Postings by Jake & Sweet Caroline's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 89: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > Dog Seat Belts
Jake & Sweet- Caroline

Tricolored- Hounds for life!

Barked: Wed Jul 3, '13 6:15pm PST 
I use a Kurgo dog harness for jake and a Go-For seat restraint. I know for a fact it works. When i slid on black ice last year and slammed into a pole jake and I were fine. Had he not been restrained he probably would have flew into the window or something. he was scared but still in his restraint unable to run when i got out of the car to call my mom for help.

I've also been reared and forced to do quick stops with my dogs in the car. Without any type of restraint Jake typically will fly into the dash or something. So i use his kurgo harness and some form of quick restraint like the go fur or a car stratint to keep him in his seat.

Honestly though if the crash is bad enough even a seatbelt won't save you. It can actually kill you causing lung collapses and broken ribs.

But if you're worrying soley about keeping your dog in its seat or in a confinded space any car harness will work with a strap that connects to the seatbelt.

For caroline i just use some chain that's work grade holds over 1000lbs with a huge work grade hook on it. I pull the chain through her walking harness back restraint loop and it works just as good.

i use the harnesses mainly to keep my dogs in teh car and in a known location in the event of an accident. The worst thing i worry about is having to open the door and my dog runs out of hte car in fear and gets hit or runs off hurt.

+ in my state and city dogs are required to be retrained or you get a ticket.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jul 9 8:08 pm

Dog Health > 4th fight with Giardia
Jake & Sweet- Caroline

Barked: Wed Jul 3, '13 6:05pm PST 
OMG. I'm so sorry. i've been away so long and come back to see Ark is gone. I read though all 4 pages of this and i don't feel you are whiny at all. You are doing and did the best you could. Ark thanks you for that. It's hard to suddenly lose a friend. And it hurts and it sucks. It will be better with time.

When it comes to pressing issues espeically with paretns its not easy. My parents almost killed my cat that way. "Oh he's fine..." "He'll go to the bathroom tomorrow." And when i finally mustered up the courage to put my cat in the car and drive to the vet myself pre license only to be told he was dying. I was heart broken. Luckly my vet knew me and knew my parents and is a decent man. He put my cat through emergency surgery and he lived to see yet another day.

Jake, Caroline and I will always remember Ark. He seemed like a good dog and a good friend even if pleagued with health problems. We hope you are doing well. hugwisheshug

Fly free Ark Fly Free...little angel
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jul 9 8:23 pm

Food & Nutrition > Rawhides, antlers, pizzle, nylabones - HELP!!

Jake & Sweet- Caroline

Barked: Wed Jul 3, '13 5:50pm PST 
When I got jake an antler it came off a deers head. It was much larger thena anything you can get in a store. I had it cut so the marrow was showing. Jake chewed it a few times and then nothing more. But then again he only chews when bored or its food >.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Jul 6 10:23 am

Jake & Sweet- Caroline

Barked: Wed Jul 3, '13 3:44pm PST 
jake never cared much for the hard cheese chews unless i poped it in teh microwave. He loved it then. I thought that was funny. Caroline seems to like the antlers in the store but i worry about her teeth.

Where do you find large braided pizzle? i've only ever seen it with rawhide.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Jul 6 10:23 am

Food & Nutrition > How often and what?

Jake & Sweet- Caroline

Barked: Wed Jul 3, '13 3:43pm PST 
hey Charlie!

I feed my guys 2x a day when they eat dog food. Which right nowt hey are. Orijen is the name of the game for Jake and Caroline eats Steve's Real food.

Sweetie gets 1 cup of the nuggest in the morning and 1 cup at night.

Jake gets 1/2 cup in the morning and 1/2 cup at night. He's gotten a little porky from eating all caroline's food before i put her on Steve's so he's in the middle of loosing some weight.

When they ate raw or when i decide its a raw day. they only eat 1x a day. Usually when i get home from work.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jul 4 6:32 pm

Jake & Sweet- Caroline

Barked: Wed Jul 3, '13 3:30pm PST 
So I'm back after a long time away. Broken computer long story >.<

I found myself the other night so tempted to buy rawhides for Jake and Caroline. I know i shouldn't. I know they're dangerous and becasue of the issues rawhides gave me with jake i didn't guy them.

But i need some help with some long lasting treats. Jake powers through twin hooves, hooves, pig ears, tendons and pizzle in less then 15-20 minutes.

and caroline doesn't seem to care for thigns that aren't Check-ups or those "Greenie" type biscuits.

Any suggestions would be great. I'm totally out of ideas.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Jul 6 10:23 am

Raw Food Diet > Steve's Real Food? - Anyone have experience?

Mr. Jake the- Beagle

I am Murphy's- Law Embodied! <3- Me!

Barked: Sun Jun 2, '13 7:59pm PST 
Hello all ! party

We've been gone for quite a while. Mom has been busy running two jobs and school and then weekends is obedience classes again red face since I seem to be regressing and then Sweetie has some other courses she has to do to. Go figure right.

Anyway we had some issues with Sweetie and bone content for home made raw food so mom kind of gave up. She put us back on dog food for a while since her schedule was crazy. I'm still stuck eating Nutrica from Dogswell... and Sweetie was eating I and Love and You.

Our neighbor's dog didn't like this food called "Stevie's Real Food" Beef and so she gave it to our mom. It says its a premade pour and serve dog food.

Anyone know anything about it? Or have experience with it?

This it the first food Sweetie is eating without having to doctor it up with salmon sauce and stuff. :C Though that mean now i can't eat her food anymore.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Poppy, Jun 3 12:44 am

Sports & Agility > FINALLY!! SOMETHING HE'S GREAT AT!!! - Scent Work & Mr. Beagle

Jake & Sweet- Caroline

Barked: Mon May 27, '13 10:47pm PST 
i wish jake could do agility. Currently we're doing private obedience lessons again because Jake is too spastic to deal with an actual agility class. >.> But in private lessons he's rather good at it.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Lenny, May 28 1:50 pm

Sports & Agility > FINALLY!! SOMETHING HE'S GREAT AT!!! - Scent Work & Mr. Beagle

Jake & Sweet- Caroline

Barked: Sun May 26, '13 1:06am PST 
FINALLY!!! happy dance

So i finally got around to taking jake and Sweet Caroline to Nosework classes. And to no real surprise to me they blew their classmates away in speed and accuracy of finding the treats.

For those who do scent work with their dogs does it help increase their confidence and attetion spans?

Jake as the attention span of a squirrel on meth when we're in the training space. But as soon as he gets the "Go Find it." he takes off and leads me right to the scented box.

Sorry I just had to share this. I'm just so happy I found something my boy is good at.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Lenny, May 28 1:50 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > My dog bit a small dog
Mr. Jake the- Beagle

I am Murphy's- Law Embodied! <3- Me!

Barked: Sun May 5, '13 5:52pm PST 
so happy you were able to find a solution for your problem.

Things will most likely be okay from now on.

Good luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Harley, May 8 2:02 am

(Page 1 of 89: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.