Postings by Bijou's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Best. Blog. Ever.
Bijou

What trouble can- I cause today?

Barked: Mon Dec 12, '05 9:37am PST 
Oh Bessie, Mommy and I love that one! We also like Drop That Sock.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Farrah ♥12/97-3/06, Dec 21 10:29 am

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > YAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaYYY i book forum!!!
Bijou

Barked: Tue Dec 6, '05 11:00pm PST 
Hey Porter! Mommy's read Ella in Europe too, and she even exchanged a couple of emails with Michael Konik, because her copy of the book is "signed" by Ella herself from an appearance they did at a local bookstore. Mommy wanted to ask Mr. Konik when they'd be back for another signing.

Of course, one of our favorite books is Travels with Charley: In Search of America! Oh, and Mommy also recently enjoyed James Thurber's The Dog Department.

For dog magazines, we mostly read The Bark, but Mommy also can't help herself and buys every poodle magazine she sees. And of course there have been several poodle books too.
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Lucy 2004-2009, Feb 8 2:14 pm

Dogs & Travel > In support of seatbelt harnesses

Bijou

Barked: Tue Nov 29, '05 7:45pm PST 
Thank you all you wonderful sweet friends for your care and concern that Mommy and I are okay. We shared our story because we want to know that if it ever happens to you, you'll be okay too!

Puppy nuzzlies to all.
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by Roxy, Jan 2 8:54 pm

Dogs & Travel > In support of seatbelt harnesses

Bijou

Barked: Mon Nov 28, '05 9:06am PST 
Hi everyone. Mommy and I are sure that most of you already wear seatbelt harnesses or ride in crates when you go in the car, but in case anyone doesn't, we want to ask you to please do so.

You see, Mommy and I were in a car accident on Saturday. A lady broadsided us while Mommy was making a left turn. She was going too fast where visibility was limited (other cars that had stopped to let us turn were blocking her view), and she hit the front passenger side of our car at about 30 mph. I was in the back seat on that side of the car, in my seatbelt harness. If I hadn't been in it, I would have been thrown to the other side of the car, at best.

Both Mommy and I seem to be okay, but her car is probably a total loss. If we hadn't both been wearing seatbelts, we might be much worse off!

So PLEASE, if you don't have any protection in the car, get some right away! Mommy and I love our Dogster pals, and we want you all to be safe and sound.
[notify]
» There has since been 32 posts. Last posting by Roxy, Jan 2 8:54 pm

Food & Nutrition > nylabone

Bijou

Barked: Thu Nov 24, '05 10:06pm PST 
Mommy and the grandma human have bought me the flexible Nylabones made just for puppies. They're debating stopping with them though, because my sharp little baby teeth have been able to chew off pieces the size of a small cornflake within about 20 to 30 minutes from the time they first give me a new one. Once I threw up a couple of those pieces, but since then I haven't. And I love them sooooooo much (especially now, while I'm losing the puppy teeth and growing in my big-girl teeth), that they hate to not let me have them.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Nov 29 7:40 am

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Fashion discrimination against larger dogs
Bijou

Barked: Tue Nov 8, '05 9:14am PST 
Hey Hugo! Your owner's coats must be really great, because they got a wonderful review on PamperedPuppy.com!

Edited to change address in the link a little - for some reason, Dogster is adding characters when you click on the link, that cause an error. Now the link just goes to the home page, not the review of the coats.
[notify]
» There has since been 40 posts. Last posting by , Nov 24 1:50 am

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Fashion discrimination against larger dogs

Bijou

Barked: Sun Nov 6, '05 9:22am PST 
Thanks for the ideas doggies! Unfortunately, my mommy is not crafty with a sewing machine (*BOL* I had originally typed that she's not a "sewer", but that came out sounding funny depending on how you pronounce it). So she's strictly stuck with shopping.

Sabrina, she did see some things in larger sizes at Petsmart when we went for my last puppy class. She'll have to check those out again today.

But even the step-in harnesses we like (like these) mostly come in smaller sizes. Not fair! I can only wear them while I'm still a puppy, and they're pretty pricey for such a short time. A nice neighbor gave Mommy one as a gift that I can wear now, but that's about it.
[notify]
» There has since been 48 posts. Last posting by , Nov 24 1:50 am

Bijou

Barked: Thu Nov 3, '05 1:57pm PST 
Okay, I am a puppy right now, but when I'm fully grown, I'll be about 22 inches long from the base of my neck to the base of my tail, and I'll weigh nearly 50 lbs. Mommy doesn't want to spend a lot of money on stuff while I'm still growing, but she is getting a little frustrated with all the companies that cater only to smaller dogs for fashionable attire and accessories. They get everything: cute carriers, adorable sweaters, fancy collars and harnesses. You name it, it's theirs! I know other big doggies complained about this when it came to Halloween costumes too.

Don't get me wrong — some of Mommy's and my best friends are little dogs. But we want equal rights!

Mommy's found that Trixie + Peanut has a section of harnesses, collars and leads for bigger doggies, but does anyone else have any other suggestions?
[notify]
» There has since been 64 posts. Last posting by , Nov 24 1:50 am

Who's Feeling Silly? > what is wrong with this picture

Bijou

Barked: Mon Oct 31, '05 3:55pm PST 
Mommy's not falling for that one — she's seen it before! BOO!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Oct 31 4:07 pm

Dogs & Travel > Where to stay in Carmel?
Bijou

Barked: Mon Oct 31, '05 3:48pm PST 
hehehe, I love your swimming story!

Mommy thinks Carmel is so dog friendly because Doris Day lives there, and she's a big animal advocate.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Naila, Nov 1 9:22 am

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.