Close X

Postings by Blaize's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 88: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Service & Therapy Dogs > Service Dog In Training Help!
Abrams Tank- SD

I'm trying to- fill some BIG- paws

Barked: Sat Feb 13, '16 2:00pm PST 
Like others have said start with the basics. Then as she gets older begin training the other things. My husband's current SD we trained from much younger than Dixie is. Tank is now 4 years old. Sadly though we know in time Tank will have to retire because his work is so hard on his joints, as he is both a mobility dog and a PTSD dog. We are working with his successor dog now. She is an 8 month old white German Shepherd Dog. But I have been ill so I havent been able to much work with young Gypsy much lately but when we do take her out for training we often take Tank along so she learns from him. Its been working well for us just remember however that FAST is SLOW.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Azkaban, Sat 5:04 pm

Puppy Place > training advice
Acelyn's- Twilight- Rose SDiT

I may be big but- I am BIG on LOVE

Barked: Sat Feb 13, '16 12:08pm PST 
Make sure that every time she comes to you reward her like crazy and with her being so young keep your training sessions short for right now. She is much younger than I like to start them because she needs all her shots before even being able to take her out into places like Petsmart or Petco. I only do small things like getting the pup used to wearing a collar and a leash first then teaching commands like sit, come, stay, down, off and leave it.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Acelyn's Twilight Rose SDiT, Feb 13 12:08 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > I am so proud of Sadie !

Queen- Belladonna- PSD

I'm a Queen who- works like a- pesant

Barked: Sat Feb 13, '16 11:55am PST 
Dont feel too bad about having to switch dogs. I am having to retire Bella LONG before I wanted to because my son moved in with us and has not listened to anything I have tried to tell him about her training, so she has gotten to where she looks to him if I ask her to do any of the things I taught her to do before she does them. However Tank is still doing well and Gypsy is learning from him. She has done one thing that I had not planned on teaching her YET. She will instantly go under chairs or tables or lay against a wall and she just picked it up all on her own. I have made my son stay completely away from Gypsy during training sessions with her because when she is done training and everything she will be taking over for Tank.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Tia Star, Feb 17 6:46 pm

Behavior & Training > OMG how to NOT use a head halter...

Casper

Just cause I'm- big dont mean- I'm mean

Barked: Mon Jan 18, '16 10:50pm PST 
I use a GL on Casper because he tends to walk so much better. When he was at the shelter he was really hard to handle as he was walked on a flimsy nylon slip lead that had been chewed on. The girls that work there are all kind of timid with bigger dogs but I found that with Casper the GL works great and he behaves. He walks beside me and listens really well.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Casper, Jan 18 10:50 pm

Food & Nutrition > What can I add to my husband's white German Shepherd pup's food to get her to eat better?

Barked: Thu Oct 22, '15 5:58pm PST 
My husband had a pure bred white German Shepherd donated to him to be his next Service Dog. We were told she was on Pedigree puppy with cottage cheese added to it to make her ears stand. We switched her to Taste of the Wild High Prairie puppy but she isnt eating a lot. She will eat a little but one bowl lasts her about three days unless I put something over it. I added some drippings from our dinner one night to her food, we had bbq chicken, and she ate it all. I know table food isnt good for her but how can we get her to eat?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Sandy, Oct 25 4:41 am

Puppy Place > Does this sound about right for the weight of a 4 month old White German Shepherd?

Barked: Thu Oct 22, '15 5:49pm PST 
Gypsy went in for her last set of puppy shots on the 10th of this month and has gained right at a pound. She is now up to 43.1 pounds and is doing well. She was not overly impressed with the vet but she did take a treat from his hand. He has her on Heart Guard for the heart worm prevention and she takes it very well.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Acelyn's Twilight Rose SDiT, Oct 22 5:49 pm

Puppy Place > Does this sound about right for the weight of a 4 month old White German Shepherd?

Barked: Tue Sep 22, '15 2:48pm PST 
No she isn't. She is a smooth coat but she is still quite a beautiful girl. She is a handful but I love her to pieces. I just want to make sure that she is at a good weight and in good health. I know she will have to be 2 years old before we check her hips and elbows to make sure that she is sound. We also have a dark colored black and sable 6 year old female who had been through hell and back.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Acelyn's Twilight Rose SDiT, Oct 22 5:49 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > White German Shepherds as Service Dogs?

Barked: Mon Sep 21, '15 7:43pm PST 
@ Happy first I wanna say hi long time no see, how ya doing? Second I wanna say that we have been trying to get Gypsy out among people as much as we can to get her used to being around people. She doesn't seem to want to interact with most people. She will sniff hands and sometimes want to get pets but for the most part she could care less if other people pet her. She does however look to me for attention now and then but she is totally focused on her "daddy". Some people think she is a bit of a freak because she is large for her age of four months. She weighs 42.8 pounds and comes from parents who are larger at around the 100 pound mark.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Tia Star, Sep 27 10:30 pm

Barked: Mon Sep 21, '15 2:09pm PST 
It was kinda hard to get an accurate measurement with her jumping around. She is pretty tall though. And yes she is only 4 months old. Thats what her AKC papers and the vet both said. The guy who donated her to my husband also said the same thing. Her mom is pretty good size from what I have seen too.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Acelyn's Twilight Rose SDiT, Oct 22 5:49 pm

Barked: Mon Sep 14, '15 7:36pm PST 
The vet says she is healthy weight. We measured her girth a little while ago and she has a 26 inch girth and is 24 inches at the shoulder. Her parents as I stated earlier are both around the 100 pound mark. She will be my husband's new Service Dog after Tank retires. Thats why she was donated to my husband. Her breeders are McNeese White German Shepherds from Missouri. From what I have seen on their website they breed the working line whites.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Acelyn's Twilight Rose SDiT, Oct 22 5:49 pm

(Page 1 of 88: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.