Postings by Garnet's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 84: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Behavior & Training > Foster dog potty issue
Casper

Just cause I'm- big dont mean- I'm mean

Barked: Mon May 25, '15 10:03pm PST 
My family is fostering a neutered male white German Shepherd Belgian Malinois mix for a local shelter. He was not house trained when we brought him home three months ago but in less than a month he was house trained and crate trained. He has always been good about letting us know he has to potty and we take him out right then. We bought a woven wire outdoor kennel run for him and have to padlock it because someone keeps trying to steal him. The floor of the run is concrete to make it easier to clean. Tonight Casper came in with no problems and after Tank, Bella, Garnet, Blaize and Isis came in (Isis is the puppy we are puppysitting) Casper suddenly decided to pee in his crate. I am sick and my husband was already in bed so I scolded Casper for doing this. He hasnt done it for quite a while. He was the first one brought in tonight and has been the first one in for the last few weeks. He has not done this in two months so I was a little upset. What can be done for this issue? The only thing that has changed is that when we first brought him home he was sleeping in Bella's crate till we got him one that is a lot bigger for him and is in an area where he cannot see the window when it storms as he fears storms and is on meds for that. I dont want to send him back to the shelter as I have come a long way with him in three months and am really focused on helping him overcome his problems that he has like not being too friendly with other dogs. Not any trouble with my dogs though.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Koby, Today 4:13 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Just starting out.....
Casper

Barked: Mon May 25, '15 9:26pm PST 
Have your daughter in law look into a white German Shepherd or white German Shepherd mix the are really smart and well mannered dogs if treated right. Casper my foster is a white German Shepherd mix and I adore him he is very smart and wants to please me. I may end up adopting him as he fits in with the rest of my pack wonderfully. He has his problems but we are working through them. He has been doing wonderful with everything except that he just came in from outside and although he has been housebroken for over 2 months he just peed in his crate.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Casper, Mon 9:26 pm

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > Anyone else having trouble with pmails and friend requests?

Isis

I am way too- cute for my- stripes

Barked: Tue May 19, '15 5:35pm PST 
I tried to add a few pics to Isis's page yesterday and tried to send a paw mail today and couldnt do either one. Its a big pain in the tail
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Afro Ken, Fri 6:56 am

Choosing the Right Dog > looking for breed ideas

Casper

Barked: Tue May 19, '15 12:49pm PST 
Yoshi why not look into a White German Shepherd Dog? I never thought I would want one but then I met my buddy Casper that I am currently fostering from a local shelter. He is a White GSD mix but he is such a laid back boy. I have been fostering him since February of this year and he has been a true joy other than his storm fear which he is being treated with meds for. He may end up becoming a foster failure for me if things keep going. He has been doing well with his training and in less than two months was fully house trained crate trained. We have learned that he cannot have chicken as he is apparently allergic to it though.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Casper, Tue 12:49 pm

Grooming > Please help me pick a collar color?

Isis

Barked: Tue May 19, '15 12:36pm PST 
Isis the puppy that we are puppy sitting has a light mint green cheetah print collar that I bought for her as she had out grown the other one that she had that I bought as she didnt have a collar when they started bringing her over to visit. It looks really cute against her golden brindle fur. Bella my Service dog has a light pink collar with the breast cancer ribbon pattern on it plus a cheetah print collar, Demon my pit bull wears a purple collar, Tundra wears a pink cheetah print collar, Hailie wears a purple collar, Drizzits is black, Garnet's is pink camo, Blaize's is light beige with multi colored skulls, Cheveyo's is a camo hunt collar and Casper is wearing a camo collar. I say pick what you think looks the best against her markings. Tank, Bella's brother has on a blue collar and Maggie my late husky had a red collar that now is wrapped around the base of her urn.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Isis, Tue 12:36 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Camping with SD
Queen- Belladonna- PSDiT

I'm a Queen who- works like a- pesant

Barked: Tue May 19, '15 12:25pm PST 
I'll add in one other thing and that would be the doggie first aid kit. I doubt that the camp would be prepared for any emergencies concerning your dog, should they arise, so make sure that you carry a first aid kit for your dog and for yourself. My husband and I have taken Tank and Bella out on hikes and made sure that we had boots so that their paw pads didnt get torn up on the trails so that is another thing you might want to look at.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Queen Belladonna PSDiT, Tue 12:25 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Best Vests For Long Trips?

Abrams Tank- SDiT

I'm trying to- fill some BIG- paws

Barked: Tue May 19, '15 12:18pm PST 
you might look at some of the vests/ backpacks that activedogs.com have available. some of them look really good for long trips.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Abrams Tank SDiT, Tue 12:18 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > my thoughts on rehoming

Casper

Barked: Mon May 18, '15 6:27pm PST 
My son who is now almost 18 has been raised around a lot of different breeds of dogs including pits and Shepherds. He helped take care Hailie when she was a puppy and had an embedded collar. Now she is his dog heart and soul. He wants to help train Isis when she is here but he doesnt like the fact that every time that she comes back she has forgotten EVERYTHING we have taught her. He has stood up for pit bulls and everything else. His current girlfriend is afraid of big dogs but he wants her to learn to not be afraid of our big dogs. He wants her to meet Casper even though he knows that he is just our foster possible foster failure. Casper has come so far in 3 months its amazing. I can understand that if you HAVE to rehome a dog for a good reason such as the dog has problems with aggression or something like that that you cannot fix then maybe for your own safety and that of your family you should find someone that can handle the problem. But do not rehome a dog just because "your job doesnt allow you to be home enough, you have a new baby so you dont have time for the dog, the dog needs more room to run than you thought it would, it got too big for the house....ect."
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by ~ Uma Isabella Dietrich ~, Wed 10:12 am

Puppy Place > I am just curious about her breed. Thinking she is Dutch Shepherd but was told she cant be.

Isis

Barked: Mon May 18, '15 6:06pm PST 
For some reason I cant add pics to her page and I cant figure out how to add them to a post but she has gotten so much bigger. She is taller than Blaize now and so rotten. I got some new pics of her today and was looking at pics of her when she was first brought over for her first puppysitting date. She was so tiny then that her whole body seemed smaller than Garnet's head. Now she is so much bigger,she loves to play with Garnet and Blaize and LOVES Casper to pieces and he adores her. He is so gentle with her its like he knows she is a baby.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Isis, May 18 6:06 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > How to explain to family why you are taking your dog everywhere when the family don't care.
Queen- Belladonna- PSDiT

I'm a Queen who- works like a- pesant

Barked: Mon May 18, '15 11:19am PST 
The brother that made the comment has seen how Tank and Bella help us and he seemed like he wanted to learn. Now he has to be snotty and cruel about the fact that we need the dogs. My husband who is Tanks handler is a disabled veteran who suffers from PTSD as well as other issues and I have been told I have secondary PTSD as well as PTSD myself that's why I have Bella. She will alert me to people behind me and will put herself between me and the people behind me to keep me safe. Tank does DPT for my husband and Bella will curl up and cuddle on my lap if we are in a location where I can sit on the ground. My siblings are all older and although we have the same mom we have a different dad but they treat me like I am a leper and have since before my mom passed away 7 years ago. I have pretty much given up on getting through to them on anything. In fact one of my sisters told me to quit writing and get a real job because writing will never pay the bills.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Queen Belladonna PSDiT, May 18 11:19 am

(Page 1 of 84: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.