Postings by Blaize's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 86: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Service & Therapy Dogs > New to the forum
Queen- Belladonna- PSDiT

I'm a Queen who- works like a- pesant

Barked: Sun Jun 21, '15 6:05pm PST 
First welcome! And on the other thing the site has been going through some changes in the last couple months so yeah you are gonna have that. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Amber, Wed 11:07 pm

Food & Nutrition > Zignature dry dog food and Natural Balance dry dog food?
Abrams Tank- SDiT

I'm trying to- fill some BIG- paws

Barked: Sat Jun 20, '15 8:50pm PST 
Right now they are on Pedigree adult and have been since January when I bought enough food, 2 pallets full, to get the pack through the winter and part of the summer. We tried other foods for a while none grain free though, each one of the others they were on over a year and didn't have much problem till they just decided they didnt like it. We have one dog on canned dog food and that is all she will eat but the others eat dry food.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Abrams Tank SDiT, Jun 20 8:50 pm

Dog Health > Update on Bunny's panting

Casper

Just cause I'm- big dont mean- I'm mean

Barked: Wed Jun 17, '15 9:00pm PST 
Bunny if it is anxiety maybe your poor guy will end up like my Casper. Yes he finally ended up becoming a foster failure after last night its really for sure. I didnt know that there was a big storm coming and so I didnt give him his doggie nerve pill and went to bed. Half an hour to an hour later I hear him thundering down my hallway. He had busted out of his wire crate and I had to first give him his meds then put him back in his crate and figure out how to fix it for the night. Fortunately I was smart enough to NOT sell Maggie's crate that I got when I got her six years ago. Granted its a plastic one but I don't THINK he can get out of this one. Of course it was in storage in the back of my garage and had to be sprayed and washed out before the next thunderstorm hit. He is now napping quietly after having been given his nerve pill and I am hoping that I dont have to give the tranqulizer as well.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Fri 6:31 pm

Food & Nutrition > Zignature dry dog food and Natural Balance dry dog food?

Abrams Tank- SDiT

I'm trying to- fill some BIG- paws

Barked: Wed Jun 17, '15 8:51pm PST 
Recently Tank and Bella have started getting really itchy to the point that Tank has chewed all the hair off his back and the base of his tail. Bella has a couple red spots on her chest near her front legs. I have seen them chewing at and licking at their paws so I figured pretty much right off that they have an allergy to something. I guessed that its got to be something in their food. I went to a local shop that sells grain free and holistic feeds. They gave us some samples of Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Diets food Sweet Potato and Bison and some Natural Balance LID Potato and duck and Zignature LID foods Trout and Salmon , Lamb and Duck. I was wondering if anyone has ever tried these foods and if so what their results were with the foods. I have to find something that will help because Tank and Bella are my husband and I's service dogs and we cant even take them out as they are so itchy that they are almost constantly scratching. I give them each 1 benadryl every other day and have bathed them in an oatmeal based shampoo.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Abrams Tank SDiT, Jun 20 8:50 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > my thoughts on rehoming

Casper

Barked: Sun Jun 14, '15 7:16pm PST 
I did't realize when I signed the foster paperwork for Casper that I was going to fall so deeply in love with his personality. I dont think that because of his partial dog aggression and his terror of storms that he will ever be adopted by the right home so I finally called the shelter and asked them if I could just go ahead and keep him as my foster failure. The shelter manager says to me with a laugh "what took you so long? Come in and sign the adoption paperwork, but we have him as yours as of Feb.11,2015. We just knew that he was meant to be yours." I have brought him so far in the four months that we have been together but even then we know that he still has so much farther to go. Would I ever send him back to the shelter? NO! I am committed to making him a part of the family and helping him overcome his aggression. I wouldnt trade any moment of life with him and I think back to the life I had with my beloved heart dog Maggie who I miss every day and I think that I wouldnt trade one moment of the life we had together seizures and all. The only thing I would change with her is being there to hold her when she passed away.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Yoshi, Jun 14 11:08 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > How young is too young for Service Dog training?
Queen- Belladonna- PSDiT

Barked: Sat Jun 13, '15 9:32am PST 
Isis learns everything really quickly. She already knows that one of her two harnesses means that she gets to go in the SUV for rides. She also mastered the ramp like it was nothing. She learned MY hand signals for sit,stay and wait in a few days. She is getting to a point where she can be allowed to run in the yard without a leash and wont leave the yard. Her owners and I use that term very loosely, dropped her off a couple weeks ago along with about 1/8 of a bag of puppy food that she wouldnt eat and that was making her sick and havent returned any of my texts or phone calls. I have even had their family members who are friends of mine try contacting them so that they know I have had to change Isis's food and take her to the vet to try and make her feel better. I withheld food for 24 hours then gave her a tiny bit of boiled venison and rice to see how that would sit on her tummy and she was able to keep that down. Vet told us to give her a little pepto to settle the tummy. Anyway Isis is VERY smart, just with not knowing what breed(s) she is its hard to know if she will be the size I want for my Service Dog as I like a bigger dog. I am only saying this as an IF I am right and her owners aren't planning on coming back for her. I know I have to wait 30+ days before we can legally say that she is our dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Queen Belladonna PSDiT, Jun 13 9:32 am

Puppy Place > Quick couple of questions about my pup! Please help!

Queen- Belladonna- PSDiT

Barked: Tue Jun 9, '15 5:04pm PST 
The thunder shirt does work really well. At least it did on my Bella.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Queen Belladonna PSDiT, Jun 9 5:04 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Few quick questions about flyers and vests

Queen- Belladonna- PSDiT

Barked: Sun May 31, '15 3:21pm PST 
Sitstay.com has good looking durable vests for your dog. They are pretty cheap from what I have seen and I have purchased two of them one for my husband's first SD that has now lasted through 3 dogs and one for my own dog
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Queen Belladonna PSDiT, May 31 3:21 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > How young is too young for Service Dog training?

Queen- Belladonna- PSDiT

Barked: Fri May 29, '15 8:46pm PST 
I know that I might end up having to partly retire Bella because of an issue that has come up and am looking at possibly getting a puppy to take over for Bella. I dont want a really young puppy under 3 months old as I dont really have the time to really handle the housebreaking part with school and homework. I have been puppysitting a young Dutch Shepherd puppy and have fallen in love with her. I get the feeling that her owners are getting ready to do what I call a dump and run out on her. She is so completely glued to my side during the times I am home like now that I am home for the summer that if I even think of moving from my spot to go to the bathroom or the bedroom she has to be right with me. She is about 4 months old I THINK but I am not sure right now. I know that Tank was around 3 months when he started training because it was around the time that Katana passed on. Bella was older around 9 months when she started training. IF I was to end up with the puppy how young is too young to start teaching her what Bella knows?
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Queen Belladonna PSDiT, Jun 13 9:32 am

Behavior & Training > Storms freak him out HELP!!
Casper

Barked: Thu May 28, '15 5:34pm PST 
Foster mom didnt get around to this update till tonight. I am on two medications that I only take when the scarey storms start and they are working pretty well. I am on one that is a nerve pill and the other is a sedative. I get the blue one 30 minutes before a storm starts and then the other is 1/2 of the yellow one 30 minutes later. Some times she gives me the yellow one nearly an hour after the blue one and I still seem to do pretty well. She is gonna call the vet and see if he can call my meds in to the human pharmacy so she doesnt have to drive quite so far to get them. She is also thinking of putting my foster sister Bella on at least the yellow one in July because of the BOOMS from the fourth.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Sandy, Jun 1 7:02 pm

(Page 1 of 86: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.