Postings by Rocky 1997 - 2010's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 442: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Party Time & Virtual Play Dates > The Mitey Mitey Buh-ens Party!
Sarge

Loving

Barked: Sat Dec 20, '14 3:02am PST 
Hoping your Christmas tea was nice, Anniemom, sounds very festive. And glad your tree is ready to decorate, Flickamom, it is the last weekend and so many things to do before the big day.

The memorial was lovely, I did a reading and then we went to Fran's house - his daughter brought all the food, pizza, wings, antipasto, meatballs and pasta, trays of cookies and cannollis. She works for a large grocery store as a manager, we brought a fruit tray Tom and Courtney brought a box of Paula's donuts, which are delicious. Rob brought a Healing Stone he had gotten on his trip and gave to Joann. The service was over an hour, the priest likes Grandma alot and made it very special for her. There was a Color Guard service, that flag service is always so moving with the playing of Taps. So he is at rest.

Tom moved our concert tickets to tonight and will go for dinner before that. Poor Sarge and Abby don't know when we'll be home - but we got home and watched another Hallmark Movie that we taped. They sat by our feet the whole time.

There are 3 more of the new 2014 that Tom taped, they are nice and are replaying over at different times each day, if you want to watch one of them.

Getting our groceries today for Thursday this afternoon. T & C having their usual Christmas Eve dinner so I'll make a salad for that.

Minx will be here on Monday with Don, probably will see her Tuesday. Aunt Jo is all excited and getting her perm tomorrow - her aide is doing a home perm.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 5:00 pm

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Fri Dec 19, '14 4:53am PST 
Memorial service at 1 today, I will do a reading and Tom will present gifts with his sister. Then a gathering at his house afternoon. It will be good to have it all calm and people know how he suffered and it was a relief for him and family. hughug

Glad that the girls called Jim for his birthday! Those calls are treasures.

Flickamom have a nice day setting your tree and all.

We have an ice thing going on, will clear up later on.

Hugs to Maiyah and family, my cards are so mixed up no idea who I sent to or not.

Took Aunt Jo her last gift to give to her niece who arrives on Monday - I ordered on line for it. She is looking forward to 3 days of their visit. We never got our lunch out this week, but will do that in Janurary.

Heard from Uncle Frank's niece, whose brother is on the way to start the arrangements for the house and property - hard to think I can't talk to him, he really was a young person in an older body and up on all the news. flowers

Abby has an eye issue - I have drops I am using. Sarge is sleeping better though - just up one time a night instead of 2.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 5:00 pm

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Thu Dec 18, '14 1:43am PST 
Anniemom, glad you had a nice birthday lunch with Jim at Pappys and that the girls called son, that lifts his spirits, I'm sure. hug Thinking of all of them.

I mentioned my appt. early on, was all ok for another year.

Flickamom, glad Bob is on the mend.

Arrangements are a 1 PM service tomorrow at Tom's church with Father Berne who was at the church in Lancaster and they all liked so much. Not sure if there is a lunch after, but we will take our boys to lunch if not.

Our BPO Holiday concert tomorrow at 8 PM. Rob is stopping today to get his suit and still I have Lettuce Wraps so he can have those.

Trying to clear off my dining room table, so many things that go here and there. We always get the Lab Club family something for their Derby (Lab) for all the nice pics they take all year long. Been a flood at the dog park with the melted snow and rain, so not sure if they will be there Sat./Sun.

Hope all have a good day and noticed not many cards this year. Lots of pictures, though, love those.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 5:00 pm

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Wed Dec 17, '14 7:57am PST 
Thank you for your wishes for Fran, he was peaceful as he went to a place of peace and his friends and family who are there. No arrangements are made yet, they were waiting for daughter from CA - who arrived last night - to finish them. He didn't want alot of 'hoopla' just a simple goodbye. We were at the house Monday afternoon and night and then when he left at 12:10 we went back and waited with Joann for the people to arrive to help take care of things. He was so good at Thanksgiving, made the stuffing and ate so well, that is a good memory to have.

Hoping everyone is having a good week, I went to the gym early for a little while and just put in chicken, potatoes and carrots for dinner. My finger is still sore and use a bandaid on it - the nail will probably come off.

How was Jim's birthday - What did you all do? partywishes Jim wishespartyparty

Flickamom, hope your neighbors are feeling better.
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 5:00 pm

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Mon Dec 15, '14 2:31am PST 
Happy early Birthday to Jim wishes on Wednesday!

Good to see Maiyha's pawrents had fun at the party snoopy!

Flickamom, that's why all those things are still there, nostalgia - and I have thrown out things and regretted doing it before. So they'll probably sit there another year.

Fingernail is probably going to come off eventually - still has bandaid and is sore

Up and ready to go to my appt. - the traffic to downtown is bad in the morning
[notify]
» There has since been 21 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 5:00 pm

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Sun Dec 14, '14 9:19am PST 
I still go to the GYN but no intern.al - every other year for P.A.P. - they still want me to come as I had a bio.psy in my brea.st a while ago and other issues. It's ok, I love the dr. - a woman - and always take a bakery thing to the office.

Thank you for your kind comments about sweet Uncle Frank - he was really a one in a million guy. Have talked to his niece and the people who cared for him - they all said the same - 103 with the mind and wit of a 70 year old - he had a great life hug

Just had pancakes with our work session at the dog park, too sloppy to do anything, so we went to the VFW Post who was having a pancake breakfast and enjoyed that! A little Christmas fun

Fran isen't doing well, as I said, talked to wife Joann - he could last a day, week or whatever, not good, though.
[notify]
» There has since been 24 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 5:00 pm

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Sun Dec 14, '14 3:05am PST 
Enjoyed the party last night - my lettuce wraps were a hit, have to say! No one else brought them! They had family, friends, neighbors, people from their jobs there - so a nice mix - and one young couple brought their baby who I hadn't seen as yet! Lots of wonderful food and Courtney had a whole table of baked goods she had been making for this. Ann (Tom's sister) came, husband still in rehab with his knee. Joann (Fran, not doing well) did not come after all. Judeann and husband, Joella and Husband (Fran's daughter) and they didn't hear from the other son of Ann and Dennis - Their house is very light and bright - lots of windows due to that sunroom that goes across the back of the kitchen and also their colors are light and bright. A small live tree, perfect size. Was nice to see a good group there, as those are a job in the planning and making. Neither drink, so they were checking websites, friends, what to have on hand for a bar setup! Going to work at the dog park session at 10:00 today - not much to do that we can figure out, though. I have GYN appt. tomorrow at 9 - sort of downtown so will have to move along for that.

I have boxes of things that need to be gone from the house - no-one would want them, just nostalgia things and also pots, pans - extras of my mothers that I never used. I could have the Hearts for the Homeless here with a truck and all could be gone in a flash, but it's hard to let go, sometimes. Will have to, though when the day comes we will downsize.

Hope you had a nice lunch at Luby's Anniemom. Flickmom, hoping your TSO is keeping spirits high and know the memory will last for a year. We have tickets for Holidays Pops concert, Buffalo Philharmonic for Friday night, dinner out before. Going to wear my velvet dress I got for $12.00 at Sears last January! A bargain and just a simple Lands End dress.

Tom went to AJ to see about her printer hookup to her tablet, slowly she is learning how to use it.

Have a good day all - I didn't send everyone cards as last year - we have very few so far. I think many are cutting back with postage high. I have 8 friends I usually sent to Canada - and stamps are $1 each, so only did my friend I met with Rocky and the 'balloon' adventure - as they are in nursing home.
[notify]
» There has since been 26 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 5:00 pm

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Sat Dec 13, '14 3:51am PST 
My sweet old Uncle Frank passed last night. His friend called, had been with him at 7 PM and at 8 PM, received call that he peacefully left. He was ready to leave, a/c to Bob. Said that he had thought alot of Tom and I - we kept in touch alot, and many good conversations. As Bob said, he was 103 in years but 75 in his thinking, so true. hughughug Uncle Frank Was glad that he was able to stay in his house where you could see for miles and miles, on top of a hill in Cobden, Illinois.

Son Tom was over, have about 30 coming to their party tonight. Have lettuce crisping and will make the filling today. Their first non family party and know the are happy about it. puppy

Flickamom hoping that the neighbors recover soon from the flu. Anniemom, enjoying your visit with son,

Have early gym and then pick up the house clutter - been letting it go this week.

Hope today is a nice day - Abby will go to Lab Club at the park - lots of snow - no mud - there.
[notify]
» There has since been 29 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 5:00 pm

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Fri Dec 12, '14 1:05pm PST 
Meant to mention the BP from the doctor's Flickamom and now for Jim, too. I am sorry for the new readings and hope that the meds will help to balance it out a little. Sending good thoughts for you all that things get better as the new meds get into the system.

Glad son is in group therapy that is a wonderful way to get out your feelings and know that you are not the only one going through something that hurts. 60 inch TV is a big one! Bet it looks like being at the movies!

The crowns I have are very old, amazing they lasted as long as they did. We have dental insurance, part of Tom's retirement, was that or eyeglass. It does cover 2 cleanings a year, most fillings after you meet your deductible. With my teeth, I need to get 3 cleanings a year to ward off anything brewing. The implants are not covered, but the crown part is - if it hasen't been replaced in 5 years. Tom will pay out %6,000 for his work in January, but there is no getting around it for 6 missing teeth.
[notify]
» There has since been 31 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 5:00 pm

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Fri Dec 12, '14 2:46am PST 
Morning - lots of snow here - very pretty but slippery driving. Anniemom, hope son is here safely and so nice he can be with you all. That is great about the tv - how large is the new one? I think we have a 50 inch in family room and a smaller in the other room. Amazing how they make them like picture frames now. Dental crowns and replacement is expensive, I have more to go, too although the implant is doing well. Tom is having him replace those 2 bridges he lost earlier this fall, with implant. The mini-implants are not that expensive as the full ones. I will avoid having any full dentures long as I can though. The police party was sonderful - saw some old friends from the Mall, the husband and wife who married at the mall 2 years ago, they are so happy. Her 3 sons are all in law enforcement, he worked with Tom. Family style at the same VFW Post as last year.

Flickamom, so sorry about your rider and also your finger that hurts so much
- it is weird as I was getting the "Bee" paper out of machine Wed., morning, caught my little finger and almost pulled the nail off - so painful will lose the nail probably.

I ended up taking Aunt Jo to Target to get her things to mail OOT and wrapped them and mailed for her. We will go to lunch next Wednesday and maybe the mall. She even found a nice sweater for niece, Minx, there and I ordered the dusting powder and perfume on line. Also we got a perm kit and the curlers for her aide to do her hair at home. Too hard at Pennys - moving chair to chair and long.

She is slowing so much, it is hard to watch her.

Work session at the Paw Park on Sunday. Courtney and Tom's Party is Sat. night, making the Lettuce Wraps to take.

Flickamom - are you vising with the neighbor, don't know if I saw your answer. Glad you are enjoying the TSO so much, makes the work go faster.

Hi sweet Maiyah, enjoy the snow with Dad and Mom way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 33 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 5:00 pm

(Page 1 of 442: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.