Postings by Sarge's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 435: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Party Time & Virtual Play Dates > The Mitey Mitey Buh-ens Party!
Sarge

Loving

Barked: Mon Sep 15, '14 8:51pm PST 
Hi all, just busy busy here. Tom and Tom (son) golfed yesterday morning and enjoyed that. We went to C & T's at 1 to watch the Bill's Home Game - they won cheer C's family was there and some of their friends - C & T's - that I hadn't seen in a long time. Sat. night we went to Fugi Grill and very nice. I think I wrote that already. Cupcakes are gone - Anniemom - took rest to their house yesterday. Went to the wake for the lady at the service desk yesterday, so so sad. They run a series of pictures and you can see how happy they were, she always had a smile. Her daughter was there 21 years old.

So today Sarge had his eye check, it is better but not healed, so another week of the meds and another recheck. Then we went to dog park, they are planting 3 trees - Maples - a lady donated $1000 at our anniversary party for a memorial for her dog and 2 of the trees are for others to use. Such a generous soul.

Off to running in a little while - Delaware Park tonight. Next Monday is a Yoga clinic. Tired out. Didn't have lunch with Joann today - made meatloaf, red potatoe and lima beans.

Used to be more straight flights - but they don't make money like these puddle jumper ones do - except the Buffalo to LV - that is still all one flight - I think shrug Since the claustrophia has set in, I can't think of a long one now.

Have a good night to all - where are the 'gang' - hope that someday others will join in again. kissing
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Wed 3:02 pm

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Sat Sep 13, '14 8:39pm PST 
Hi all, it is cool out there - rained alot and Tom and Tom to golf tomorrow, not sure if 'big' Tom will go, there are 2 others going as well. We shall see. Tom and friends play fast, unlike Tom's friends, so they could be done quickly. Not playing the game, I don't know, but big Tom said it is the wet grass that is not fun to play on and walk in when too early in the morning. He doesn't mind the cooler temps, though.

So, Rob's friends, the floor people, came over last night. They said they have a machine like a vaccume cleaner that will take up the majority of the dust. The first day is just the foyer and bath. Then the kitchen on day 2. We had thought of laminate over the tile, but it would be too high with the refrigerator that is just about touching the cabinets now. A piece of paper would just slide in the space now. It is a good thought, and we had hoped that would work. Still fooling with it.

Going to dinner at 5:30 and then back - will send cupcakes, Anniemom, if you think they will get there big laugh The package didn't make near as many as before, so must be less in the box.

Sarge has his eyedrops in every few hours, and I pray that this does the job. Evidentally an ulcer will go through the layers of the eye, if not treated. So glad we got in and I mentioned the eye discharge. It seemed to be getting better all week as I was using drops.

It's weird how fast things change, the weather, and just things in general. I don't know why Fran wouldn't go for another opinion and after 2 go rounds, definately. I am so sorry to hear of your hairdresser having the problem and will think of her on Monday. That test is definately worth it.

My "uncle Frank" is in the hospital, I don't know if I wrote that a large can rolled out of the car and scraped his leg to the bone, almost, and would not heal. His fault for having in the car not secure, but the heavy can was near the top of the bag, too. They don't have the reusable totes where he shops, in southern Illinois, according to what he told me. Maybe he doesn't see them as I thought all stores had them.

Flickamom you have to be so excited for your trip and getting ready! Will be coming along, we are middle of month already. Taking Aunt Jo for her birthday lunch next Wednesday. She couldn't go last Wed. (her only day w/o aides, PT) and today I had my plans. Your neighbor will miss your daily visit. big hug
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Wed 3:02 pm

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Fri Sep 12, '14 8:21pm PST 
Cold this morning, Tom golfed - it is ending soon. They are going later and the dew is gone more. I walked Abby and then took Sarge to the dog park, he was limping and that elbow thing. So I came home and called the vet, she had a cancellation and I took it. The limping is arthritus, nothing to need xray or lumps, but his eye that I have been putting in drops has an ulcer and he is on 4 different things for that so it will clear. We'll go back on Monday and see if things are getting better. So it is good that we went.

Hoping your bloodwork is good, Anniemom, and that the levels are all within range. Flickamom, how was your Chinese meal the other day? It makes the shopping a little easier.

I made cupcakes - the standard Cherry Chip I always make - and are going for Japanese dinner tomorrow night. Sunday, Tom and Tom golfing, I'll take Abby to Lab Club and then we'll go over to C & T's to see the Bill's Home opener.

The wake for that poor woman at our grocery store I knew well, is on Sunday at 4 and I will stop there. She was so friendly and happy and worked 25 years with Wegmans - 15 at our store. Just didn't wake up that morning.

Glad to hear that son had a nice time with the girls. Sounds enjoyable and relaxing.

The guy who may do the floor is stopping - we are back and forth on it - just the mess of it all.
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Wed 3:02 pm

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Fri Sep 12, '14 10:48am PST 
Beautiful Moonflowers flowers your pictures are amazing, the camera catches them perfectly. Hope your cold front came through, ours did, we are freezing here already - lots of rain on Thursday night. Leaves really came down from that.

Anniemom, glad that your bloodwork was ok and that Hanna loves her stuffie snoopy I was looking for fall decorations and we have a bag of Rocky's old stuffie's - should bring some upstairs.

Tom to play golf today - he did on Wed. or Tues. Season is closing soon.

Have to make my Cherry Chip cupcakes today, Tom(son) 33rd b-day dinner tomorrow and we come here to open gifts and have a cupcake. The house needs a good cleaning with the sliding door open all summer, rugs don't look dirty, but moved one and the part hidden is about 2 shades lighter. Still fooling with this flooring thing - pros - would update - cons - a mess to get out tile, it is on mesh and mud - the 'old fashioned' way and is terrible to get out to plywood. Flooring easy to choose but we don't know if they can remove all of it or just to the mesh - which would mean a thinner wood to be used. Expense is a factor. Sil was over on Wed for a minute - dropped Fran at his chemo 3 hours, and she had tile just laid on cement and not hard to remove. Sort of thinking of Sarge and breathing issues, the dust.

Bought mums for Paw Park, Vet and one for us. Hope all is calm with families. Have a dog park work session Thursday - have to finish the shingles on the shade and also finish the benches with stain.

Bills opening game this weekend - excitement is high with the sale of the team to the Pergula family who own the Sabres.
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Wed 3:02 pm

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Tue Sep 9, '14 10:12pm PST 
Good run at Ellicott Creek Park last night - there is a dog park there, saw lots of dogs on my run. Everything is turning fall colors, I am not ready for this and love summer - so uplifting. That is my SAD kicking in already. Our sweet neighbors will be leaving for Florida on October 15th, I just hate it all. Don't belong where it is dreary for so long. Anyhow, guess that won't change anything but it is my rant for the night.

Sarge has a little eye infection so using his vet drops and see if it's better by tomorrow.

Yes, marriage certainly was not smooth here, and we hung on, by our toenails at times. Not sure was right to do, but way that we did it. The boys went through alot of stress, I know and feel badly for them.

Hoping that all is well with everyone - and we 'lost' our friend already - hope he returns - remembering when this place was hoping every day. How are Linda and DarlaMae? Do you hear from them?
[notify]
» There has since been 28 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Wed 3:02 pm

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Mon Sep 8, '14 10:55am PST 
can tell fall is here, heavy dew and lots of leaves, goes So fast. Tom said because of the testivals and activities that go on non-stop. The Bills WON way to gocheer yesterday after a dismal preseason. The party was in the community building and she had about 60 or more - pasta, roast beef, chicken wings, someone made a neat minnie mouse cake and a football cake for her son - they do everything big - she said because her husbands family does it this way. Anyhow, T & C and Rob were there, sister in law who said Fran called Hospice who is coming today to talk to him. He cannot eliminate the pain. I only wish he would consider another place, Jim Kelly is cancer free at this point, in spite of almost no-hope a few months ago. Got alot of errands to do today that I have put off all week. Tommy's 33rd birthday this weekend, we'll have dinner somewhere cupcakes here.

Glad that son took the girls out and I would think it is less tense for all. I know how that feels. So glad that dil's sister is there to help. She has a sister in LV, too? 47 years, a long time! you were made for each other! we will be 36 end of the month, but hasen't been smooth all the time.

Flickamom are you still visiting the neighbor daily? Thanks for wishes for Frank, didn't get through last night so will call today. He is safe in the hospital which may build him up, he is very frail. Hope you don't lose any trees - the classmate from CA said the fire was 4 feet from his house at one point and he somehow avoided damage. He was oot when it started up and others told him. He is near San Fransisco I think, North of there. The other man near San Diego.
[notify]
» There has since been 33 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Wed 3:02 pm

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Sun Sep 7, '14 11:53am PST 
Morning all, wonderful time yesterday! The rain held off and we were on the cool side but was ok. How fast the time went from Friday and Sat. Planning took forever and responses and all, but everyone said let's plan again, the simple ones are the best, too. Just would do it inside the shelter building next time. The food was sent over, so much - so we didn't open 3 of the packages - big foil serving packs. One of the alumni was director at City Mission many years, so they took the food downtown to them - and rest was parceled up. We have pasta and sausage and pepper/onions and the piece of Birthday cake, which went so fast! Had raspberry filling like a jelly roll. My idea as is my favorite! So today is the Birthday for JA's 2 kids and we'll be at same park but inside building this time. They had her father's 70th birthday there a few years ago and also another thing. That side of the family has many brothers sisters family - Tom's sister's husband - Dennis family - so lots of people. We have very few here. Bills game today, will go about 3:30.

My 'uncle' Frank is in hospital, a large can rolled out of the car and hit his leg and scraped to the bone, and not healing. He said his fault not putting on the floor, but they packaged it with the big cans on top, strangely. Will check with him this weekend.

Anniemom, I guess only the kids know what is best for them and it is painful as we all want happiness for our friends, family and all. It is true, sometimes it needs distance to see how things are. I am thinking back to our early days, it was not easy, very hard as Tom worked strange hours and also was very rigid in his parenting and not at all easy going about things. We did use counseling after 10 years, as things seemed to be no better. Honestly, I did Alot of turning my head. Cannot change others, only yourself.

Anniemom, you don't look 69 or even close to that nor Flickamom at 60 - both almost party! People are still young at ages we used to think were over the hill back when I was a kid. In fact, it was a different time, not as many active and the health issues are taken care of now as routine. Better eating habits, exercise. The 70's yesterday - all pretty active people, many have issues, but overall pretty good. Several have Florida winter spots, and home in the summer, would Love that, but not going to happen. Dogs would probably not like the change.

Tom started taking board off of step to the deck, totally rotted so has to rebuild all that - was just going to paint the board and a mess. We were getting ants in the house and they were coming from there, evidentally.

Hope our friends come back to visit here - no problems getting on this morning at all. way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 36 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Wed 3:02 pm

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Sat Sep 6, '14 10:41am PST 
actually got on quickly! Last night was fun - about 30 were there - more local classmates will be coming today. Tom invited the one couple back to the house for an hour - they just got a Rescue dog, looks part Collie and Keeshon, possibly. It is trained for the Good Citizen and is a sweet dog. Original owners were older, went to nursing home, doggie is only about 3. They are from Ohio so we only see them at these events. Got a few more book titles to read from a book lover, too.

The floors with the wood, different grades of hardness, and if you have real wood, can be sanded down. We may have to go with Engineered depending on the depth of the tile and mortar removal. Doesn't look like they did the mesh/mud old fashioned way all through, thankfully. July and Dave, who were over to the house last night, have an old cape cod in Ohio, she said they have kitchen cabinets made by Amish in a green, and just put in new counters and back splash. Sounds like one of those cozy houses. 2 acres of land and a wrap around porch. They met at a squared dance when she was transferred to Ohio years ago.

Flickamom, bet you are getting excited about your trip - will be here before you know! And a week, how wonderful! Anniemom, glad son is seeing about an apartment, distance can help to sort things over. They are in my thoughts for peace.

Rob, haven't seen much of him, laying low since his trip. May be at the Birthday for JA's 2 kids tomorrow - same park we are going to today, but she has the indoor room there. That is at 3 but most will wait til the Bills game is over as it is the opener. Son Tom's birthday is the 14th, he'll be 33. Rob will be 35 in October. I am staying at 66 forever big laugh

Fran not doing good again, chronic problems with digestive, may have to go to hospital to get fluids as cannot eat. I'll know more today. Didn't meet Joann (wife) yesterday as planned as he was sick. hug
[notify]
» There has since been 39 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Wed 3:02 pm

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Fri Sep 5, '14 9:04pm PST 
Love TSO - didn't you all go last year and enjoyed it so much way to go That holiday will be here before we know it anyhow. I had a time getting on and cannot get to other places now from here, it is all goofy, anyhow, we are going to meet tonight for the 70th Birthday Reunion for Tom's class as I mentioned before. It is a happy hour and food and tomorrow is the picnic. I made my Texas Caviar and have a list of all I am taking. We ordered a cake and will look nice. I think there are 40 people going, not bad - all 70 at least - don't we have fun, happy dance!

Glad son is settled in and I hope that they can work through their issues, it's been many moves and changes for them in the past few years which doesn't help.
My sil is seeing a counselor, she is dealing taking care of Fran (Tom's brother), her elderly mother and her daughter's daughter while she works. She just moved back here and is looking for a better job at the hospital. She is very overwhelmed with all of it and had retired a year ago, thinking peace was finally here.

So, hope to get on tomorrow - we have to leave here about 11:00 AM and if it is late, the Tom can come and feed the dogs. I don't think it will go on too late in the afternoon though. Supposed to be having a big change in the weather, it is hot today and to cool off tomorrow.
[notify]
» There has since been 41 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Wed 3:02 pm

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Thu Sep 4, '14 9:55am PST 
Big question: Do you that have wood floors - what 'kind' are they, laminate, wood, engineered wood - do the Dog's nails show marks in the wood? Anniemom, you mentioned your floors are light - light wood or the other as I mentioned before? Flickamom, I am wondering do you have hardwood as most homes used to put it in just as a rule. Every house we ever owned had hardwood floors - and of course, were all covered with carpet.

We are still fooling with this removing the tile and what to put down - Hardwood or Engineered. Plus what kind - they have different grades of hardness on the samples. Hardwood is more expensive, of course, than engineered. Any suggestions are very welcome.

Happy almost party Maiyah! Time goes so quickly. Here Abby was 4 in April and I remember bringing her home like yesterday. Anything good cooking in the kitchen with your mom? I made a decent peach cobbler the other day, and finished off the rest with another one - just used Bisquick but the peaches were from the orchards north of us and very good.

Glad that son's luggage was found and he is in NC. When will the truck arrive - assume they are storing? I see these 'pods' in driveways, and assume it is storage, you hook to your car/truck and take it wherever.

The Reunion tomorrow night - get together. Tom went to Union Mtg. last night and then to his mother's to do her bills. She was probably not there as JA's oldest was 16 and JA's sister from Texas is here all week, so would guess they had a cake. The actual birthday is Sunday and for the baby - 1 year old - at a picnic place but the indoor part. The second day of the reunion is at the same park, but at an outdoor shelter. We have had amazing weather, so hope it lasts.

Anniemom, I do not run fast, I would say I am a steady pace but not what you think of as a 'Runner' - it gets me out with people in nice places - Canalside is wonderful and being built up more and more, and just the other people in the group, variety of personalities and interests. So it is a season April-Oct. and then over and a long winter. I have good shoes, running designed socks for less impact, too.

That is amazing 7 hours of mowing - when will the grass slow up a bit from the heat? Our summer hasen't been like that, some years the grass is all burned out. I threw quite a few things away yesterday, off the deck, straggling and cleaned the pots. Other things I had put out, those are away too.

Sarge still huffing, but I think with the meds he is ok and enjoys his outings, mostly sitting and watching the other dogs. He does love wading in the 'pond' at the Lab Club.

Flickamom, are you getting all excited for your upcoming trip? The weather should be warm there, too, I would think. So happy for you! flowers
[notify]
» There has since been 46 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Wed 3:02 pm

(Page 1 of 435: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.