Postings by Sarge's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 445: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Party Time & Virtual Play Dates > The Mitey Mitey Buh-ens Party!
Sarge

Loving

Barked: Sun Feb 1, '15 6:09am PST 
going to dog park - alot warmer - hehe! than yesterday! Going to go later as Abby's friends don't get there before 11:30.

Super Bowl - have our snacks, I even have some roasted peanuts.

Tom went and got C & T last night, baggage was late so home about 11:45 - plus he had sno-blowed the drive 2 times last week. They had planned to take cab or have us take car out and leave - but Tom said he would get them.

We are getting snow starting from the Midwest towards here around 5 - so won't have Rob come out tonight, plus he may have friends at his place, too. C & T will probably have her brother and his son as her parents are OOT and they really love that little boy and haven't seen him. She said she missed the dogs as was gone on a week's business trip the week before they went away.

Hannamom, hope your dental work feels better today, that's hard working in the back of the mouth. I saw 3 dogs/cats that passed yesterday on FB this morning, all were not expected.

Finally got the Shutterfly to accept my password - I have an a/c too and it was confusing things, and could not post any comments.

Off to get a few things and put the stuff in the car.

Does your son watch Super Bowl, Hannamom?

Can't believe it is already Feb. 1st
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Hanna Belle, Today 7:41 am

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Sat Jan 31, '15 12:55pm PST 
Hi all, Anniemom, great news for the Dentist and only 1 crown! way to go Glad Jim has card.io appt. on Monday. BP, guess that can be a tricky thing, a/c to my friend, whose is just not regulated yet. Love Hanna Belle's Valentine picture, such a beautiful girl! big hug

Flickamom, at least you have a log of what they want to see and can go from there. Have never had the laughing stuff only something that put me out when 4 wisdom teeth were removed. Dentist said it was a short time, seemed like hours.

Cold here - gym early and then to Dog Park (short time) Sarge went about 5 minutes and sat w/ me in warm car. Tom and Abby about 15 minutes. It is just not fun with these temps, but does get some of the energy out of the system. The huskies are loving it. Abby is not a fan of the dog park for a long period of time, she loves the swimming in the summer, though.

Have to feed T * C's doggies tonight, Tom will get them at 10:30 PM at airport, instead of leaving their car there. All day to get from here to there, not worth the time to me anymore, I get worn out and then sick the next day.

Hope Spirit Dad is enjoying his visit with family and safe trip home.

Got some Naan bread to make pizzas for tomorrow night and we have half a bag of shrimp in freezer, chips. I enjoy the commercials, some of them anyhow. Not into this game like the others with the ball situation, that sort of ruined it, I think.

Hope all is well with everyone, how is son doing, Anniemom?
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Hanna Belle, Today 7:41 am

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Fri Jan 30, '15 3:07am PST 
Safe trip to your family, SpiritDad hug enjoy your time there! puppy

Anniemom, hope your dentist appt. was a good one. Wanted to get on last night and didn't make it. Did they start the crowns?

Flickamom, hoping you are feeling better and when do you take your chart to the doctor?

Went to Eastern Pearl yesterday and then stopped at Aunt Jo's - Tom called and straighted out a check she didn't receive and fixed her new shoes so they fit her, too tight. She is a football fan and will watch the Super Bowl.

Doggies will be happy to see C & T - Will be home Sat. - taking the car to the airport for them.

Errands today - and getting Valentine's in mail for long-distance elderly folks we send to. kissing
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Hanna Belle, Today 7:41 am

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Wed Jan 28, '15 10:29am PST 
Anniemom - 80 degrees! We are lucky to get that in the summer! When is your dds appt? Hope son gets back on a schedule so you all can go and eat out once in a while. How is son and the girls?

Flickamom - glad you could help your neighbor, a blessing to them. When you cannot have someone to give you a hand it is truly a gift to find that special person to help out. Glad the cataracts are out but imagine an appt. or so to follow up.

Been busy here too, and Ron that sounds good to add the apple cidar and cinnimon right in your food. I have to try it. Made a nice meatloaf today and didn't have fresh vegetables bought and thought of your garden, might sneak a few things out!

Sarge had a good vet visit, a rabies shot and clean his an.al and cut nails. Back on the skin meds though as it is starting up again a little. Took him off when it was looking good. He is on other things, and hate to load him up but he does neet the skin conditioning too.

Very cold here, today is my gym day - still checking the dogs 2 times a day, Tom went this morning. The smallest Chi is afraid of men and runs and hides. So funny that C's uncle is staying there and she hides from him, but comes out when he watches tv.

We are going to Fugi Grill tomorrow for lunch, just something different. Next week is busy with dds cleaning, derm appt. to zap those spots again and lunch with sil - Fran's wife. Also Sheas on Friday night that I bought the tickets for gift to Tom for Christmas. Was funny the 'kids' bought us the tickets, too.

Super Bowl coming up, we'll watch here and pizza or some eggrolls. No clue who I want to win but not too thrilled with the football thing that happened.

Hugs

big hug to all
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Hanna Belle, Today 7:41 am

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Tue Jan 27, '15 3:59am PST 
kissingflowerskissingflowers Happy Anniverary, Flickamom and Jay flowersflowerskissingkissingflowers How many years now? You will be a great help to the neighbors at this time. Too many don't want to reach to others in need.

Anniemom, how is your earache - and your crown appt. soon. You haven't mentioned eating anywhere lately and how is your son?

Spiritdad, I have heard that of apple cidar vinegar, and cinnamon. So many things that are helpful and right in your kitchen. The snakes would sort of spook me out but if they keep the bad ones away, then worth it. I had snakes and things at camp, and never bothered me. Mom was nurse there, 2 months we stayed, horse riding camp.

What I also enjoy from the gym is the endorphins - I feel better, especially if I am stressed over something. Also the social aspect. It is me who has to be careful not to over do - lots of older people there. Was talking to a friend at the book sale, she is a huge supporter of the Senior Center, many programs there and she said you can eat lunch, if you want. Nominal charge for it. Maybe worth a look. I will see about the running, seems I am slowing down, there is something called exercise induced as.ma - and I have an inhaler now. Smoking all those years did me no favors. But can't get over 2 miles now. We will see.

Snow snow, glad that the storm was not quite as bad they expected, but still they are not prepared to deal with lots of it. My friends, the JetBlue (now retired FA) is moving to OBX, bought a house, her daughter and family are there and her son is in Cheasapeake with family. She has been on LI for 40 years.

Hope all have a good day - planning a little outing to the Walden Galleria mall today, just to see the new spring things - tired of winter heavy stuff already.
[notify]
» There has since been 21 posts. Last posting by Hanna Belle, Today 7:41 am

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Mon Jan 26, '15 5:35am PST 
Morning all, watched the SAG awards last night - the Red Carpet is fun to see what they have on! I am easily amused big laugh Never bothered with this until last year, and it is entertaining. Will watch the whole Academy Awards show, as it is just watching the Red Carpet interviews on these other ones. The speeches are long and boring usually. I will say that Meryl Streep is a lovely and classy lady who does dress her age. Reese Witherspoon also is a lady, and dresses as such, too.

The east is in for a blizzard - a big one! We are heading to January 28th - the Blizzard of '77 anniversary. I am in a group for that and Erno Rossi, who wrote White Death, about the storm on Canada and US sides, is always interesting to see the pictures and read parts of it each year. Many would never believe that people were walking on the roofs of cars and not even knowing they were there and it came up so quickly - no notice, no way to avoid it - unless you were home from work, as it was a Friday. I wrote my little experience in the group as it still is in my mind that I was a part of that and survived.

Anyhow, Anniemom, how nice that Hannah played with her friend! It is like the Paw Park, to see the dogs interact together. Glad that your ear is doing better, too. Glad your appointment is coming this week to start the crownwork.

Flickamom, hard to imagine the heat and extreme conditions that you have there, when coming from our soggy part of the US. We have problems with such a short season here, by the time things grow, it is time to put all away, that is what is sad about being so North. I think that Ron has a longer growing season, plus as I recall, takes time to make the grounds really perfect for growing. And is a good cook! Tom does fertilize but we don't do much real feeding of the soil for good solid plants. Funny yard, it sits crosswise on the lot, so we get weird sun and shade and no real place to put things, plus huge stand of pines along the back.

Spiritdad, so glad you can share what you grow, I always take whatever anyone wants to pass on to me. There is a girl in the running group - she always had extra produce. I do exercise for cholestrol ratings, which are high - even with medication and also I tend to gain weight extremely easily. It doesn't take much, and as I enjoy eating - I have to offset that with some exercise or will blow up like I did some years ago - huge. Not healthy for me. As I have no knowledge of my med background, this seems to work, plus having the routine testings that are so much fun - happy dance! I actually don't look younger, as my wrinkles are earned! And I am bad about wearing sunscreen, even here in Buffalo, it matters. Have a Derm appt. next month for some pre-C stuff.

Talked to Aunt Jo, she is doing pretty well, we want to get a Mall Date soon, she is housebound and with holidays and illness, couldn't get out when we had planned to in December.

Hugs big hug to all and wave to Maiyah
[notify]
» There has since been 25 posts. Last posting by Hanna Belle, Today 7:41 am

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Sat Jan 24, '15 2:25pm PST 
sheet of ice here - went to my meeting near Rob's and didn't stop after as it is horrible driving. That black ice is the worst. We enjoyed our meeting been since the restaurant that we got together so was nice to have hot cocoa and baked goods and talk.

Wonderful buy on the seeds - that's when to grab them up. I try to get a few of my favorites at the end of the year, but seedlings don't work well for me - Except the Chinese Lanterns - Finally - they were going crazy and must have been in the right spot. Been trying for years.

Sorry about your earache, Anniemom, it isen't your tooth is it? I was working at the Library Book Sale, I try to do one shift for them each sale and there are 4 a year. It is fun and I always get a book myself. They are in beautiful condition, people take care of their books that they donate. Some love to chat as they are checking out, too, which is a nice thing.

So no SpiritDad today, hope his eyes are doing ok. I found Etsy shop, but not alot of native jewelry. I think he is doing that as well, he wrote.

wave to Maiyah - miss hearing from you here at Buhens.

I didn't really know Squirt and Chloe but I remember seeing those sea pictures on their page. Run free, many friends are there to hold you close.

Sarge has appt. for nails and rabies shot on Wednesday, still has to get that but no other ones. He didn't go to the Paw Park today, it was icey and colg, I'll take him tomorrow if it's better.

Got C & T to the airport at 4:45 AM - and then to my Zumba class - they are enjoying Cancun sun about now - and I had a great class. The guy is amazing -
[notify]
» There has since been 30 posts. Last posting by Hanna Belle, Today 7:41 am

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Fri Jan 23, '15 4:20am PST 
Anniemom, we did belong to a group with Chloe and Squirt - do you have a Dogster number for Chloe? Looked through our friends and didn't see them. I remember that Lucy, a beautiful Golden, ran the group that we belonged to. And Hendrix.

Spiritdad - are you on Etsy? Is your website the Eggman Farmhouse, I have a bad memory for things and delete so much and then can't find what I want. Tom has a start of MD - he is on a capsule, and will be checked to see if it is moving quickly.

Flickamom, hope you are feeling ok - I really did myself in at the gym, I know, but it was so long since I worked on the machines. Today is the Library work day - and tomorrow early taking T * C to the airport and then the Empty Leash at 1-3.

snoopy
[notify]
» There has since been 34 posts. Last posting by Hanna Belle, Today 7:41 am

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Thu Jan 22, '15 1:32pm PST 
SpiritDad, how nice to have a large garden, I would love that. There are many places that sell here, farmer's markets and it just tastes better. And that you pickle things and have them when it is cold out. Son puts in a nice garden and berry bushes and things around the house. He really is a homebody. My mother and dad would might vegetables in with the flowers, and always took care of their yards, they prided themselves on having a nice yard. How wonderful your wife found her diamond. Sounds very peaceful there. I think your Memorial Egg would sell very well.

I remember winning one of your eggs and also I bought one and you have jewelry too, which is lovely. Native American is soothing. Son brought me a fetish jade turtle on a thong necklace his last trip and also silver and tourquoise dangle earrings.

Anniemom, sorry that your dentist has the flu and you were set to go with your crowns. Tom had stiches out, the flap covering the area will be checked in 2 weeks and is all is well, a few more months of healing before they do any permanent work. I walked Abby and she didn't want to go far, and I was set to walk.

Let the dogs out - C is coming home tonight from her work trip. Tom came for dinner last night chicken, red potatoes, green beans, fruit and salad. And he took some for work.

Flickamom, it is definately an on going thing to keep all in order at your place and with your weather, I think more growing season than we have here. All is frozen in ice now, so nothing can be done.

Tomorrow I will work at the Library Book Sale 1-4 and we got the Hospice Flower Sale info. today, that's first week in March. Here we go the year will start flying by. flowers

I think I remember Chloe - we were active in some Golden's groups and then as things got confusing, didn't keep up. Sad. Our neighbors the 2 police, had to put their police dog down yesterday, Max. Poor guy, his back legs just didn't work, he was a big dog, from Germany, I called to see how to gift a memorial to them for Max through the police. Got a card and one of those little willow figures holding a dog, a small one. Kelly told Tom it would be hard on Todd as they worked together many years and of course, lived as their family dog. He liked Abby. Seems I wrote this, well, I am senile I think.

See all in the morning, a good night to big hug and Hi to Maiyah. wave
[notify]
» There has since been 35 posts. Last posting by Hanna Belle, Today 7:41 am

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Wed Jan 21, '15 4:17am PST 
morning all - so nice to see SpiritDad! Anniemom, my eye doctor said that I would be glad when my cataract is removed as I will see better. Unfortunately it is too small, but looking forward to that as my vision is terrible. Only have 1, which won't help much! Good luck with the crowns, will be nice to have them started. Tom has his stitch.es removed tomorrow morning if they are ready. I think they wait a number of months before doing any implants though.

Flickamom, dental cleaning and groceries, your errand day. I am guessing you are enjoying your beautiful ring! Have you started going to the neighbor's again, are they over the flu?

Our dinner was so good and the show was wonderful - Motown, and you would think it was the real groups that were up there. 7:30 - 10:15 with a 15 minute intermission, so got alot of enjoyment. SHeas was full, first night for the show. Dinner is the type of place we would love to be able to afford to go, but it was a treat and thanks to the kids for the gift to us of dinner/show.

Tom is going to come for dinner, marinated chicken, red potatoes, green beans, salad and cut up fruit. We all like plain food and also enough to take some to work the next day. Asked Rob, who may come out if the roads are clear.

Abby has a little something with her eye, I have to get med.s for Sarge and will ask if I can use what I have on hand for it. The last time was from the Lake at Lab club when it had the algae.
[notify]
» There has since been 42 posts. Last posting by Hanna Belle, Today 7:41 am

(Page 1 of 445: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.