Postings by My Family

GO!

Akita > important question!

Kamii

Prissy Miss

Barked: Thu Nov 7, '13 1:21pm PST 
Thank you for setting me straight. I did mis read. But it is also because of all the wonderful people out there who are willing to take the time to post that my guys are so great. So with that said...my Kamii seems to not have the typical hind stance that her brothers have/had. As a matter of fact she is rather knocked kneed. She is scheduled for xrays on the 15th but I have neither met not spoken to anyone who has any idea why her leggs seemed to be a bit deformed. No pain to speak of but some trouple climbing in and out or up and down high places like jumping from the bed of the truck or climbing into the van. Her brother just jumps right over her and keeps going. When she walks she sort of switches like a girl due to her elbow position which seems to be a bit sideways. Any thoughts in your experience with the breed?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Nov 18 10:27 am

Akita > important question!
Kamii

Prissy Miss

Barked: Wed Nov 6, '13 5:40pm PST 
Hi, I am new to this forum but I have two Akitas. One girl 18months and one boy 8 months. The boy is my third Akita and seventh dog. My guys are really good and I spend quite a bit of time socializing and training. I typically buy/give them the same item but will not allow aggression under any circumstance. The play, romp, eat, drink etc together. I can start or stop rough play eating or releasing an item. It takes a lot of work and finding a good trainer to work with but it is definitely worth it. My girl Kamii right now is the more dominate of the two but incredibly good with kids. kodi bear was born a cautious pup and still is but with lots of training and social interaction he does well now and even has his canine good citizenship. But even with this I watch closely around kids. If you are willing to invest the time you won't be disappointed but if you are not a strong pack leader you would be better off not adding another. They deserve stability so choose wisely.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Nov 18 10:27 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.