Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  

Behavior & Training > Question
Hades

I will lick you- to death!

Barked: Thu Oct 17, '13 9:55am PST 
I had never heard that before. Yeah my dogs go naked at home as well (except for collars of course) but they don't escape or anything.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Oct 17 9:55 am

Behavior & Training > Question
Hades

Barked: Thu Oct 17, '13 9:01am PST 
I had a friend from work over to my house the other night and she kept asking me why my dogs weren't wearing their harnesses? Is this some kind of new thing that people keep their dogs in harnesses at home? What is the reasoning for this? She wasn't concerned with Penny not having her harness on just Hades and Athena? Could it be because they are big "scary" breeds? It struck me as odd and I wondered if anyone knew? I don't put their harnesses on them unless we are going for a walk or I have need to put their leashes on them.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Oct 17 9:55 am

Food & Nutrition > Blueberries

Penny Lane

I always get my- way!

Barked: Thu Oct 17, '13 8:36am PST 
Fox I was thinking of giving apples a try with the dogs maybe mix them into their kibble and see what they think. I know that I give them steamed green beans with their kibble they love them! I never thought to mix in fruit or use it as a treat until they busted into a container of blueberries. We haven't tried cranberries yet but I make a cranberry jelly so we will see what they think of those. big grinbig grin
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Oct 18 2:44 pm

Behavior & Training > Jumping

Penny Lane

I always get my- way!

Barked: Mon Oct 14, '13 9:56pm PST 
Thank you Zeea! We will give that a try!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Oct 17 5:32 pm

Penny Lane

I always get my- way!

Barked: Mon Oct 14, '13 10:56am PST 
Penny is my small dog laugh out loud my big ones don't jump. I have tried the bumping with her and it only seems to make her more determined. I have a much better handle on my big dogs than I do my little dog. My little Penny is turning out to be quite the challenge.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Oct 17 5:32 pm

Penny Lane

I always get my- way!

Barked: Mon Oct 14, '13 8:24am PST 
Well my Penny has proven to be a bit more of a challenge than my other two. Everyone said taking on a Rottie would be a huge difficulty and she would be hard to train blah,blah,blah. Athena is a lady and she listens well and was easily trained. Penny on the other hand is a hell hound laugh out loud she is trained to sit, stay, come, lay down etc but she jumps all over anyone that comes into the house. I have no idea how to break the habit. She is on the whole a good dog but she can be very stubborn. I work as hard with her as I do my other dogs and she is very smart and easily trained when she feels like it. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Oct 17 5:32 pm

Penny Lane

I always get my- way!

Barked: Mon Oct 14, '13 7:58am PST 
I am just glad that I have a Costco membership since it seems that blueberries are now a favorite laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Oct 18 2:44 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > The same litter?

Hades

Barked: Sat Oct 12, '13 8:39am PST 
Must be something in the air! My boyfriend and I were walking the dogs last night and we got asked if his dog (a pit boxer mix) was a litter mate to my Hades?! Really his dog is smaller and tan and white and Hades is all white and larger and clearly older! I just said no and moved along. I swear sometimes people don't even look at the dogs before they ask! I could see if they were the same color or the same size or whatever but they may as well have asked if Penny was Athena's littermate because they have the same coloring! I am sure that is coming!big laughbig laugh
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Oct 16 11:47 am

Penny Lane

I always get my- way!

Barked: Sat Oct 12, '13 8:31am PST 
Since I have discovered that blueberries are ok in small amounts I have started using them as training treats big grin with excellent results! My Athena is your typical stubborn Rot and I have been able to get her to stay (we had every other command down but Stay was just not happening) using blueberries! Who knew?? So I guess I will just keep them in the treat category because all three dogs love them!
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Oct 18 2:44 pm

Food & Nutrition > How much to feed?
Penny Lane

I always get my- way!

Barked: Sat Oct 12, '13 8:25am PST 
Thank you so much Benny and Maxwell! I can feel her bones but not see them and she is a pretty active puppy. I have two other large dogs and she is constantly playing with the younger one and she goes on two walks per day so maybe she needs a bit more than most pups her size? I certainly don't want her to be overweight but I want to make sure she gets enough. The other two are a good weight. I actually had to put a bit of weight on my Rottie because she was underweight (my ignorant ex BIL was not feeding her properly) now she is good. I guess I will just keep an eye on miss Penny and adjust as needed.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Oct 12 8:25 am

(Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.