GO!

(Page 1 of 93: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > Second Wind? Eating more and chasing the cat
Mr. Jake the- Beagle

I am Murphy's- Law Embodied! <3- Me!

Barked: Sun Aug 16, '15 8:30pm PST 
Hey Everyone,

Jake went to the vet yesterday and got another ultra sound. It appears his tumor has stopped growing for the moment. dancing But the damage it has done to his bladder has caused the beginning of calcification of the scar tissue. The vet still seems surprised he's eating well 1-2 cans of food a day and 1/2 cups of kibble.

Jake is now eating EVO Turkey and Chicken small bites and EVO whatever flavor canned food smile He eats all three the Turkey/Chicken, Duck and Beef. When I think he doesn't really want to eat he eats EVO Turkey/Chicken cat food with wet dog food. And of course he eats that.

Jake is having less accidents but has no serious problem peeing or pooping aside from the usual so his vet thinks that great. At our next ultra sound we'll be doing blood to make sure the proxicam isn't hurting Jake's Liver or Kidneys.

Anyone have any ideas how to slow down the calcium deposits in Jake's bladder?

Otherwise we're doing good. one day at a time. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by George, Wed 1:21 am

Raw Food Diet > Any Raw Feeders left?
Mr. Jake the- Beagle

Barked: Sun Aug 16, '15 8:12pm PST 
Thanks for the responses I was just wondering if people were here.

I owe dogster my life with Jake so I don't think we're going anywhere anytime soon smile
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Yoshi, Fri 6:52 pm

Mr. Jake the- Beagle

Barked: Fri Aug 7, '15 3:40pm PST 
Hi Yoshi,

I didn't choose to take Caroline or Jake off raw because it did anything bad. Quite the opposite. Jake was very healthy when I fed raw. He was a raw only dog for almost two years. Only in the last 9 months of feeding store bought kibble, though good brands have I had any health problems with Jake including the cancer issue we have now.

I would still be feeding Jake raw if I wasn't living with my grandparents who don't want raw fed dogs in the house. I had planned on returning to it with Jake after we moved. But for now we're sticking with EVO since the Holistic vet said a raw diet would be better as its 0 carbs and cancer cells loves carbs.

I was asking since I wanted to know if any of the guys like Maxwell were still around if not I was wondering where they went. I'm going to have to look for a new Raw feeding group at this point it looks like.

frown oh well. It was a good thing while it lasted unless someone else who feeds raw is here?
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Yoshi, Fri 6:52 pm

Jake & Sweet- Caroline

Tricolored- Hounds for life!

Barked: Thu Aug 6, '15 3:53pm PST 
Hey Guys?

Is there still a raw feeding group on this site? I haven't seen movement in months from you guys.

Even though I don't feed raw now I did and found a lot of support in this community for Jake and I.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Yoshi, Fri 6:52 pm

Mr. Jake the- Beagle

Barked: Thu Aug 6, '15 3:44pm PST 
Hi All,

I give Jake a mixture of herbal suppliments including echinacea, turmeric cuncumin (the extract from cumin that helps with inflammation, Jake gets freshly prepared Essiac tea and now he gets 2-3 essiac tea pills a day. There's also the vetriscience 440 cell advance pills.

Basically I went online and typed in Dog with Prostate cancer and these are various supplements I found that could be used.

The Essiac tea is used in humans and some swear it "cured" their animals of bone cancer and other forms of cancer. Humans swear it cures or at least impeeds growth of cancer. But studies done on mice were inconclusive. Studies done on human prostate cancer had promising results. I encourage you to do your own research if considering Essiac tea through. I'm doing everything I can for jake and it seems to be working at the moment.

I'm just happy Jake seems better. We went for a walk yesterday and actually made it around the block. Just two weeks ago jake made it 5 houses before calling it quits for exhaustion. He didn't even care when another dog crossed the street. But yesterday he was back to his old self of sniffing out the car window (rolled down but his head can't get out just the tip of his nose). I'm just happy to have my buddy back at least for a bit longer smile
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by George, Wed 1:21 am

Dog Health > Holistic Vet Advice seeing vet tomorrow 8/5/15
Mr. Jake the- Beagle

Barked: Thu Aug 6, '15 3:38pm PST 
Hi Guys,

The Holistic Vet visit went pretty well. We're going to be starting a mixture of chinese herbs and some chinese mushrooms also. At this point it's all about how much Jake is willing to endure.

He has an ultrasound next week to check the growth of the prostate. Even with everything going as well as it is. And it is going well. Jake is back to his old self again if I see the tumor has grown so large that it's blocking his urethra or bowels then that's it.

But for now everything is going well and our visit was good.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Yoshi, Aug 6 6:45 pm

Dog Health > Holistic Vet Advice seeing vet tomorrow 8/5/15

Mr. Jake the- Beagle

Barked: Tue Aug 4, '15 3:57pm PST 
Hello All,

Mr. Beagle is getting better by the day. We go next Saturday to see if the tumor has shrunk any. For now the treatment of herbs and tea I've been giving him along with the proxicam seem to be helping.

We are going to see a Holistic vet for the first time since there's one not to far from his regular vet that has rave reviews.

What do I need to bring to our first visit? Should I bring the supplements I've been giving him? Or just wait and see what he tells me?

I have very little experience with the whole holistic process.

We're going to see him tomorrow.

From,

Mr Beagle and his mom.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Yoshi, Aug 6 6:45 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Dog breeds good with cats and good for older dogs

Jake & Sweet- Caroline

Barked: Wed Jul 29, '15 10:36pm PST 
Thanks for the advice. I was looking at dogs just today on petfinder and found myself saying "sigh not one of these dogs is Jake" and was totally disinterested. I know its wrong to say that they're not jake but they're not T.T. So that didn't go well.

Jake appears to still have some life in in him so we're doing a touch and go. Based on his eliminations. >.<

I think i will look for foster or adoption or breeders with cats in the home. I still don't know how to get past "oh its not Jake." I mean Mr. Beagle isn't gone yet but I find myself looking for him in other dogs in healthy dogs. Stupid cancer >.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Lisa, Aug 5 4:42 pm

Mr. Jake the- Beagle

Barked: Wed Jul 29, '15 10:07pm PST 
Mr. Beagle got wind that Friday was his last day and he doesn't seem to want to go into the good night without a fight. After realizing I couldn't get emotional and just give up on Jake. I went online and did some research and found a "miracle" tea and started giving it to Jake along withe the doctor perscribed proxicam.

Is it normal for dogs close to death to have "second winds"? were it seems like they're back to normal?

I have changed jake to eating Instinct Limited Ingredient food. I'm debating Stella and Chewies. He doesn't seem ready to give up. Just today he found the energy to chase Jaxs through the bars of his kennel.dogkitty he hasn't been leaking urine as often but he's peeing okay (better then before but still not a strong steam).

Right now Jake is eating 2-3 cans of wet food a day. This is more then he's eatten in weeks in a single day. He also gets 1/4 of a Fresh Pets grain free beef and cranberry roll.

He's pooping a bit better too. I have ordered some Cell Advanced Pills also and will begin Jake on those as well as a renal support suppliment.

His vet says though the prognosis isn't good Jake has already lived past the 30 day sentence most dogs have when they have Prostate Cancer.

So we will continue to go forward. Our vet will help Jake with acupuncture, I will keep supplimenting with tumeric curcumin, echinacea, the renal suppliment, the tea pills, fresh tea and the cell advance. He will have bi monthly ultrasounds to monitor the tumors growth. Once he can no longer relieve himself the vet and I have decided it's time (for good_.

This is a crazy chase Jake has put me on. And I guess he's not ready to call it quits yet. So we're taking it day to day.

Today has been a good day smile
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by George, Wed 1:21 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Dog breeds good with cats and good for older dogs
Jake & Sweet- Caroline

Barked: Mon Jul 27, '15 12:50pm PST 
Not a big fan of poms. All the ones I've known had bad breath and were yippy.
I'm leaning towards a poodle or something like that. I don't think a pound rescue will work this time because of Jaxs. Can't risk him getting mauled by a dog. So I'll probably go the proper breed related rescue way this time or something like Best Friends a society. That's why I'm looking for breed suggestions.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Lisa, Aug 5 4:42 pm

(Page 1 of 93: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.