Close X

Postings by Queen Belladonna PSDiT's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 87: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Behavior & Training > OMG how to NOT use a head halter...
Casper

Just cause I'm- big dont mean- I'm mean

Barked: Mon Jan 18, '16 10:50pm PST 
I use a GL on Casper because he tends to walk so much better. When he was at the shelter he was really hard to handle as he was walked on a flimsy nylon slip lead that had been chewed on. The girls that work there are all kind of timid with bigger dogs but I found that with Casper the GL works great and he behaves. He walks beside me and listens really well.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Casper, Jan 18 10:50 pm

Food & Nutrition > What can I add to my husband's white German Shepherd pup's food to get her to eat better?
Acelyn's- Twilight- Rose

I may be big but- I am BIG on LOVE

Barked: Thu Oct 22, '15 5:58pm PST 
My husband had a pure bred white German Shepherd donated to him to be his next Service Dog. We were told she was on Pedigree puppy with cottage cheese added to it to make her ears stand. We switched her to Taste of the Wild High Prairie puppy but she isnt eating a lot. She will eat a little but one bowl lasts her about three days unless I put something over it. I added some drippings from our dinner one night to her food, we had bbq chicken, and she ate it all. I know table food isnt good for her but how can we get her to eat?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Sandy, Oct 25 4:41 am

Puppy Place > Does this sound about right for the weight of a 4 month old White German Shepherd?

Acelyn's- Twilight- Rose

Barked: Thu Oct 22, '15 5:49pm PST 
Gypsy went in for her last set of puppy shots on the 10th of this month and has gained right at a pound. She is now up to 43.1 pounds and is doing well. She was not overly impressed with the vet but she did take a treat from his hand. He has her on Heart Guard for the heart worm prevention and she takes it very well.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Acelyn's Twilight Rose, Oct 22 5:49 pm

Puppy Place > Does this sound about right for the weight of a 4 month old White German Shepherd?

Acelyn's- Twilight- Rose

Barked: Tue Sep 22, '15 2:48pm PST 
No she isn't. She is a smooth coat but she is still quite a beautiful girl. She is a handful but I love her to pieces. I just want to make sure that she is at a good weight and in good health. I know she will have to be 2 years old before we check her hips and elbows to make sure that she is sound. We also have a dark colored black and sable 6 year old female who had been through hell and back.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Acelyn's Twilight Rose, Oct 22 5:49 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > White German Shepherds as Service Dogs?

Acelyn's- Twilight- Rose

Barked: Mon Sep 21, '15 7:43pm PST 
@ Happy first I wanna say hi long time no see, how ya doing? Second I wanna say that we have been trying to get Gypsy out among people as much as we can to get her used to being around people. She doesn't seem to want to interact with most people. She will sniff hands and sometimes want to get pets but for the most part she could care less if other people pet her. She does however look to me for attention now and then but she is totally focused on her "daddy". Some people think she is a bit of a freak because she is large for her age of four months. She weighs 42.8 pounds and comes from parents who are larger at around the 100 pound mark.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Tia Star, Sep 27 10:30 pm

Acelyn's- Twilight- Rose

Barked: Mon Sep 21, '15 2:09pm PST 
It was kinda hard to get an accurate measurement with her jumping around. She is pretty tall though. And yes she is only 4 months old. Thats what her AKC papers and the vet both said. The guy who donated her to my husband also said the same thing. Her mom is pretty good size from what I have seen too.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Acelyn's Twilight Rose, Oct 22 5:49 pm

Acelyn's- Twilight- Rose

Barked: Mon Sep 14, '15 7:36pm PST 
The vet says she is healthy weight. We measured her girth a little while ago and she has a 26 inch girth and is 24 inches at the shoulder. Her parents as I stated earlier are both around the 100 pound mark. She will be my husband's new Service Dog after Tank retires. Thats why she was donated to my husband. Her breeders are McNeese White German Shepherds from Missouri. From what I have seen on their website they breed the working line whites.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Acelyn's Twilight Rose, Oct 22 5:49 pm

Acelyn's- Twilight- Rose

Barked: Mon Sep 14, '15 5:06pm PST 
My husband had a White German Shepherd pup donated to him and we drove to Missouri to pick her up. We took her to the vet last week and got her shots almost up to date and had her microchipped. She will be AKC registered once I get her papers sent in. Her parents are each around the 100 pound mark, at 4 months old she weighs 42.8 pounds and seems like she is growing more and more every day. We have her on Taste Of The Wild Pacific Stream Puppy. We are just wondering if she is on the right track with her growth. She was on Pedigree puppy mixed with cottage cheese to get her ears to stand.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Acelyn's Twilight Rose, Oct 22 5:49 pm

Acelyn's- Twilight- Rose

Barked: Mon Sep 14, '15 4:58pm PST 
We have taken her to a couple of pet friendly stores and she did pretty well. We stopped at Petsmart on our way home from Missouri and she did ok other than wanting to play with the other dogs. We took her in to Rural King and she did fine. She didnt even try to get to the bunnies in the cages. She just kind of looked at the bunnies and looked away. She wasnt phased by the treats like pigs ears or bully sticks or anything else. She is really doing pretty well for only being four months old. She weighs 42.8 pounds and has had her shots and had her microchip implanted between her shoulders. I took her to my vet and had her checked out. The picture is Gypsy as she is called but she is listed by her soon to be registered name.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Tia Star, Sep 27 10:30 pm

Abrams Tank- SDiT

I'm trying to- fill some BIG- paws

Barked: Wed Sep 9, '15 9:25pm PST 
@ Levi my husband's current SD is a German Shepherd crossed with black lab. Tank has not shown any signs of the "guarding"of his handler that you are talking of.

Gypsy is only four months old or around that. We drove from our home in Indiana to Springfield MO. to get her. She is a little shy when she first meets people but once she gets to know them then she is fine with them. She has already figured out that she has to cuddle my husband when he starts into a panic attack. We are still working with her on getting her commands down but she knows sit, stay, heel, cuddle and we are working on a couple others.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Tia Star, Sep 27 10:30 pm

(Page 1 of 87: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.