Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Dog Health > Something is wrong with my chihauha
Romeo

Barked: Thu Aug 15, '13 8:38pm PST 
Romeo got the same exact way when I put Frontline on him. I had to wash him asap.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Aug 21 10:59 am

Dog Health > Had allergic reaction to rabies vaccine. Long term effects?
Romeo

Barked: Thu Aug 15, '13 8:37pm PST 
My Romeo had an allergic reaction to the rabies vaccine last time he had it. He wasn't nearly as bad but I never got him any type of vaccine after that. I took him for a checkup at a new vet I was seeing cause I had heard she was "supposed to be a good vet". Well, she asked me about vaccines when I took him in and I told her I would never get him any other vaccine. I told her how he had a reaction and with his heart murmur I wasn't risking the fact that he could just faint there and die on me. She was trying to force it by saying she could give him benadryl and whatever else ahead of time and I told her no.
I refuse to give any of my dogs (except my German Shepherd) any vaccines because of the horror stories. Kovu (GSD) gets his rabies because he could potentially bite someone.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Aug 17 11:20 pm

Food & Nutrition > Rawhides, antlers, pizzle, nylabones - HELP!!

Kovu

"Rub my tummy,- Pweeease?"

Barked: Thu Jul 4, '13 9:44pm PST 
Kovu loves the soup bones that you would get at the grocery store. They are filled with bone marrow and they can be chewed on forever!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jul 6 10:23 am

Dog Health > Hip Displasia???

Kovu

Barked: Sat Jun 22, '13 10:16pm PST 
My German Shepherd was just diagnosed with hip displasia. I've noticed he uses the front part of his body to lift himself up after laying down and doesn't put much pressure on the back legs.
I think I may have seen him limp a bit after laying down for a while. I'm not positive cause he just walks oddly in general.
Have you heard any cracking in his hips? When he lies down, does he plop down fast onto the floor as he's going to lay down?
Also, another sign is an unstable backend, very shakey.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jul 3 5:30 am

Dog Health > Comfortis fleat treatment - AWFUL side effects !

Romeo

Barked: Sat Jun 22, '13 1:31pm PST 
Never tried it but I now know not to! My Romeo had a realllly bad reaction to Frontine. He started going into some kind of paralysis at random times. This was about 12 hours after applying it. I had to wash the area as best as possible and he was better. It scared me to death though!
Thanks for posting!
[notify]
» There has since been 48 posts. Last posting by , Sat 9:07 am

Dog Health > Seresto flea and tick collar?
Kovu

Barked: Sat Jun 22, '13 1:23pm PST 
I've had the Seresto collar on Kovu since March and no signs of anything. =D
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jun 22 4:30 pm

Dog Health > Kovu was diagnosed with hip displasia at 2 years old!

Kovu

Barked: Sat Jun 22, '13 1:17pm PST 
My GSD is currently living with my grandmother because I can't have him at my apartment. =/ My fiance and I are in the process of looking for a house so we can bring him back home. A few weeks ago on a visit to see Kovu, My grandmother started telling me how she woke up in the middle of the night to him screaming in pain. Apparently this happened 2 weeks before the visit and she didn't tell me cause "he seemed fine and was only limping once in a while." Well, I could surely notice he wasn't putting any weight on his back leg AT ALL! So, I called the vet and took him in. They did xrays and quickly found out his hips are pretty bad. There were many options so we decided to put him on The Dosuquin supplement. She also gave us Rimadyl for when he is in a lot of pain. Now let me tell you, my grandmother believes in completely all natural things and tells me constantly that I should've never gave him Rimadyl because she read how a dog died from kidney failure for taking it for 3 days, and, also how the Dosuquin has some soy in it. (I've read some things too and I probably could've gone without the Rimadyl) He's been on the Dosuquin for a while now and isn't having any issues with limping or showing any discomfort.
I got Kovu from a friends friend who bred her dogs and didn't realize that with this breed, the parents should always be xrayed before being bred. Stupid me!
To the point, does anybody have any suggestions on a more natural supplement for the hips? I know the Dosuquin has been proven to work, but if anyone has used anything else that they know worked wonders for their dog, I'd love to know!
He is being fed Earthborn Holistic dry kibble when I don't get the Taste of the Wild, so I know there isn't any soy there.
I'm just about ready to go crazy cause I feel that she isn't giving him the Dosuquin cause it's "bad" and I don't want him to be in pain. confused
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jun 22 5:49 pm

Dog Health > Heart Murmur and Seizures?

Romeo

Barked: Fri Apr 19, '13 6:12pm PST 
Update on Romeo

I went to a few different vets to get multiple opinions on what was going on. The first vet that neutered him brought him out to me terrified saying "I can never put this dog under anesthesia ever again". I decided I was never going back to him because he had the nerve to continue with the surgery when he knew how bad his heart murmur was. I decided to go back to a vet I had taken my other dogs to in the past. She was very nice and after listening to the murmur more, rated it a 5 out 6, 6 being the worst. She tried medication but it was making him worse after a few months to the point he wanted to run around more and the more he did, the more episodes he had. She said that I could get an ultrasound but with him not being able to have anesthesia, he can't have surgery. I've decided to monitor his activity and he has been great! Every so often he will have an episode but not too often. puppy
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Apr 22 6:25 am

Food & Nutrition > Petcurean Market Fresh?

Romeo

Barked: Fri Apr 19, '13 5:57pm PST 
That's what I thought. I wanted to buy Acana but I figured this was good also just because it was made by the same company. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Apr 21 1:08 am

Food & Nutrition > Petcurean Market Fresh?
Romeo

Barked: Fri Apr 19, '13 4:38pm PST 
I was looking to pick up a bag of Acana or Orijen for the pups this weekend and I came across a newer bag next to Orijen. I was very disappointed with the Blue Buffalo Wilderness they were on since BB changed "companies". Romeo and Chanel would randomly get really bad diarhea and they never had table food. I knew something was wrong. I tried switching them slowly over to Wellness and it didn't go well with Romeo. I picked up this new food by the company that makes Acana and Orijen and they seem to love it! Anybody else try this food yet? I apologize if there is another post about this but I have yet to see one. =)
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Apr 21 1:08 am

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.