Postings by Duncan's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Puppy Place > growling out of the blue
Duncan

Barked: Wed Sep 18, '13 11:22am PST 
Thanks guys! I was thinking frustration as well. I was cursing myself for not bringing treats LOL. Btw, vet said his tear ducts were blocked and infected so not contagious. Looking forward to being able to take him to the woods this weekend......we have a group of about 12-15 dogs/puppies who meet off leash every week. Dunc gets along with everyone and I wondered if the aggression had to do with him being on the leash when he met the dog in the vets office?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Jewel, PCD, Sep 18 2:07 pm

Puppy Place > growling out of the blue
Duncan

Barked: Wed Sep 18, '13 10:38am PST 
I had Duncan at the vet the other day. We were the only ones in the waiting room for a few mins so I let him wander and sniff then another dog came in and sat on the other side of the room. Duncan started crying and pulling...he wanted to go say "Hi". The mom said it would be fine but I held back since we were there for red drippy eyes and I wasn't sure if it was contagious or not. anyway, she understood and kept her dog at bay. Well Dunc went nutz! crying pulling howling....then barking and growling at the other dog. He sounded absolutely crazy and viscous! i was so embarrassed. They actually got up and waited outside. The vet brought us into the exam room and Dunc was back to his old goofy playful self. What do you think got into him? Should I be concerned?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Jewel, PCD, Sep 18 2:07 pm

Dog Health > There are worms coming out of my butt!!!!

Duncan

Barked: Tue Jun 4, '13 9:48am PST 
Mom thinks tapeworms - vet confirmed. Blech! The vet said I could have gotten them from eating cicadas? Is that really possible??
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Opheila, Jun 4 7:54 pm

Puppy Place > New puppy afraid to eat!

Duncan

Barked: Wed May 15, '13 5:16am PST 
Duncan ate from his bowl today without any issues!!!! Hopefully this is a break through and he'll continue in the future! blue dog
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Kali earned her wings 10/21/14, May 23 3:54 pm

Duncan

Barked: Tue May 14, '13 6:52am PST 
Actually the new bowl didn't change anything. What I've started doing now is feeding Tucker first then letting him outside while I feed Duncan. He's still a little skittish and gulps his food but I've added more water and that seems to slow him down. He's getting better though so hopefully this phase will pass soon. Thanks for thinking of him...
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Kali earned her wings 10/21/14, May 23 3:54 pm

Duncan

Barked: Fri May 10, '13 7:43am PST 
Thanks for the response!
Changing the bowl did cross my mind but I thought I was just being crazy thinking he was "afraid" of the bowl or what it could represent. I'll stop at petsmart on the way home and get him a new one. Teething could be a problem as well - didn't even think of that, but I already wet his food down and he eats frozen treats without obvious discomfort so that may not be it after all. Is it possible he just doesnt like the food anymore? (Nutro puppy food)
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Kali earned her wings 10/21/14, May 23 3:54 pm

Duncan

Barked: Fri May 10, '13 5:54am PST 
Well I fed them in different rooms today. Challenging since we have an open floor plan LOL. Duncan would NOT go anywhere near his bowl. He just sat a few feet away. I brought the bowl to him and he actually moved away. I made a path of food to the bowl which he did eat (very slowly) but when he reached the bowl he just sat down and looked at it. Tucker didn't bother him at all this morning. The kids feed him mid morning and they haven't reported any problems. Maybe he's just not that hungry at 7am? Hes about 4 months old now...is it possible he doesn't need to eat as much anymore? A week ago he was eating like a starving pup 3x a day. I'm at a loss. I'm so sad that I had to put the food away and leave for work without feeding him this morning. cry
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Kali earned her wings 10/21/14, May 23 3:54 pm

Duncan

Barked: Thu May 9, '13 4:38am PST 
I always feed the dogs on opposite sides of the room seperated by a counter. The other day Tucker, the older dog left his food bowl and came around and bullied Duncan with a growl and bark and stole his food!!! Now, duncan is skittish around his bowl. It takes forever for him to approach it, always looking over his shoulder he looks terrified. How can I get him over this? I don't want him to eat with all this anxiety.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Kali earned her wings 10/21/14, May 23 3:54 pm

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > Homemade Dog Treat Recipes! Please Share!

Duncan

Barked: Sun May 5, '13 4:23am PST 
I made the salmon treats!!! The dogs go nutz for them - frozen and defrosted! Thanks for the recipe! I'm going to try to make more homemade treats for them since its so easy. Any other favorites out there? I don't have a dehydrator or juicer though.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Spencer, Dec 30 2:15 am

Dog Health > Hot Spot/Acting Depressed
Duncan

Barked: Thu May 2, '13 5:59am PST 
How is she doing?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Maya, May 3 6:26 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.