Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 33: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > Enough with the Febreze already!!
Eugene U- Genius - in loving me

Let's go- huntin'!

Barked: Thu Aug 7, '08 6:19pm PST 
Amen! Mom just wrote to Dogster and asked how to get them removed, how to stop getting them. We think this is the dumbest thing that's ever happened on Dogster!!! ENOUGH!!
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by , Aug 15 5:14 pm

Behavior & Training > Why I prefer dogs to kids...
Eugene U- Genius - in loving me

Let's go- huntin'!

Barked: Mon Apr 28, '08 1:57pm PST 
There are advantages and disadvantages to both...

Kids are better because...

Eventually they are responsible for their own poop.
They (most often) don't hump your guests or you.
They are willing to sleep in their own beds.
Someday, they give you that (I've heard) wonderful treat -
grandchildren!
[notify]
» There has since been 27 posts. Last posting by , May 7 1:46 pm

Dachshund > SAVE THE PIEBALDS!!!

Esther

Love me, love- me, love me!

Barked: Thu Feb 14, '08 5:49pm PST 
Well, Mom went to the Save the Piebalds web site. Clicking around she saw pictures of lots of different colored Dachshunds. I look most like something called an "English Cream Silky Wire" - gee, aren't I special??
[notify]
» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by , Dec 29 1:04 pm

Grooming > Eye boogies

Esther

Barked: Thu Feb 14, '08 5:06pm PST 
Is this a recent problem? If so, you might want to check with your vet. I have occasional conjunctivitis that makes my eyes 'weep'. When Mom notices it, I go back on the eye ointment from the vet and - poof - I'm back to normal quickly.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Feb 16 6:24 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Reactions of the dogs left behind....

Bullet - in loving- memory

I don't know- you, but come on- in!

Barked: Sat Sep 22, '07 6:20pm PST 
Thanks for sharing, doggies! Mom lost three dogs before me and she knows that her Lincoln grieved awfully for her Dashiell. Lincoln and Dashiell spent 11 years together. When Dash died, Lincoln would no longer go lay on the couch where they had snuggled together as old boys. Lincoln would curl up in a ball in the middle of the floor instead - something he never did before. It was weeks before Lincoln 'snapped out of it'. But then, Lincoln was a pretty emapthetic guy. He would always seek out whoever was sad, hurt, or sick and just 'be there' for them. When Mom's daughter got a severe cut once, Lincoln stood at her feet while Mom ran around getting ready to go to the emergency room. Mom couldn't believe the amount of blood on the floor when she got back - and the amount of blood that had fallen on Lincoln who guarded the daughter.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Sep 22 6:20 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Reactions of the dogs left behind....

Barked: Fri Sep 21, '07 5:53pm PST 
Mom brought my cremains home yesterday and let the other dogs 'investigate'. Eugene was curious, came near, and walked away seemingly unaffected. Esther came near, curious, and then her expression became incredibly sad, she hung her head and her ears dropped. Gidget wouldn't go near Mom when she was holding me and seemed very spooked. Have any of you had experiences like the above?
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Sep 22 6:20 pm

Dachshund > Dachshunds and Agility?

Gidget

I wanna work at- Petco!

Barked: Wed Sep 19, '07 9:59pm PST 
Please wait to start any serious agility training until you are a year or so old. That means full height/full size obstacles and jumps are off limits for 'babies'. I didn't start agility at all until 16 months old but already had my CGC at just about a year old and was in obedience classes early on. You will be building that teamwork in flat work while your body is maturing. Being a miniature Dachs, you might want to consider running in Preferred classes where you would jump 4". I am a tiny girl - 7 lbs - and I have always run in Preferred. I had my open standard preferred title and my excellent jumpers preferred titles by the time I was 4 1/2 so there is no need to rush! Good luck and have fun!!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Nov 10 9:36 am

Puppy Place > what breeds have you been mistaken for?

Esther

Barked: Wed Sep 19, '07 1:37pm PST 
Not long ago someone asked if me and Eugene (my brudder) were Dandie Dinmont Terrier puppies.....we are 11 years old!
[notify]
» There has since been 384 posts. Last posting by , Mar 30 9:01 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > How do you make the appt?

Barked: Fri Sep 14, '07 1:45pm PST 
I'll be waiting for you, sweetie. I went to the bridge this morning.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Sep 15 6:34 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Gone to the bridge - but not forgotten

Barked: Fri Sep 14, '07 10:28am PST 
Bullet passed away today, 9/14. He was 13 1/2 - not so very old for a Dachshund. His mom is very sad....
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Sep 15 9:19 pm

(Page 1 of 33: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.