Postings by Colt's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Dog characters in TV & movies
Colt

A cute little- devil.

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '13 5:31pm PST 
Since my dog is a Shetland sheepdog, the first character that comes to people's minds when they see him is Lassie big grin Which is why everyone thinks he must be a patient, calm, friendly female. Well, actually he's a boy, and somewhat aggressive towards strangers. shh

I haven't watched the Lassie movies in years, so I don't remember exactly how she behaved. If I remember correctly, she behaved very much like a real dog, but much smarter and more dedicated than most dogs. Don't quote me on that, though. Maybe I should re-watch those soon. way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Colt, Feb 12 5:31 pm

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > A little venting about Online Attitudes
Colt

A cute little- devil.

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '13 5:22pm PST 
I've never personally been the victim of internet nastiness, probably because I lurked on the dog side of the internet as a kid for years before my parents let me actually post. I guess I figured out how people react to certain words.

I think its one thing when someone posts, say for example, "I chain up my dog," and leaves it at that. I don't think nasty remarks are warranted or helpful, but I understand why people feel the need to post them. But why, when you make it clear in that same post that you tether out of necessity and not for long periods of time, why do they need to tell you how bad neglectful chaining is? It's obvious that you already know... (yes, my dog gets tied up, and he's very well taken care of, thank you).

One thing to consider is that most of the people on the internet are terrible writers. Sometimes what they mean to sound informative and helpful comes across as arrogant. That's why I think emoticons are a valuable tool for the grammar of modern internet authors wave But honestly, it can happen to all writers, not just bad ones.

On the other hand, there are also just a lot of people who try to look more intelligent than they are, and my hands are not so clean I'm afraid.
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by Opheila, Feb 27 6:51 pm

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > Salmon Crack Dog Treats - They're so good...they're crack for dogs. :D

Colt

A cute little- devil.

Barked: Sun Feb 10, '13 6:07pm PST 
I think that word is so overused that most people don't even think about it anymore. confused EVERYONE seems to refer to really good cat and dog food and treats as "crack." Honestly, I've never even thought about it. Yes, treats are good and drugs are bad.

And that recipe on Dogster is the only place I've seen a treat similar to this, so it's probably one of the more difficult recipes to find. It's an AMAZING recipe, though happy dance
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by , Nov 27 4:05 am

Food & Nutrition > Wild Meat

Colt

A cute little- devil.

Barked: Sun Feb 10, '13 5:54pm PST 
Fingers crossed smile I hope you can find something that you can use. Do you have other dogs that can eat it?
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Colt, Feb 10 5:54 pm

Food & Nutrition > We're Back! New Food choice for us :)

Colt

A cute little- devil.

Barked: Sun Feb 10, '13 9:58am PST 
Taste of the wild is great! We love it. It's a good food at a good price, and Colt says it tastes pretty good, too. I'm sorry that people were being judgmental... red face I have said insensitive things on the internet in the past and I still regret it naughty
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Rosey Belle Stewart, Feb 14 8:28 pm

Food & Nutrition > Wild Meat
Colt

A cute little- devil.

Barked: Sun Feb 10, '13 9:48am PST 
I'm sorry the elk didn't work out for you frown Are you planning to try any of the other types of meat?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Colt, Feb 10 5:54 pm

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > Salmon Crack Dog Treats - They're so good...they're crack for dogs. :D

Colt

A cute little- devil.

Barked: Sun Feb 10, '13 9:37am PST 
These look SO good big grin I made a similar treat for Colt about a week ago, and he loved it! I'll try this recipe next. Its very similar, but the main difference is that this has eggs ( the recipe I used was posted on the Dogster homepage, you can look that one up if you want).
[notify]
» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by , Nov 27 4:05 am

Food & Nutrition > 4 Health has a new grain free dog food.

Colt

A cute little- devil.

Barked: Tue Feb 5, '13 7:00pm PST 
I tend to think that peas are a superior ingredient nutritionally than grains and potatoes, but unfortunately dog food manufacturers are taking advantage of their high protein content to make their foods look better. Actually, Colt's current food is Dogswell Nutrisca which is pea based with no grains or potatoes. I have nothing against either grains or potatoes but I really like this food so far (not a cheap one, unfortunately...)

One thing you might consider is, if you find a lower-protein, lower-cost grain free food, you could supplement with eggs and meat and other things to bring up the diet's animal protein content. Both of those things can be gotten pretty cheaply.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Jul 11 8:29 pm

Puppy Place > New Pup: Half-BlueHeeler & Quarter JackRussel/RatTerrier

Colt

A cute little- devil.

Barked: Tue Feb 5, '13 5:41pm PST 
Congratulations on your new puppy! cheer

I don't know much about either breed. I've met only one heeler in my life and he was a sweetheart and very well-trained and socialized, but he got a LOT of exercise and playtime and i'm sure that helped.

Do you know any of the owners of the other heelers personally? If so, they might be helpful.

Good luck and yes, you should make him a profile! smile
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Kuma, Feb 23 5:22 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > PETA
Colt

A cute little- devil.

Barked: Tue Feb 5, '13 5:24pm PST 
I think most people don't actually understand PETA's position on a lot of these issues. Everyone knows they campaign against animal cruelty, overpopulation, eating meat and animal testing, but beyond that... what exactly do people know? I think the public pays very little attention to the fact that their proposed solution to these problems is EUTHANIZE EVERYTHING.

Their position on feral cats is pathetic. I think that Addy is right about their reasons. A sad fact about this is that there are going to be people who are pulled into PETA's way of thinking on this and other topics by their more attractive-sounding views and campaigns.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Colt, Feb 5 5:24 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.