Postings by Sarge's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 440: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Party Time & Virtual Play Dates > The Mitey Mitey Buh-ens Party!
Sarge

Loving

Barked: Sat Nov 22, '14 3:53am PST 
Morning all - nice dinner, Rob was late, he had to dig out his car, thought it could go over the snow, but didn't work that way. But we had a nice meal and everyone took home leftovers. C & T brought Paula's donuts and I had cupcakes - we had fun with those and everyone took one or 2 home. -

You are right, I can make the stuffing anytime, and that is what I'll do when winter sets in for real, this was a real strange thing, too early for so much snow and problems.

Tom's appointment - he has the start of a condition that is aged eyes, and will take special vitamens and we will start adding more leafy greens to the meals - sees him in 4 months to see the progression. 2 issues with the cat.ract and the other - very extensive exam, though. Between his dds issues lately and the other they are watching at ECMC - it never seems to stop.

Anniemom, will be nice to enjoy Turkey Day with your family and hoping that son will have a good day. I talked to my dad's cousin-she will be moving to Houston to assisted living very soon from Alabama - did I already write this? Her son and wife live there and that is her only family. Her eyesight is not good - she is in her 80's but sounds so much younger. Uncle Frank still in the long term rehab - as is Fran - the snow kept him there. Frank will be 103 on Monday party
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Hanna Belle, Today 7:22 am

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Fri Nov 21, '14 3:25am PST 
Hi all, we are finally seeing the last of the snow - thanks for the wishes for everyone's safety. It was a very scary week, they ran the live local shows all day and night, and not the regular ones that are on. BJ's is a Wholesale Company, like a Sam's Club. I guess they are not in your area - very popular but most is in bulk. I bought a sleigh, reindeer there one year, so cute, still in the basement. Used to put in wrapped packages in the sleigh.

There were some that did not make it, either by shoveling or one or 2 in their cars on the roads and the snow overpowered all. One car was in the ditch and they didn't see it for a day when the emergency was patrolling. Very sad.

Tom has yet to see his mother - still driving bans and she has a hi-lifter coming in to remove the 5 feet of snow out of her driveway. $200.00 but no other way to get to her.

Tom's eye exam is today and we are meeting at Carrabbas for C's birthday as everyone is in a snow free (pretty much) area. Rob's gift to her didn't come but Buffalo has driving ban and they are backed up there and also for deliveries.

Your dinner sounds wonderful, Flickamom, and the stuffing, I think you sent me that recipe. I want to make it, but Fran is making the stuffing if he is able. He wants to do this. Still in the Rehab, only as the snow has them blocked and also at his house. Tom will do most of the cooking and I'll do deviled eggs and pumpkin pie. He is doing the roasted brussells sprouts and fresh mashed potatoes. We have 10 coming.

Glad your lunch was nice Anniemom and always good to get with dear friends. Would love to to and eat somewhere for Turkey Day, we did on Easter a year ago - very relaxing time and no mess.

So sad to read that Sully's friend, Dudley, has passed to the Rainbow Bridge rainbow they were good friends for a long while.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Hanna Belle, Today 7:22 am

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Thu Nov 20, '14 3:48am PST 
The snow keeps on coming, we had our turn yesterday and last night - not as bad as most - roofs are collapsing - and there is 5 feet in some areas with another 3 feet expected. No mail or any travel in those aress. SIL is housebound, cannot even get out the front door, snow is too high to snow blow - shovel is so heavy. We will probably put off C's bday dinner as Rob cannot get here safely and won't take chance with him. We went to get a few things yesterday, Tom wanted haircut - barber was short handed on staff so long wait. He'll go again today.

His eye appointment is tomorrow - just for an initial consultation.

Carpet cleaners will come on Monday, workers could not get to the store to work.

Tom's been working from home all week.

Enjoy your lunch Anniemom, I remember when you met with your friends before.

Flickamom, do you see the young man that came for a Thanksgiving at your house a year or so ago? I think we are in good shape here, Fran's wife making a desert and jello, he will make stuffing, if up to it. Still in the rehab. Her mother is coming and Tom's mother.

Got a call from my cousin last night - she lives in Alabama and actually was my dad's cousin. She is moving to Houston to be near her son and wife, has developed a debilitating eye condition, no driving. Will be selling her home soon.

Glad to hear from Maiyah - I think we are all pretty great doggies on the Mighty Buhens Group! We see the 2 goldens (the one that Abby was in Petsmart training with - Eillie) and her brother at the dog park every so often.

BJ's roof collapsed - in Hamburg - just on the news -
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Hanna Belle, Today 7:22 am

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Wed Nov 19, '14 3:23am PST 
My hair turned out good, just the T-bar for hilights and trim. Came out and Tom had been in and paid for it all, plus the tip! puppy Took a nap and then got dinner ready - Tom lives around the corner - in same development, his is the newer section. He worked from home and said got more done, probably will do same today. We have barely any snow - the areas - where Tom's mother and south of that - about 8 miles - have 5 feet and more coming. They said we are getting something today - we are North - they are South. It is the Lake Effect - winds can change and make it all different fast.

Supposed to have Chem Dry at 8 - 8:30 - not sure - there are driving bans all over. We bought the mattress from a place who has been in Buffalo forever - the Temperpedic and Sleep Number are supposed to be fabulous.

I remember about the pictures, was weird as I posted them on, the captions and all were there and then it went blank again.

Son and wife will work out what is best, sad to say the attorney's make out and not all have the money to go to see them. If they could work out something - at least with the holidays - that is fair to both. That would be good. Certainly dil knows having both holidays is not fair to him or the girls. Maybe her family is influencing her.

Flickamom hoping your back and ankle are coming along. Do you have your Turkey Day things bought? Tom is keeping the one turkey we bought and got a 24 lb. fresh turkey for T-Day, there are more coming than we first thought and some will want leftovers to take home. He said the frozen large ones were gone already. Hope that the eye doctor calls with a cancellation for him today for the cataract.
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by Hanna Belle, Today 7:22 am

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Tue Nov 18, '14 4:28am PST 
Thanks again for the wishes and nice messages for Rocky! He was a great old guy and sent us a sweet girl, Abby puppy. Nasty here, lots of snow in some areas, we have ice and Tom (son) called - working from home today. The beauty of computer work, doesn't matter where you are. We won't have to let out the dogs today. He will still come for dinner at 5:00 and chicken, green beans, potatoes.

How is your hairdresser doing, Anniemom? I am going today, unless they call, at 9:30 for a trim and a few highlights. Just around the corner from the house. Don't want it too blond and washed out looking so been letting it grow in since mid-August for the color contrast. Appt. at 9:30. Hoping that your son can find some resolve and agree, that if someone else is in charge of the visiting for holidays, is more fair. Even a social worker or someone to say what is right for the girls. I remember Fran had a terrible time with first wife, she would not relent on anything and kept the girls from seeing the grandparents. That's only hurting them.

Flickamom, hoping you can rest with your spine and give it a chance to feel better. Do you have a good mattress for your back? I was on one side with the 'hole' in the middle and what a difference to get something not hard, but firmer.

I can load pictures on my page, but cannot move them and the descriptions are missing and frames. So at least they are on there. Hayden is same day as Rocky, I had forgotten that.

Sarge is slowing up this past few days, not sure if the cold is getting to him, not that he's in it alot, or just his age. I think we should block the stairs and limit up and down for him, too. Supposed to have carpet cleaned - sure it is filthy from the dust from the floor being put in. The stairs and family room only. We hope to replace it after Spring. It gets alot of wear from out in the back yard and in - mud - terrible in the Spring.
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by Hanna Belle, Today 7:22 am

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Mon Nov 17, '14 3:00am PST 
Morning, Flickamom, I am sorry about your ankle and hope it is better. Spent 3 hours shoveling pea gravel at the work session yesterday - was a good time and nice people. Such an uplifting place. Glad that your mowing is over, Tom bought a snow blower - sold the old one off our front yard corner, one of the perks of a busy road.

C going OOT business 3 days, will let out dogs, Tom (son) coming for chicken/potatoes tomorrow night.

Implant is just a check up, this was after he re-did it. The associate really messed things up.

I agree that it should be fair to share the holidays, will son come to your house for the holidays? When Fran and first wife were going through this, she did much the same - took them on fancy trips and they wanted to be with her and her large family with other kids to play with. He couldn't compete with that, and it was sad. They still prefer the mother and family, but maybe that is true of some homes. We don't have any "excitement" here, and know that's why Tom (son) enjoys C's family with their trips together and the aunt and uncle who have beautiful place in MN on the lake - the psy. helps me to cope with that. Some things I cannot change, and finally see that, although it definately does hurt. Tom's sister and nephew used to do more things with the family - they have pools and would have picnics and whatever but have stopped that.

We are in for some snow this week and hope that Eye appt. isen't a problem. Want to know what is going on. Read that lens cat.arts on back are sometimes other things and this is a symtom. Too much on the Google not a good thing!

Well, our sweet Rocky is 16 angel years old - know he is with all the angel friends he has from Dogster. wishes

Bet you look great in the red sweater - I think with your blond hair. Can't wait to get mine cut/streaks tomorrow - it is past the point of looking nice.

Plans for our Empty Leash Christmas party - will have it at a pizza place with extra room - we used to go there years ago when first married, it is near Rob's house. Great food. Tom's police party is the following week. We are waiting to schedule the PoPs concert at Kleinhans til we know what is the schedule with his eye. Maybe he'll want to wait to do the procedure, but it grew pretty fast, so we'll see.

Fran's bp very low - hasen't had pt yet, the social worker is meeting with Joann today (wife) to see next step. Talked to Uncle Frank, his birthday is this week. I sent a Bean fleece to him, full zip which is easier to deal with. He loved the forest green color.
[notify]
» There has since been 24 posts. Last posting by Hanna Belle, Today 7:22 am

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Sun Nov 16, '14 3:15am PST 
glad the blo.od work was good and no changes - and Anniemom, I agree stress is not good. I thought as you get older, things level out - shrug and less to worry over. As long as we have support from friends - that helps alot. the psy. yesterday said same thing, sometimes you can't do anything about what happens but if you have network to talk to and they care, that is very important.
[notify]
» There has since been 27 posts. Last posting by Hanna Belle, Today 7:22 am

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Sun Nov 16, '14 3:10am PST 
thanks for all the hug I know we all have our own things to take care of. The cat.aract is behind his lens - the concern is that it grew since May. Guess we will know more on Wednesday, though. Went to the gym yesterday morning and hen to the bazaar at the rehab where Fran is. Tom sat and talked to him, I brought back a loaf of cinnamon bread and oatmeal cookies - Fran picked the cookies. He had 3 units of bl...ood and bp is very low, a concern as he fell 2 times. So the care is going on and that's all you can do. Have my shopping done and wrapped. Was obsessing over cards the other day and started writing at 5 AM and got done cheer We have a christmas party for empty leash in 2 weeks and Tom's police party on the 11th. went to the outlets the other day, just something to do and we heard that it had been redone and new stores. got a white and black lace sweater and red pants to wear to the party, things were alot less there than in the stores. I said this is my christmas gifts - don't buy more things, just get medical back on track. Health becomes more of a gift than anything else as you age. Poor Sarge eye looks gloppy, started back with the anti and he has been on the tear med for a month. a work session at dog park today - I'll go for a while. working keeps my mind busy. Hope the washer is fixed, Anniemom, and how is son and family? Flickamom, are you almost finished with mowing, Tom is done, mower is away and sno blower is out.
see implant dr. tomorrow for checkup and hair appt. on Tues been since august as was growing in the darker color before adding blonde. needs to be trimmed.
uncle frank still at the re. hab - if he can walk, he can go home. The sweater fleece we sent for his 103 b-day fit snoopy Courtney's bd this weekend - making cupcakes and will have them here.
[notify]
» There has since been 28 posts. Last posting by Hanna Belle, Today 7:22 am

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Fri Nov 14, '14 2:23am PST 
morning, I see the space, will try to do that with anything iffy. I think it is he fact that with the teeth being removed and now something to replace 2 bridges, and this cataract developed since May - just alot all at once and always at the Holidays. That is moreso the issue. Timing. I told him it will be ok and I have been going to the eye for years, I see the associate as he does surgery only.

A little snow here and very slippy. C. birthday next weekend have to wrap gift. Will make cupcakes and also go somewhere reasonable for dinner.

This year flown by - when do you get your results, Flickamom? I wash with the cool water usually, but hope washer is fixed soon.

Got our turkey and most of the 'fixings' - talked to AJ wish she could get out easily to come over. Will take her a plate as always. Talked to Uncle Frank's friend, he is discouraged but has 3 wonderful and faithful friends with him - they are blessings. Wants to go home - has to stand and walk a bit first.

Hate stress, seems the holidays bring all sorts of stuff. Fran was dia. nosed in Nov., Tom, too, and Fran's ex having the b. m. trans plant this month -
[notify]
» There has since been 33 posts. Last posting by Hanna Belle, Today 7:22 am

Rocky - 1997 - 2010

I love my- family!

Barked: Thu Nov 13, '14 3:11pm PST 
They have red checked my 2 posts - giving up here - Rob was Seattle visiting a friend - the ceilings were yellow - needed to be painted. Cold here too. Hope all was ok today, Flickamom - and Anniemom, that the washer is fixed soon. Tom had ok dental checkup - has to watchhis condition. Now today we find he has a cataract grown since May - will see Special on Wed. Never stops around here, he is a bit down.
[notify]
» There has since been 35 posts. Last posting by Hanna Belle, Today 7:22 am

(Page 1 of 440: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.