Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Food & Nutrition > No idea what to feed my dog
Hoss

Hoss the Boss

Barked: Tue May 14, '13 8:57am PST 
There has been a lot of bad hype about Blue buffalo but it is just that. I think it is a good food and feed it to my dog. I have however heard many bad things about TOTW and they just had another food recall, one of several. It seems to be a problem from the plant that makes it as they had to recall all foods made in this company and it isn't the first time. You should look at these sites

http://www.petsumerreport.com/

Another good site on facebook is
https://www.facebook.com/wholedogjournal

Good luck with your dog, finding a food that works and isn't recalled seems to be harder and harder these days.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , May 23 1:59 pm

Dog Health > Advice please my puppy is missing toes
Hoss

Hoss the Boss

Barked: Fri Apr 5, '13 7:04am PST 
Belle is a beauty and I am glad you aren't bringing her back as they will probably just throw her in a cage and breed her to death. but like others have said I would report it. It does look like she is missing toes, possibly from the cage or a birth defect, just love her to death and be happy you rescued her.

My insurance has you do a ortho exam from the vet to check for any pre existing hip problems. We passed. It is possible Hoss is from a back your breeder also. You look into those big brown eyes and fall in love, how could you not, how could you return her. Best of luck to your little beauty.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Apr 8 11:32 pm

Dog Health > Advice please my puppy is missing toes

Hoss

Hoss the Boss

Barked: Thu Apr 4, '13 6:51am PST 
This might be a good place to educate people against puppy mills. My state is the 2nd highest state with puppy mills. Those pet store cute little puppies come from them and believe me, they are only bred for money, not for healthy puppies as you have found out. Please everyone, visit this site, https://www.facebook.com/IowaVotersForCompanionAnimals, and become active in shutting these places down. We all love animals here, lets fight for their protection.
[notify]
» There has since been 30 posts. Last posting by , Apr 8 11:32 pm

Food & Nutrition > Grass?

Hoss

Hoss the Boss

Barked: Sun Mar 31, '13 6:47am PST 
One thing I just read and always suspected is that treated grass is bad for dogs and linked to lymphoma, I am sure cats would also have problems. And if you grass is sprayed then eating it would be bad. I think many of the skin issues dogs have might be linked to chemically sprayed grass.

I have a chemical free lawn, and it looks like it,LOL but I know it is safe for Hoss to graze on as he loves to eat grass.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Apr 6 2:12 am

Food & Nutrition > Buy Dog food Online

Hoss

Hoss the Boss

Barked: Wed Mar 27, '13 6:44am PST 
Something to think about with a better food, you will be feeding less since most is digested and in the long run your dog will be healthier, which will save you money.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Apr 17 2:21 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > $3,000 to $8,500 for a Chow Chow?
Hoss

Hoss the Boss

Barked: Sat Mar 16, '13 5:48am PST 
If you buy a puppy from a pet store in this town or near by you will be getting a puppy mill baby where all the dogs are bred under deplorable conditions. And paying top dollar. It makes me so angry what people will do for a buck. If you want a pure bred puppy always research your breeder, visit them, ask for references and make sure they do health testing. Especially if your going to pay those higher prices.

I prefer rescuing or adopting from the shelter myself. Saving a life because some pet owner didn't know how much work they would be, or didn't have time for, or the one I see the most, he needs room to run. Sigh. Research any dog at any price before you get one.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Apr 8 10:34 pm

Dog Health > Bella collaspsed again :(

Hoss

Hoss the Boss

Barked: Fri Mar 15, '13 8:08am PST 
My old dog suddenly started collapsing and losing weight. The vet found a spleen tumor. After her collapse she would be fine but the weight just fell off her. She ate great until the end. Have they checked the abdomen for any masses? Here are the symptoms for Hemangiosarcoma

Weight loss
Weakness
Lameness
Intermittent collapse
Muscle incoordination (ataxia)
Partial loss of movement (paresis)
Seizures
Dementia
Pale mucous membranes
Rapid heartbeat (tachycardia)
Abdominal (peritoneal) fluid
Palpable abdominal mass
Acute blood loss (often fatal)

Zoey had every single one of these symptoms except the last.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Mar 16 2:59 pm

Behavior & Training > If Your Dog Were a Human...creative writing...

Hoss

Hoss the Boss

Barked: Tue Mar 12, '13 8:51am PST 
Hoss would be like John Belushi, always ready to party but from partying hard, needing lots of sleep. Sloppy eating with food flying all over but completely lovable. You can't help but like him even with his slovenly habits.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Mar 12 8:51 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Calling all Designer Dogs/ Unique Combinations of dogs

Hoss

Hoss the Boss

Barked: Thu Mar 7, '13 8:13am PST 
One of the ladies I worked with bought a puppy for $500 and called it a cocker poo. Say What! They were mutts when I was growing up and my old one was free. Super smart and cute, but seriously, not a breed. Now with Hoss they want to call him a Bulloxer but he also is, don't tell him, a mutt. Cute as can be but still. We have a puppy mill in town here that breeds all kinds of these hybreeds. It should be shut down and is terrible the way these poor dogs live. They should be shut down and forced to work in a shelter.
[notify]
» There has since been 46 posts. Last posting by , Mar 10 10:42 pm

Behavior & Training > How do you stop a Dog fight?
Hoss

Hoss the Boss

Barked: Wed Mar 6, '13 6:39am PST 
Well, in the ideal world you would both call your dogs, they would stop and both return instantly to you. Ha, wouldn't that be great. This is why I never go to dog parks anymore. I know how my dog is trained and what to expect, I don't know what type of training if any the other dogs have been through so I just can't risk my dog. I am not sure how to safely break up the fight, I know you never grab them. Sorry this happened to you.
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by , Mar 9 10:23 am

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.