Postings by ♥ Ch Francis.... THD CG's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 100: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Service & Therapy Dogs > Dogster, I am ashamed of your mailing!
♥ Ch- Francis....- THD CG

Barked: Fri Oct 17, '08 4:14pm PST 
Otto BOL!!!!hail
[notify]
» There has since been 21 posts. Last posting by Sachiko ~ In Memory~, Nov 3 2:09 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Service Dogs- Doberman Pincher Club of America Centennial event

Barked: Thu Oct 16, '08 10:56pm PST 
I have permission to cross post this:

This is an article from a local station. Near the top of the article is a small link to a video. All I can say is WOW.
http://www.ksnt.com/home/ticker/31086129.html

War Dog handlers being honored for past service. To learn more about this event:
http://dpca.org/faithful/

Here is a video of last evening's arrival of the Veterans at the DPCA National in Topeka. It is wonderful and captures the spirit of the event. Please add ratings and comments. I understand there will be more photos and videos of tonight's event in due time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZUkDKdY9_s

This is a report of the arrival in Topeka, KS by the motorcade bringing the 11 WWII War Dog Handlers to the DPCA National.

Live report from the Centennial Celebration in Kansas:
The drive way to the front of the hotel is LINED with hundreds of American flags, BIG flags - hundreds of Dobermans....the band is ready and waiting - people everywhere CRYING their eyes out as they report....PROUD Americans - PROUD DOBERMAN OWNERS.....waiting for the motorcade to arrive with the WWII Veterans dog handlers - being celebrated and honored for the work they did on behalf of freedom with Dobermans, oh so many years ago....

I'm on the phone with Bonnie Dunlop - and she's crying - Marj is yelling "Here they come!" - it's getting dark and there's a full, bright orange moon just coming out!

About 300 Dobermans standing there waiting - Ray Carlisle directing traffic - screaming, clapping and hollering for the men - they're singing the National Anthem....they've pulled into the driveway in front of the hotel....there's a red carpet - the band is playing and I can hear the singing and now the applause.

My GOD! Those guys must be in 7th Heaven....some of the veterans are in wheelchairs - the crowd is going wild clapping and screaming - I'm not kidding! I can hear it all....MORE screaming for the men...Bonnie just keeps saying "WOW!" - exhibitors helping them out of the cars, exhibitors welcoming them with American pride to spare - they're howling and whistling - the dogs are barking....one of the veterans with artificial limbs - he's so excited to be there. Every vet is being applauded....---, I'm sitting here crying like a baby!!! Everyone falling in behind the vets with their flags - flags everywhere with the moon shining on them - Ray greeting everyone - the crowd going wild AGAIN...Jeff Brucker helping them out of the motorcade..Cindi Huckfeldt coming up behind - Ray introducing himself to them - one of the vets telling Ray "I hope we don't disappoint you!".....Bonnie trying to take pictures....Dobermans rode in the cars with them....one riding in front seat with her head out the window as the motorcade approached the hotel....Sam's there - the Mayor of Topeka speaking to the crowd - the crowd clapping and screaming approval....

The local American Legion provided all the flags...

Bonnie's cell phone bill rising...rising....out of this world!

More clapping and screaming and whistling....Sam Burke speaking to the crowd....

Jeff getting up to speak....

Cheri McNealy

....the band - with swords arched as the vets walk through on the red carpet to the hotel.

Some of the veterans are in tears. Crying.

Sandy Teague taking pictures....but it's getting darker....

They're all indoors now....one vet saying "I never expected anything like this...."
People shaking hands with them and thanking them.
One employee says she's been at that hotel for ten years and "This is the most moving thing I've ever seen".

Pictures coming of driveway lined with flags....
Local TV news - KSNT 27 News - interviewing Jeff Helsdon....Mimi Brown hanging out; Sharon Pflueger hanging out....dogs beginning to relax a bit....

Marj: It's Awesome! Bob Forsythe (former Marine Corp dog handler) and his wife, Jane, just arrived...

Awesome turnout - awesome welcome - May Jacobson...most of the Board members on hand....

Pictures coming...Bonnie's phone going dead and everyone moving inside.

Cheri McNealy

Hey all,
I'm sure in due time there will be more reports coming in about the Centennial Celebration in Kansas....and I know there are pictures coming from that event and others that we'll put up on the CD website as soon as we can.

In the meantime though - I just want to call attention, once again, to Mr. Jeff Helsdon - this whole Centennial dealie was his baby....from inception to implementation over the last year, Jeff has been at the helm - rain or shine - no matter how tired he might have been, or how overwhelming the task seemed. He never gave up - never let down - never backed off...he and his band of merry men and women - worked so hard to bring this most positive attention and HONOR to the DPCA and Doberman people...the sacrifice on their part, I'm sure, has been enormous. And I'd bet even knowing what they do now - all of them, including Jeff - would do it again in a heart beat.

From what I can tell - the evening will be a "once in a lifetime" memory for all in attendance and it will set the stage for the next 100 years of Dobermans in this country....it'll be a HARD ACT TO FOLLOW....if Jeff and his committee have any peers anywhere in the world (highly doubtful!), they must all be green with envy tonight....and proud all at the same time.

Hats off to Jeff Helsdon and the Centennial Committee for all they gave us, the veterans who fought for us all those years ago - and the Dobermans who stood by them - sometimes paying for the privilege with their lives.

We owe them all a debt of gratitude.

Cheri McNealy
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by ♥ Ch Francis.... THD CG, Oct 16 10:56 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Dogster, I am ashamed of your mailing!

Barked: Thu Oct 16, '08 10:44pm PST 
My email to HQ:
People who have properly trained service dogs know how this works and this is not how it works.

You are encouraging people to buy into a package that makes a mockery of the service true service dogs provide.

Too bad you didn't do something more PR oriented with a reputable service organization or group that trains service dogs. I see a future of Dogster community members taking their dogs into bars and claiming service or psychiatric service and the dogs are so poorly mannered or trained that they cause a problem.

Too bad. Hope you retract this in some way. It feels like a liability.

My response after their response:
I'm honestly flabbergasted by this choice of advertiser. I wasn't too happy about the Febreze and the spam but this tops it all. If I hadn't quit Plus before I would have definitely quit now.

I spend a lot of my free time working on legislation and "responsible dog ownership". I think you need to get more staff with experience from the responsible dog world and cat world rather than with perhaps impressive marketing and web experience.

If you are carving your niche to be the go to place for the dog and cat world people who love their pets- you have an obligation to that community. An obligation to do the responsible thing- like not promote advertisers who encourage people to work around the law.

On another note, on the times I do check the home page, blogs and such I see Dogster dabbling into the animal rights world and I think that you should instead be focussing on animal welfare. To know the difference see this slideshow:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqTZ7OVbDVs

Thanks John I still have hope that having someone who listens to the community as you do- that you can help your company do the right thing.
[notify]
» There has since been 41 posts. Last posting by Sachiko ~ In Memory~, Nov 3 2:09 pm

German Shepherd > Sniff Sniff....

Barked: Sat Mar 15, '08 6:18pm PST 
This version has video clips added.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5YEkgB_XUo

wink
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Rosie *FOUND*, Mar 16 4:00 am

Barked: Sat Mar 15, '08 5:09pm PST 
BOL Tessa- it's still around if you look close enough....

*hint hint
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Rosie *FOUND*, Mar 16 4:00 am

Barked: Sat Mar 15, '08 4:50pm PST 
Oh yeah I'm having trouble with video egg on my new mac so the video slideshow is only on you tube for now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1aOGGun9Jg
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Rosie *FOUND*, Mar 16 4:00 am

Barked: Sat Mar 15, '08 3:19pm PST 
Check my page in a bit for photos. Just have one on there now. Working on a movie slideshow of today.
Dutch is pawsome!!! Her Mom ROCKS!
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Rosie *FOUND*, Mar 16 4:00 am

Barked: Fri Mar 14, '08 2:45pm PST 
Thanks Kisses and Trixie- I feel all warm and fuzzy here already!

snoopy
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Rosie *FOUND*, Mar 16 4:00 am

Barked: Fri Mar 14, '08 2:24pm PST 
I promise not to bite too. I might have to sniff you Dutch to make sure you're ok. See you TOMORROW!!!!

Hi V&R!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by Rosie *FOUND*, Mar 16 4:00 am

Barked: Fri Mar 14, '08 2:02pm PST 
I know I'm not a GSD, but I'm German by origin.

Just poking out where a few of my pals are!!

wave
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by Rosie *FOUND*, Mar 16 4:00 am

(Page 1 of 100: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.