Postings by Sweet Caroline's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 94: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Food & Nutrition > Grinding kibble?
Sweet- Caroline

A Sweet Older- Lady

Barked: Fri Dec 18, '15 3:55pm PST 
Surprisingly grinding it made her less interested. I ended up changing foods entirely to Canade and I haven't had any issues. She eats the canade chicken with the Natural Balance rolls grated on top with no issues. And I'm happy since Canade is cheaper then the other brands I tired to get her to eat.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sweet Caroline, Dec 18 3:55 pm

Food & Nutrition > Grinding kibble?
Sweet- Caroline

A Sweet Older- Lady

Barked: Wed Dec 9, '15 9:08pm PST 
Will grinding Carolines kibble make it more likely she'll eat? Currently we are "fighting " she licks all the wet food and spits the kibble out some days and other days eats it all and other days won't eat anything but some Natural Balance Roll slices I have for dog training.

Do you think if I grind the appropriate amount of kibble ans combined with wet food she's more likely to eat it?

Or welcoming any other ideas.

Thanks smile
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Sweet Caroline, Dec 18 3:55 pm

Dog Health > Hard skin with greenish tint near hotspot

Sweet- Caroline

A Sweet Older- Lady

Barked: Wed Dec 9, '15 9:02pm PST 
Thanks for responding. The tiny hotspot turned out to be a huge portion of her leg. The fur is just now growing back. She was antibiotics for 2 weeks and had a spray for the wound.

The vet felt it was my initial separation of her and my now passed Mr. Beagle whom she'd not been apart of ever in the two years we lived together.

She made a full recovery thankfully.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kali earned her wings 10/21/14, Dec 10 3:51 am

Dog Laws & Legislation > my thoughts on apartment pet deposits

Jake & Sweet- Caroline

Tricolored- Hounds for life!

Barked: Tue Oct 27, '15 11:38am PST 
Becuase dogs good and bar sometimes intentionally or unintentional damage things in apartments such as carpets,doors, hardwood floor, or they leave lingering odors that must be professionally cleaned out of yards or flooring. Pet deposits cover that. Where i live in Ca pet rent is often non refundable. When Jake live i paid at one place $600 non refundable deposit Plus $50 a month. And when i added Caroline it was another $500 no refund and 25 a month . He gave me a discount because he had a soft spot for Bassets.

Pet rent and Pet deposits are r eally just apart of Pet ownership. Though ive never seen child separate rent but have seen child deposits before.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Yoshi, Nov 2 6:45 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > And So It ended 10.02.2015

Jake & Sweet- Caroline

Tricolored- Hounds for life!

Barked: Tue Oct 27, '15 11:30am PST 
THanks for all your replies and well wishes. Jake is home now with his place on the bookshelf next to his photograph and pawprint. I reflect on him and our time together daily. That crazy dog really changed my life. He went from Being that dog, to my dog, to one of my best friends.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Reina, Nov 1 5:37 pm

Dog Health > Second Wind? Eating more and chasing the cat
Jake Earned- his wings- 10.02.15

I am Murphy's- Law Embodied! <3- Me!

Barked: Mon Oct 5, '15 5:13pm PST 
Jake and I went to the vet on 10.02.2015 and I had to send him on to glory frown

He went without pain at my side after a good day.

Thank you for all the support and love from the community during this hard time for me and my fur family.

From,

Jordan, Jake's Mom.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Jasper, Oct 28 2:41 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > And So It ended 10.02.2015

Barked: Mon Oct 5, '15 5:10pm PST 
And So my journey with Jake has ended. I sent him on ahead on October 2nd, 2015. He went lovingly by my side with the aid of our vet so that he wouldn't have to suffer anymore.

I think Jake deeply understood as he was in such high spirits all day despite earlier in the week having a string of bad days. He ate his breakfast no problem even though he was not hunger for the last few days. He had basically stopped eating. Even cat food wasn't working anymore.

He took his pain meds like a champ and rolled around on the carpet showing me he was happy. I told him in a happy voice. "Well today's the day isn't it?" and he seemed to know. He went to daycare, I had told them the day before that the 2nd was going to be his last day.

He got a good bath to bring the white back to his coat and to get rid of most of the staining and so he smelt nice and clean. Jake's incontinence made weekly baths a reality for us.

I went to work. he went to daycare. They made his last day very special. smile

When it came time to pick him up they waved his entire stay and Caroline's too. Then we went. We arrived early and we sat in the car and I talked to him and to Caroline and took some final pictures.

Jake decorated the office with little puddles of pee as was his norm during vet visits. The staff joked he was going out like a rock star and I agreed letting him do as he wanted.

The vet staff gave him good bye hugs and pets and then to my surprise my personal vet was there. He is off on Fridays but he came in just for us. smile

He sat with me and we talked for a few minutes after I paid for Jake's final expenses. WE talked about that it was time and that I was ready and he was ready. Then we sat on the floor and I called jake over. He sat next to me and laid down. I pet him throughout the process and talked to him even long after he was gone.

I thanked him for sharing his life with me and told him to come back and find me again when he was ready. Since i believe that souls recycle and come through the process many times. I know he found me in this life this time for a reason and I will await the next time we're together again.

He went without pain and in my loving arms. Something I was very happy to have given him.

Now I want to thank everyone on Dogster. It was Dogster whom 3+ years ago convinced me to keep a dog that ate through doors, didn't listen and was generally an anxious mess and turn him to and Canine Good Citizen that doubled as an ESA and was loved by many.

So thank you dogster for giving Jake and I a chance to be together and giving me the guidance any 1st time dog owner should have.

This is a thank you from the bottom of my heart to both Dogster and Jake.

THANK YOU big hug
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Reina, Nov 1 5:37 pm

Dog Health > Second Wind? Eating more and chasing the cat

Barked: Tue Sep 22, '15 10:39pm PST 
Update::::

Jake had a mass removed last Sunday and is currently sporting a cone of shame. We have changed his proxicam to every other day and he's getting vet provided Sub q injections. ( thank you pet insurance )

Hopefully ill be able to post what his exact condition if the mass gives some results.

For now though Jake only wants to eat pro plan by Purina can someone explain why? ? @- @
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Jasper, Oct 28 2:41 am

Dog Health > Senior dog with heart murmur, second opinion?

Sweet- Caroline

A Sweet Older- Lady

Barked: Tue Sep 22, '15 10:35pm PST 
Sweet Caroline has a grade 2-3 heart murmur since the day I adopted her a little over 2 years ago now. She's roughly 11-13 years old and a basset hound.

The first time I heard she had a heart murmur I freaked out and paid for the expensive EKG and what not. But in all our time together she's only coughed 2x and both those times were from inhaling food not from her heart.

I would take her to various vets knowing all her ailments in advance and let the vet tell me what they thought was wrong with her.

Carolines murmur is pretty loud l, I've heard it with a stethoscope. And out of the 6 vets I've had in the last 2 years only 1 gave her a clean bill of health aka no heart murmur. I never stepped foot in that clinic again. Even the shot clinics vets could heart it.

My best advice to you is see another vet but don't mention the heart murmur. Let them do a physical which includes listening to the heart and lungs and see what they tell you unprompted and unbiased.

Fyi: Caroline has a murmur and still runs around, eats a lot including weird things from time to time, and doesn't cough or have fluid build up.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Lucas (My Gentle Angel), Jan 11 10:38 pm

Dog Health > Hard skin with greenish tint near hotspot
Sweet- Caroline

A Sweet Older- Lady

Barked: Fri Sep 18, '15 7:33pm PST 
Hi all,

Sweet Caroline has a hot spot. Or at least I think it's a hot spot. It's got a huge about 3inch in diameter hard mass under it that feels like a disk or a scab. I'm not quite sure what it is. We're going to the vet Sunday at the earliest available appointment. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what it could be?

Sorry for formatting issues sent from phone.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Kali earned her wings 10/21/14, Dec 10 3:51 am

(Page 1 of 94: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.