Postings by My Family

GO!

Raw Food Diet > Grinding Raw Bones

Pedro

Barked: Sun Feb 17, '13 7:15am PST 
Unfortunately I do need to grind the bones not just because the dogs are 4 and 5 lbs but the smaller one has no teeth frown

He is a rescue and was not taken well care of previously. So he can only handle soft food or very small particles or harder things which he has to basically swallow whole.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Feb 17 4:36 pm

Raw Food Diet > Grinding Raw Bones
Pedro

Barked: Wed Feb 13, '13 7:07pm PST 
Hello,

I'm new to dogster and new to the do it yourself raw. A little history- I have been feeding Pedro a raw organic diet from DarwinsPet.com for about 6 mos and its going great. However 108$ per 20lbs order for one dog is too much, especially since I'm wanting to switch my other chihuahua and my upcoming rottweiler puppy to that as well.

Since my dogs are small I need to grind the bones. Any experience using the KitchenAid mixer attachment for this? Any suggestions? I found an old thread with this topic from 2010, but would love some updated advice!
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Feb 17 4:36 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.