Postings by Jake & Sweet Caroline's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 89: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > Pale Gums & Not Really Eating
Jake & Sweet- Caroline

Tricolored- Hounds for life!

Barked: Thu May 29, '14 7:03am PST 
Mr. Beagle will be fine smile He was apparently had a really bad upset stomach and was a bit dehydrated. The vet gave him a shot for nausea and he was back to his usual self by yesterday morning smile
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jun 3 9:40 pm

Dog Health > Pale Gums & Not Really Eating
Jake & Sweet- Caroline

Barked: Tue May 27, '14 6:15pm PST 
Hello all,

I'm not too sure Mr. Beagle is doing good. He's been rather picky lately about food, not wanting to eat just about anything. He ate really good on Sunday but since yesterday he has refused to eat without some serious prompting. Even chicken fat and skins barely worked to get him to kind of eat.

I'm going to try a home boiled diet of fish and rice to ease his stomach tonight but other then that I'm starting to worry. He's had some serious hot spots lately and today I noticed his gums are paler then usual. He's still drinking water but eating not so much.

Any suggestions on what it might be? I know if i go into the vets office with out an idea they're going to want to run tests for everything.

thanks.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jun 3 9:40 pm

Food & Nutrition > I have been reduced to Science Diet >.

Jake & Sweet- Caroline

Barked: Mon May 12, '14 8:59pm PST 
Thanks for the suggestion. I fed Fromm when Jake was an only puppy. I will look into it.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Hershey, May 14 1:06 am

Food & Nutrition > I have been reduced to Science Diet >.

Jake & Sweet- Caroline

Barked: Mon May 12, '14 6:46pm PST 
Hello,

It has been some time since we were here. I'm very happy Dogster Is around for when i'm in times of peril * a tad dramatic*.

Jake and Caroline are doing well except for the odd fact that they refuse to eat any food but Ideal Balance. I went through every version of blue buffalo, Merrick, Wellness and Natural Balance and finally at wits end I let the lady who pushes science diet/ Ideal balance talk me into trying their food. I mean I got the largest bag for $35 but the whole way home and as my dogs eat this stuff. I just keep thinking to myself "WHY?"

Currently Sweet Caroline is eating the Mature Ideal Balance food, which looking at the ingredients I might as well just spoon feed her grass.

Jake is currently on the Ideal Balance Slim *something or another* it's for fat dogs since Jake has a bit of a weight issue.

I'm really at a loss for what to do since I don't really like to feed dog food period but now that they only want to eat this Science Diet food i'm a little silenced

Are there any other comparable foods that I haven't tried yet? i was hoping since I got them to eat this i could just slowly change them over to a different food. Or should I just wait it out and feed the science diet a while longer?

Any advice would be appreciated smile
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Hershey, May 14 1:06 am

Dog Health > Dog Seat Belts

Jake & Sweet- Caroline

Barked: Wed Jul 3, '13 6:15pm PST 
I use a Kurgo dog harness for jake and a Go-For seat restraint. I know for a fact it works. When i slid on black ice last year and slammed into a pole jake and I were fine. Had he not been restrained he probably would have flew into the window or something. he was scared but still in his restraint unable to run when i got out of the car to call my mom for help.

I've also been reared and forced to do quick stops with my dogs in the car. Without any type of restraint Jake typically will fly into the dash or something. So i use his kurgo harness and some form of quick restraint like the go fur or a car stratint to keep him in his seat.

Honestly though if the crash is bad enough even a seatbelt won't save you. It can actually kill you causing lung collapses and broken ribs.

But if you're worrying soley about keeping your dog in its seat or in a confinded space any car harness will work with a strap that connects to the seatbelt.

For caroline i just use some chain that's work grade holds over 1000lbs with a huge work grade hook on it. I pull the chain through her walking harness back restraint loop and it works just as good.

i use the harnesses mainly to keep my dogs in teh car and in a known location in the event of an accident. The worst thing i worry about is having to open the door and my dog runs out of hte car in fear and gets hit or runs off hurt.

+ in my state and city dogs are required to be retrained or you get a ticket.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jul 9 8:08 pm

Dog Health > 4th fight with Giardia
Jake & Sweet- Caroline

Barked: Wed Jul 3, '13 6:05pm PST 
OMG. I'm so sorry. i've been away so long and come back to see Ark is gone. I read though all 4 pages of this and i don't feel you are whiny at all. You are doing and did the best you could. Ark thanks you for that. It's hard to suddenly lose a friend. And it hurts and it sucks. It will be better with time.

When it comes to pressing issues espeically with paretns its not easy. My parents almost killed my cat that way. "Oh he's fine..." "He'll go to the bathroom tomorrow." And when i finally mustered up the courage to put my cat in the car and drive to the vet myself pre license only to be told he was dying. I was heart broken. Luckly my vet knew me and knew my parents and is a decent man. He put my cat through emergency surgery and he lived to see yet another day.

Jake, Caroline and I will always remember Ark. He seemed like a good dog and a good friend even if pleagued with health problems. We hope you are doing well. hugwisheshug

Fly free Ark Fly Free...little angel
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jul 9 8:23 pm

Food & Nutrition > Rawhides, antlers, pizzle, nylabones - HELP!!

Jake & Sweet- Caroline

Barked: Wed Jul 3, '13 5:50pm PST 
When I got jake an antler it came off a deers head. It was much larger thena anything you can get in a store. I had it cut so the marrow was showing. Jake chewed it a few times and then nothing more. But then again he only chews when bored or its food >.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Jul 6 10:23 am

Jake & Sweet- Caroline

Barked: Wed Jul 3, '13 3:44pm PST 
jake never cared much for the hard cheese chews unless i poped it in teh microwave. He loved it then. I thought that was funny. Caroline seems to like the antlers in the store but i worry about her teeth.

Where do you find large braided pizzle? i've only ever seen it with rawhide.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Jul 6 10:23 am

Food & Nutrition > How often and what?

Jake & Sweet- Caroline

Barked: Wed Jul 3, '13 3:43pm PST 
hey Charlie!

I feed my guys 2x a day when they eat dog food. Which right nowt hey are. Orijen is the name of the game for Jake and Caroline eats Steve's Real food.

Sweetie gets 1 cup of the nuggest in the morning and 1 cup at night.

Jake gets 1/2 cup in the morning and 1/2 cup at night. He's gotten a little porky from eating all caroline's food before i put her on Steve's so he's in the middle of loosing some weight.

When they ate raw or when i decide its a raw day. they only eat 1x a day. Usually when i get home from work.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jul 4 6:32 pm

Jake & Sweet- Caroline

Barked: Wed Jul 3, '13 3:30pm PST 
So I'm back after a long time away. Broken computer long story >.<

I found myself the other night so tempted to buy rawhides for Jake and Caroline. I know i shouldn't. I know they're dangerous and becasue of the issues rawhides gave me with jake i didn't guy them.

But i need some help with some long lasting treats. Jake powers through twin hooves, hooves, pig ears, tendons and pizzle in less then 15-20 minutes.

and caroline doesn't seem to care for thigns that aren't Check-ups or those "Greenie" type biscuits.

Any suggestions would be great. I'm totally out of ideas.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Jul 6 10:23 am

(Page 1 of 89: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.