Postings by Roxy's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

Raw Food Diet > Loose poops on a young puppy switched to raw
Roxy

Barked: Wed Aug 14, '13 1:57pm PST 
I started my pit-mix on raw when she was a puppy. Puppies can take variety much better and easier than adults. I had her on chicken, pork, beef, pork hearts, beef hearts, duck, and a variety of organs within a month. You may want to add more variet. Variety is very important with the raw diet to ensure they are getting a good balance of nutrients.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Roxy, Aug 14 1:57 pm

Food & Nutrition > How do i get my 11 month old pit bull to eat?
Roxy

Barked: Wed Aug 14, '13 1:48pm PST 
Maybe it's a pit-bull "thing". I had my 8mo pitty on Wellness Core, then my local petstore stopped carrying it, so I switched to Orijen. She would have nothing to do with it. Just a sniff and walk away. I gave her several days, then I gave in and found another petstore with Wellness Core. "sigh".
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Foxxy, Aug 15 5:08 pm

Raw Food Diet > Beginner's Guide To Prey Model Raw

Hula

This is MY- stuffie!

Barked: Tue Jun 4, '13 10:45am PST 
Bump!!puppy
[notify]
» There has since been -2 posts. Last posting by , Mar 13 1:59 am

Raw Food Diet > So you are interested in feeding raw ...

Hula

This is MY- stuffie!

Barked: Tue Jun 4, '13 10:44am PST 
Bump!!snoopy
[notify]
» There has since been -19913.8 posts. Last posting by Jasper, Today 10:18 am

Raw Food Diet > ground bone

Hula

This is MY- stuffie!

Barked: Tue Jun 4, '13 10:42am PST 
I was told the same thing about Hula. She had terrible allergies and was told by the vet that not only do I haev to buy Science Diet prescription food, but she will need steroid shots for the rest of her life. I knew there had to be a better way. I contact a friend of mine who has 2 pitties with allergies and she got me started on raw. I started with chicken quarters for the first two weeks then slowly added another meat while decreasing the chicken. After a month I started to slowly add organs. I've never ground bone for her and she's not had any issues. I avoid choking hazards like chicken necks, cut pork beck bones, and chicken wings. I also avoid weight bearing bones of bigger livestock because they can be teeth breakers. There are some great posts about starting raw feeding on this forum. I'll see if we can bump it up for you. It's been 1 1/2 years since we started and Hula has not been to the vet since.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Babe, Jun 5 4:52 am

Raw Food Diet > Bones
Hula

This is MY- stuffie!

Barked: Fri May 31, '13 11:32am PST 
Chicken, duck, pork ribs, rabbit.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Crash Dynamite, Jun 1 12:21 am

Food & Nutrition > Nature's Variety Instinct --> Dark green stools.

Hula

This is MY- stuffie!

Barked: Wed May 29, '13 8:18am PST 
I compaired the ingredients and Instinct has dried alfalfa as one of the top ingredients, then sea kelp a little further down. Acana does not have those ingredients. It's probably the alfalfa that's doing it.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Baby, May 30 3:09 pm

Raw Food Diet > What is your staple meat?

Roxy

Barked: Wed May 29, '13 8:07am PST 
Our staples are beef heart, pork heart, cheap beef roasts and pork roasts. Nothing ground.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Delta, Jun 28 1:48 pm

Raw Food Diet > you know you are a raw feeder when....

Hula

This is MY- stuffie!

Barked: Tue May 28, '13 7:10am PST 
When you do the happy dance because you found chicken feet and duck heads on special.hamster dance
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Hank, Jun 5 6:17 am

Puppy Place > First time puppy owner
Roxy

Barked: Wed May 15, '13 6:24am PST 
My Roxy is going to be spayed next week. They advised no playing, jumping romping etc. for 2 weeks after surgery. Maybe your Roxy just overdid it. I'm a big believer in crate training. Roxy was crated at night from the get go. Even though it was tough, I did not give her attention if she fussed about being in the crate. I didn't want to teach her that if she fussed, she would get attention. She only got attention when she was being calm and quiet. Rewarding the good behavior. I also gave her a stuffy, a soft blanket, and a hot water bottle - but be careful with the hot water bottle. Roxy chewed a hole in hers and soaked her crate!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Roxy, May 15 6:24 am

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.