Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 94: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Saying Good Bye to my beloved Otis
Otis

"More- Walks....Less- Toys"

Barked: Thu Aug 29, '13 6:39pm PST 
Much thanks for the sweet responses......I am in tears (again).....Otis was my baby boy that was so incredibly special. I know everyone thinks that their babies are "special" but Otis was.....he touched so many. He was sweet, gentle, special, loved, and....he was mine...I was lucky enough to be able to share he with so many.....I talk to him every night.....and wish him nothing but the love and peace he gave to me. Fly free my sweet Bubba boy....mama loves you more than you will ever know.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Aug 30 10:39 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Saying Good Bye to my beloved Otis
Otis

Barked: Thu Aug 29, '13 7:47am PST 
There have been so many people on Dogster, although it was a while ago, that were pals with my sweet, sweet boy. I wanted to let you all know that we lost him on July 2, 2013. This was the hardest day....and continues to be very difficult for me. Otis was my special boy. I had a bond with him that I do not think I can ever replace. A few years ago, Otis was honored by Dogster with winning the best smile.....He did have a smile that would melt hearts....and he melted mine from the day I brought him home. I know he is free now....but I miss him every day. I wanted to share this with you all....and maybe bring me a little peace by sharing. Bully huggs and wiggles to you all. Give your furry kids an extra hug, they all deserve it.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Aug 30 10:39 pm

Raw Food Diet > Natures Variety Frozen Raw?

Otis

Barked: Sun Aug 8, '10 1:15pm PST 
Much thanks everypup! I am really interested in learning about the raw diets. For now I will stay with the premade until I have more knowledge under my belt.

Will keep you all informed on what happens smile
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Aug 8 1:25 pm

Raw Food Diet > Natures Variety Frozen Raw?

Otis

Barked: Sun Aug 8, '10 7:16am PST 
Hi All!
A little history on us...Otis is 6 yrs old and we have battled allergy related issues for his entire life (ear infections, staff infections, ect..). He has always been on a high quality kibble and currently is on the Wellness Core. He is better than he was...but still very yeasty ears.

We also have a new bulldog puppy (Daisy). She is six months old, was in the vet for her spay and he noticed a spot of Demodex mange on her front leg. The vet wanted to do the insecticide dip treatments...but I am wanting to wait and see if the mange will resolve on its own.

Ok...We have been thinking of the raw diets and bought the Natures Variety medallions yesterday and are planning on slowly changing over.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Is there any advantages to this verses the home raw feeding?

We are sticking our toe into new territory and keeping paws crossed that we have finally found an answer to our problems.

Huggs and Wiggles!
Otis and Daisy
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Aug 8 1:25 pm

Food & Nutrition > Probiotic? Supplements?

Otis

Barked: Sat Aug 7, '10 7:22am PST 
Hey All! Long time no bark! I have a new sister in my house so I have been BUSY keeping her in line. Question for you all....Do you give probiotic/supplements? If so...which ones? My sister (Daisy) has a teeny patch of mange, and instead of doing the insecticide dips, we want to boost up her immune system naturally. There are gajillions of brands so I thought I would pup in and ask you all!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Aug 14 12:02 pm

Dog Health > Cracked nose
Otis

Barked: Wed Dec 16, '09 6:39pm PST 
Although I have tried my hardest to convince my mama that BUTTER would cure my nose cracks....she rubs that nasty Vasoline on it instead....Bah!
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Dec 20 2:16 pm

Dog Health > Feet Smell Like Fritos!

Otis

Barked: Tue Dec 15, '09 11:42am PST 
Frito feet here too!!!

What I find odd is not that my toes are aromatic...but that my mama actually LIKES the way they smell. Go figure...she's nuts!
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by , Apr 15 1:48 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > Steaming Mad!

Otis

Barked: Tue Aug 25, '09 5:28pm PST 
Oh...no...she said that she was going to CRACK THE WINDOWS...and they would be fine???? Really????

Sorry...I am still so mad I can't type on a "family" board smile
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Aug 25 8:39 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > Steaming Mad!

Otis

Barked: Tue Aug 25, '09 5:17pm PST 
Ok...We live in Dallas TX. Today it was 100 degrees. MaMa went to a place called "Central Market" I guess it is kinda of an upscale grocery store, to pick up a dinner for her and my dad. Anyhoo...She is leaving and sees a lady parking, with (2) big pups in a SUV....this lady is going to LEAVE THE PUPS IN THE CAR and go shopping....Did I mention that it was 100 DEGREES outside???? My mama pulled up my this "lady" and confronted her...things got kinda heated. We hope that this lady at the very least....understands that there are some people out there who will NOT tolerate stupidity!!!!

HOW in this day and age can people be SO EVERLOVING STUPID as to leave (2) big dogs in a locked car when it is over 100 degrees????

Ok...venting over!
Thank you for listening!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Aug 25 8:39 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > Is there ANYTHING I can do? Please...
Otis

Barked: Tue Jul 7, '09 3:39pm PST 
applauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplause

Thank you for caring enough to help...the world needs lots more people like you!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jul 8 3:58 pm

(Page 1 of 94: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.