Postings by Rocky 1997 - 2010's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 448: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Party Time & Virtual Play Dates > The Mitey Mitey Buh-ens Party!
Sarge

Loving

Barked: Wed Feb 25, '15 4:04am PST 
Morning all, don't know if I wrote yesterday but my PT went well and she showed me that hips are both functioning differently, causing stress, so exercise for that, also building hamstrings and then pressure will be off my knees more, - 4 years ago, when I say her - she said my only complaint was my right knee, which turned to need orthoscopic work. So how quickly things can go 'south' with the body, and at least I feel I can work on my weak areas. See her again Friday.

Anniemom, So glad your son is here and enjoying family - I am sure he will be fine with his friend, they are old school buddies, and I was under the impression that there was talk of them to separate, maybe I read it wrong. My printing is so weird when I type on this site. My feeling is that we all deserve happiness and sometimes we grow apart or things just aren't working anymore. One life

Flickamom, how wonderful for your pictures - and you have an eye for a great composition. That is truly very exciting! Wish you would try FB - so many are on and it is a vehicle that seems to grow more each day. All our handimen, doctors, and stores, etc., have FB pages - and stores, you can limit your privacy any way you want to, you are not open to anyone unless you have it set that way.

Spiritdad, I am a believer that we all are entitled to our opinions, and I do see that much more could be done, as I said, with the animal cruelty problems, but those who have the power to get rid of it all. This is very frustrating, but by continuing to keep up with the ones who are trying to change some of these conditions, it is heartwarming to be a part of the movement. Another of my big things is the buying and selling of animals on Craigslist. A highly publized case - Puppy Doe - Kiya - has started the Kiya's Law - and so much good has come from her sad tragic life at the hands of a monster. I keep her picture as my main pictture on my page. Also Patrick, the pitbull found in the garbage shute by the maintenance - he has fostered Huge amounts of Legislation in the prosecuing of animal abusers. So those things have been good. But it takes many people to help change things, and many just feel "others will do it" - or maybe it is not important enough in their agenda, we all have our priorities. Just keep doing what you do best, and you make a difference.

More snow coming - we really need it - will be months before the hard rock hills of salted snow that are piled up will melt. Tom said as the Lake is so frozen, we proably will have limited Spring and a cooler summer - I would be out of here, but he won't go because of his family - his mother and sister - cannot live your life for others, they did it their way, and we should be free to do it our way. And so it goes on shrug no resolve
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Thu 12:01 pm

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Tue Feb 24, '15 4:53am PST 
I think, when you are basically a caring person and give of yourself, seeing that the ones who have much to share and do not, really is difficult. For myself, I cannot figure out why these countries turn a blind eye to the horrific meat/fur trade. I know it is greed, but how can you live there and know it is going on? I write letters on these petitions, always receive a nice email - but let's just stop it - it is 'old tradition' stuff that should be long gone - running of the bulls, so many. Export, Factory farming abuse. There is so much evil there. As I have said, animals have no voice, and their lives are dependent on what those who Do have a voice can do.

Spiritdad, my son got me this http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&field-keywords=HD Attena&index=blended&link_code=qs&sourceid=Mozilla-search&tag=mozill a-20 for Christmas - there are different ranges, but Tom was very surprised what a good job it did - just stick it on the wall in the room with the TV.

Hope son is here and enjoying his family and friends, Anniemom!

Flickamom, did you post your pictures?

Off to PT at 8:45, so better move along.

We are lucky that we all care and do what we can for others - that is what keeps me able to sleep at night.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Thu 12:01 pm

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Mon Feb 23, '15 11:13am PST 
Late start today - busy already and more snow on the way - we don't have enough yet! The high is 3 degrees today - maybe it will preserve us all up here!

Glad son is on his way, probably there by now and at your place. He will have a great week.

Looking forward to the pictures, Flickamom, my pictures are never good. Did Jay enjoy it, guess Anniemom asked, too.

Spiritdad, glad you have that wood to the people with the cold spell you are having, too. How is Spirit's back leg doing?

Went to dog park Saturday - heat wave of almost 20 - so the man whose dog was in the training glass with Abby - their golden had passed of nasal cancer, too, was saying he found a hard lump on Ellie and it was a Mast cell - they took it out quickly. I said here our dogs are almost 5 already.
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Thu 12:01 pm

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Sun Feb 22, '15 4:31am PST 
Well, more snow today. The meeting yesterday was a nice one, small but discussed the cat rescue that we donate too. There are many rescues, as I am sure are in every town. I have noticed that if you donate to something - let's say through a tribute, we do this in Memorial of a friend's loved one passing sometime's, then you will receive information from them until forever. I get more pleas for help, it is hard to ignore them, but can only do so much. Pick and choose who seems to use the funds for the good of the animals - not the good of the Administration or the operating costs. Many times, these are in other countries. My hugest thing is the Dog Meat and Fur Trade - which is barbaric and people are Totally aware of what constitutes abuse and what does not. Yet this continues and a blind eye is turned by the government. I have seen things that make me sick for days, and I try to keep on signing the Petitions, donating billboards, sponsoring those that are trying to end this horrific practice. As the starfish, if one place is closed down - as was recently that happened to show up, then all the effort is worth it. It is wrong on So many levels. A country such as China, testing on animals before they will sell anything from the US - and they have killed millions of our dogs here with their tainted jerky treats and other things. If I was to walk downtown Buffalo and see a person abusing a dog for profit - and I won't go into it - I would make Every effort to stop it, notify someone of what was going on. Back in the early days of the Seal Hunt in Canada, I protested against those who bought from the seafood company (s) that sponsor and profit from this horrific annual act. Still will not go into certain restaurants that knowingly purchase from these companies, and it is in the news and nothing that someone cannot read. So I think that many are trying to do good and it is heartwarming. Sadly, the ones that may have resources, may not use them for the good of animals or people. Not everyone cares for animal welfare or people, I understand that I guess I feel as animals have No Voice, we have to be that voice for them. It is a personal thing, and I believe as educated people, we all have strong feelings about our thoughts on helping those in need, 2 legs or 4. So that is my 2 cents on this whole thing. Sorry to ruffle any feathers, but we all have an opinion and I believe are entitled to it and to voice it as well.

Not sure of what is happening today, the weather isen't too frigid, so maybe Sarge can get out for a little while.

Anniemom, your son is shortly on his way!

Flickamom, if you happen to talk to Darla Mae family, please send our big hug
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Thu 12:01 pm

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Sat Feb 21, '15 2:20pm PST 
Hi all, had a busy day with gym early as missed the other day. Zumba was fun - Anniemom, great links for the Zumba, meant to tell you earlier. Thanks for those! He went a little slower as there were new people today, fine with me! Then took Abby to Lab Club - finally warmed up to the teens - felt like a heat wave - but damp as it is Still snowing - as I write this more snow is coming down.

Had my group today 1-3 and stopped at a store on the way home so late getting here, and the doggies were glad to see me. Sarge didn't go out to the park today, maybe tomorrow, I don't want to chance his lungs getting too damp with this air.

Flickamom, hope your Dragon Dance will be enjoyable and what do you wear to that?
How are the doggies enjoying your weather?

Spiritdad, a wonderful story of the starfish, loved it and always enjoy reading or hearing it again. So true, people are not as helpful as they used to be, from where I see and hear on the news. We are lucky on our street that all pitch in if someone needs a hand, and when I was at the gym, the one neighbor whose husband is the jeweler Tom uses said that our next door one has plowed them out almost all winter when it was really bad, knowing she is a nurse and he is out early. I told her hoped to have another get together for the people we had last year.

Poor Spirit with his leg, sounds like an old injury that is sensitive. Rocky used to hold his paws up alot, haven't noticed Abby doing it.

So off to get comfortable and do some reading. Hope the day was a good one flowers for all.

Anniemom - Great news of your son's friend and that they will see each other. He comes on Monday, I thought you wrote.
[notify]
» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Thu 12:01 pm

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Fri Feb 20, '15 3:29am PST 
Spiritdad, you are so right. It is always better to share and help. I feel most comfortable giving than receiving, and especially if it is something that is needed - as the wood, for a family to be warm. I didn't realize how cold it is and you are south of us. Tom said that the east coast states have been hit alot harder - and even Florida. All his 3 buddies are there and they are finding it cooler than they would like. To me, you practice kindness and remember that everyone can use a good word to encourage them. My parents were very active in volunteer work - mostly through the church. At that time, we could bring a child from an orphanage home for the weekend and did that. Now, of course you can't. They were good people and my dad "never met someone he didn't know" - my mother would say. They were bowlers and played cards with other couples, one were quite "elderly" but looking back, I am probably older than they were!

Flickamom, how wonderful you are going to the Dragon Dance. I forgot that you had lived there, what a very exciting life you have led. Looking back at my life, I did alot of things that I didn't appreciate when I was doing them, maybe that is true for many.

Anniemom, glad your crown is set and that is over. The ortho took xrays and said both knees have minimal arthritus, and that it is good to be active, not to overdo, but benefits the heart and also the mind, too. She sent me to PT for a few sessions, and also some gel which will come by mail. I'll see her again in April. At least it wasen't the baker's cyst that I thought

Tom is going going to start painting the kitchen - the rest looks so fresh and nice. He is doing the fireplace mantel now, it is alot brighter than before. With pics off the wals and things all out of the room, looks so clean an neat.

Hope all have a good day - have to get my compounded eye drops for Sarge and my meds. Last day to let dogs out - it is - 7 degrees right now, but to get warmer. Glad son will be coming, Anniemom, I think he will have a smile more than before, bless his heart.
[notify]
» There has since been 28 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Thu 12:01 pm

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Thu Feb 19, '15 3:49am PST 
Morning, another cold spell - so tiring. Snowed last night. Tom has painted all trim and rooms - next is the kitchen, which is the hardest with the cut-ins. Really looks nice and fresh. Tom enjoyed his dinner, the salmon was thin, should have bought thicker steaks as I usually do. I have the Ortho appt. today for my 'cyst' - and then will go to the gym as missed yesterday. Gave up candy for Lent -- I needed to as I will just grab a piece and not think of the calories - empty.

Anniemom hope your crown appt. went smoothly. Hoping that the prostate has not progessed, but early stage. Our ages have alot to do with these things. My Empty leash friend's daughter had good news - her daughter will have a Lumpec.tomy - she has been having chemo. Eventally their family - somve have tested for those 'markers' for the gene or something, and looked like a full surgery.

When does your son arrive?

Flickamom I think I made it sound more travel than is - she has a week a month - or so - for her job (which is new past 6 months, same company, different job) and they did go to Cancun. The MN trip is for the aunt/uncle 50th anniversary, this I just found out. I am such a homebody with my dogs, and guess we don't travel as we hate to leave them. Sarge is up in age, and many meds and conditions. Doesn't bother me as we have traveled much in the early years.

SpiritDad how nice of you to take the wood to those in need - you know that many people don't think of others. Especially when it comes to food and heat, have to have those things.

Dreading the melting, it will cause issues too. But not in the near future, talking more snow - cold.
[notify]
» There has since been 32 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Thu 12:01 pm

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Wed Feb 18, '15 4:04am PST 
Morning, another really cold day.

Flickamom, the 2 dogs are 8 - 9 years old, and when they lived in Florida and C for her Masters, got one and another for company for the first one - they are small Poms. Lyla they fell for - a long hair chi 4 years old - and Tom admits 3 is alot, but all three together don't make one Abby. Courtney works from home, so they are not left alone.

Anniemom, thinking of you today at the dental appointment and that you will get your crown work done. I am contemplating taking the bridge off that is always a problem and just having 2 separate implant crowns put on top. As it is, there is an implant screw on either end, and three crowns all attached. Very hard to clean under.

Also thinking of your neighbors and their medical issues and praying all goes well. So very scary when you receive a diagnosis that is not a positive one. I even feel that way when told to go on cholestrol meds or something very simple, it is a change to your system. Not all feel that way, I'm sure.

SpiritDad, so glad to see you! Know that you are busy and with your weather, can be outside and enjoying things. Would you ever plan to see Linda and Clark again?

I noticed the neighbor plowed out a big section over his lawn to park the cars. He has a snow plow this time of year to park. It is a rock hard snow, like cement.

Took Rob some chili and talked yesterday and also Tom a bowl...it was pretty spicy, so I mixed in can of tomatoe sauce.

Stay safe and well, all. hug
[notify]
» There has since been 37 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Thu 12:01 pm

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Tue Feb 17, '15 12:50pm PST 
Flickamom, how scary with the earthquakes, no matter how small. That is very scare here, we have had a few - far and few between. You are lucky to be able to stay up - wish I didn't fade out. But I get up early, my time schedule, cannot sleep in unless I am sick. So you are in the peace of the night and I am in the peace of the morning. C travels as this is a new job and her main office is in AZ - all the managers have to go. They have a big family in MN and 3 years ago, went there to visit, so will do that again. The uncle has parkinson's and had to cancel a trip to come this way to visit, as they stay for 2 weeks, plus they want to see the cousins, all the same age. At least the doggies have each other - 3 of them and we go 2 times a day.

Anniemom, what a terrible terrible thing to happen to your neighbor. This is her husband, not the one with cancer - I assume. She has to be just stunned. You are a good friend to all and that will be a comfort. Friends are what keeps us going, they don't judge, they are just There. As with your son, a great boon for him.

Went to Rob's as I made a batch of chili and he likes that. Tom will be over for salmon dinner tomorrow night, salad, fruit, those flat donuts that are out now - fausnates.

5 guys has the best hamburgers - it is not fancy - peanuts in big barrels - we get the small burger and it is enough. French fries are good, too.

No SpiritDad, hoping all is ok at your house wave

8 feet - more to come - things are totally covered like park benches in the park, and it isen't drifts, it is just the snow. Very bad winter, lots of roof problems and cars not working, burst pipes.
[notify]
» There has since been 40 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Thu 12:01 pm

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Mon Feb 16, '15 9:00am PST 
Morning - 10 below when we got up - the coldest since 1800's here - anyhow, nothing is moving - school break all this week anyhow. No mail, or banks, etc. today - guess some are shopping. Just back from letting the dogs out at C & T's - she goes to AZ once a month about - for her job and enjoys it. Both are travelers and already planning another trip. I think they are going to MN with her family to see the aunt and uncle that have the house on the lake. It is very pretty. C is a busy person and a wonderful baker, but doesn't eat much of it - she is a planner of good meals with not alot of fat and junk. I have stuff to make chili for tomorrow and will leave some at Tom's so he'll have for dinner. He is going to come on Wed. for salmon and asparagus. Too cold for Rob - he won't venture out much after that accident last year and take a chance. His area gets more snow than we do - hard to imagine - it is 8 foot high end of our driveway.

Anniemom, enjoy your luncheon tomorrow and glad that your DDS is soon and get that behind you, too. Wonderful son is coming and how great for the friends - they make a difference. Support when you need it so much. That's why I keep with my Empty Leash gang, they are all friend's now. The one person's daughter going through chemo for breast cancer, I think I told you all - found it in November - she has 2 children and husband who was laid off. They live in the lower part of the house (a double) My friend's sig. other is having his angiogram tomorrow.

Flickamom, that was an honor that you were included! How wonderful and so glad that you all could be a part of it and the travel was ok to drive. You said you all don't usually go to bed before 2 AM - do you read or do crafts? I watch a movie sometimes - we are watching the Hallmark Val. movies that Tom taped, and then read a little and doze off about 9.

Hope all is ok with SpiritDad, miss you! Found my frozen basil and cillantro that I froze in ice last year to have to add to soups etc. Forgot that I did it, things from Tom's garden.
[notify]
» There has since been 43 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Thu 12:01 pm

(Page 1 of 448: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.