is doing that as well, he wrote.

wave to Maiyah - miss hearing from you here at Buhens.

I didn't really know Squirt and Chloe but I remember seeing those sea pictures on their page. Run free, many friends are there to hold you close.

Sarge has appt. for nails and rabies shot on Wednesday, still has to get that but no other ones. He didn't go to the Paw Park today, it was icey and colg, I'll take him tomorrow if it's better.

Got C & T to the airport at 4:45 AM - and then to my Zumba class - they are enjoying Cancun sun about now - and I had a great class. The guy is amazing -
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 9:38 am

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Fri Jan 23, '15 4:20am PST 
Anniemom, we did belong to a group with Chloe and Squirt - do you have a Dogster number for Chloe? Looked through our friends and didn't see them. I remember that Lucy, a beautiful Golden, ran the group that we belonged to. And Hendrix.

Spiritdad - are you on Etsy? Is your website the Eggman Farmhouse, I have a bad memory for things and delete so much and then can't find what I want. Tom has a start of MD - he is on a capsule, and will be checked to see if it is moving quickly.

Flickamom, hope you are feeling ok - I really did myself in at the gym, I know, but it was so long since I worked on the machines. Today is the Library work day - and tomorrow early taking T * C to the airport and then the Empty Leash at 1-3.

snoopy
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 9:38 am

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Thu Jan 22, '15 1:32pm PST 
SpiritDad, how nice to have a large garden, I would love that. There are many places that sell here, farmer's markets and it just tastes better. And that you pickle things and have them when it is cold out. Son puts in a nice garden and berry bushes and things around the house. He really is a homebody. My mother and dad would might vegetables in with the flowers, and always took care of their yards, they prided themselves on having a nice yard. How wonderful your wife found her diamond. Sounds very peaceful there. I think your Memorial Egg would sell very well.

I remember winning one of your eggs and also I bought one and you have jewelry too, which is lovely. Native American is soothing. Son brought me a fetish jade turtle on a thong necklace his last trip and also silver and tourquoise dangle earrings.

Anniemom, sorry that your dentist has the flu and you were set to go with your crowns. Tom had stiches out, the flap covering the area will be checked in 2 weeks and is all is well, a few more months of healing before they do any permanent work. I walked Abby and she didn't want to go far, and I was set to walk.

Let the dogs out - C is coming home tonight from her work trip. Tom came for dinner last night chicken, red potatoes, green beans, fruit and salad. And he took some for work.

Flickamom, it is definately an on going thing to keep all in order at your place and with your weather, I think more growing season than we have here. All is frozen in ice now, so nothing can be done.

Tomorrow I will work at the Library Book Sale 1-4 and we got the Hospice Flower Sale info. today, that's first week in March. Here we go the year will start flying by. flowers

I think I remember Chloe - we were active in some Golden's groups and then as things got confusing, didn't keep up. Sad. Our neighbors the 2 police, had to put their police dog down yesterday, Max. Poor guy, his back legs just didn't work, he was a big dog, from Germany, I called to see how to gift a memorial to them for Max through the police. Got a card and one of those little willow figures holding a dog, a small one. Kelly told Tom it would be hard on Todd as they worked together many years and of course, lived as their family dog. He liked Abby. Seems I wrote this, well, I am senile I think.

See all in the morning, a good night to big hug and Hi to Maiyah. wave
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 9:38 am

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Wed Jan 21, '15 4:17am PST 
morning all - so nice to see SpiritDad! Anniemom, my eye doctor said that I would be glad when my cataract is removed as I will see better. Unfortunately it is too small, but looking forward to that as my vision is terrible. Only have 1, which won't help much! Good luck with the crowns, will be nice to have them started. Tom has his stitch.es removed tomorrow morning if they are ready. I think they wait a number of months before doing any implants though.

Flickamom, dental cleaning and groceries, your errand day. I am guessing you are enjoying your beautiful ring! Have you started going to the neighbor's again, are they over the flu?

Our dinner was so good and the show was wonderful - Motown, and you would think it was the real groups that were up there. 7:30 - 10:15 with a 15 minute intermission, so got alot of enjoyment. SHeas was full, first night for the show. Dinner is the type of place we would love to be able to afford to go, but it was a treat and thanks to the kids for the gift to us of dinner/show.

Tom is going to come for dinner, marinated chicken, red potatoes, green beans, salad and cut up fruit. We all like plain food and also enough to take some to work the next day. Asked Rob, who may come out if the roads are clear.

Abby has a little something with her eye, I have to get med.s for Sarge and will ask if I can use what I have on hand for it. The last time was from the Lake at Lab club when it had the algae.
[notify]
» There has since been 26 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 9:38 am

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Mon Jan 19, '15 10:43am PST 
Hope your eyes are better today, SpiritDad, Tom found he has the beginning of MD and takes some vitamen for it. Thought it was his new glasses that were not correct as they were blurred in the one eye. Or a cataract. So he returns in about 2 months for another look how fast things are moving. They moved quickly from his new glasses until November when he noticed it.

Flickamom, I remember that when you lost it, you also were wondering (or I thought) at one the stores you were at - so annoying and especially something sentimental. You have a lovely ring and it is beautiful next to your wedding band, the gold and the red are stunning.

My implant was fine - see him in a year unless other problems. You go on Thursday, Anniemom for your 2 crowns - will they start working in them that day
or just 1

Have to check on the doggies at T & C's until Thursday, she is OOT on business - he is working home today. Tomorrow is our Christmas gift from all, the dinner at the Chop House and Motown Production at Sheas, looking forward to it. I'll have Rob and Tom over Wed. for dinner, unless weather is bad and Rob won't come out this far.

Gym at 3 - I feel like a blimp today, ate too much yesterday and today. Tom can eat all he wants and never an ounce. He went to his mother's and came home with some old pictures, they are fun to go through. And some clothes, either for the shelter or if someone can use them, jogging pants.

Anniemom, I actually saw they had the capri leggings out at Steinmart yesterday - very flattering on me, with the long top, and I think the style is here to stay, every line has them and tops to go over.
[notify]
» There has since been 31 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 9:38 am

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Mon Jan 19, '15 2:32am PST 
Thanks Flickamom, but I think I would need help as I don't have Photobucket a/c - will have to fool with that a bit. Used to post on Sarge page before and maybe the pictures are ok and I can do it again. I haven't taken any pics of the kitchen floor yet, as it is, only a little in a picture of us going out. Wish I was more tech savvy, couldn't get my Firefox to work last night, Tom fixed that.

Spiritdad, you had a wonderful life with Takoda and thankfully took him for the check up instead of assuming it was arthritus. Spirit is beautiful and was sent from Takoda as our angels pick the perfect one for our family. It was heartbreaking to let Rocky go, and second guessed a long while, but he was in pain and cancer is a terrible life. Would love to hear the story of the diamond! I lost a diamond years ago, never did find it, was in a chair, I am pretty sure. Now, I would have taken the chair apart.

Anniemom, how is your son doing and the girls are off of school today for MLK. I think that tall people sometimes have back issues as they age. My dad did too. The mattress and chairs were not as accomdating as they are now for different things.

Have my dds this morning, then gym later on. Sorry to hear of DarlaMae and the health problems, miss them, and send good thoughts to their family. hug

Flickamom, was your bracelet a gold chain? You lost it outside? I remember something about looking in the stores, I think Target, for it. It was nice that the ring fit and didn't need to be sized. I have big fingers and always need that sizing done.
[notify]
» There has since been 34 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 9:38 am

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Sun Jan 18, '15 2:11pm PST 
Had to stop a minute. So after that, came home and Sarge didn't want to go for the outing and was getting dark. So we got ourselves set to watch a movie - first one-depressing, turned it off and the other one kind of silly but at least enjoyable. I had my hot cocoa and marshmellows, love that when I watch a movie in the winter. Tom is about 6' 2" or a bit more, he is very thin and his back has been bothering him. This recliner his his back in the right spot and his head to lay it back, some were shorter. We didn't want a monster one, wide - so this is nice. Again I wish I could remember how to post the pictures, maybe I can on one of the Sarge's spots, but my pictures have been not cooperating when I try and move them.

Today both went to the dog park and then Tom made sausage and peppers. I went to SteinMart, looking for those legging pants, and tried on a few pairs and none were right, then looked at 'tights' for my sweater dress, thought I bought a pair so didn't get them either. Stopped at the grocery for our list that I had, the shelves were picked clean with the foot ball games, I guess - last bag of pretzels and drumsticks that Tom likes.

Anniemom your dds is coming up soon - and Tom has his check up on Thursday. I have a check on the implant that was redone tomorrow at 9:00 AM. Can't believe this month is flying by.

Flickamom, so happy for your birthday remembrance and it is a very special day.

Sorry to hear about DM and no computer. I know I heard from them a year or so ago but it is hard and sure they are busy. wave to Maiyah and to Spirit wave
[notify]
» There has since been 37 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 9:38 am

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Sun Jan 18, '15 1:57pm PST 
partypartysnoopy Happy Birthday, Jay! partywishespartysnoopy Sorry to have missed yesterday, I wrote so early and never came back until now. And what a Wonderful story! And a Beautiful flowersbig hugflowers ring, it is perfect and goes so well on your finger with the wedding band - perfect! Very rich and elegant and just looks like you! I think rubies are gorgeous and with your coloring and hair color, it is lovely, just waiting for you! So your birthday is February 10, I have to write it down as I am an airhead this year more than ever before. How nice of the neighbors and the gift card, that is very generous and am sure that your care is very complete and kind, too.

Yesterday was a crazy day. Anniemom, the Zumba is pretty lively, I understand from the other ones who have taken his classes, he has a few a week - he is going 'easy' on us as this is a new class to take place of the cardio that the girl left a few weeks back. He is very talented and fun to watch and gives great cues, tapping his leg or pointing, but like it's all part of the dance. And we have a good cool down at the end. So before that, I was doing my treadmill and put incline on it, that is a workout too. So got home and decided to go to Rob's to visit - I had dropped off the shepherd's pie on Friday but he was at the gym and we didn't see him.
[notify]
» There has since been 38 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 9:38 am

(Page 1 of 445: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.