Postings by Clyde's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 19: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  

Behavior & Training > Good toys?
Clyde

Ice cubes? YES- PLEASE!

Barked: Thu May 22, '14 9:06pm PST 
Vibram dog toys are really good. You may also want to look into a very large jolly ball. It is a favorite of many herding breeds and can be an alternative exercise to chewing.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Tyler , May 23 4:40 am

Small Dogs > My pomeranian has become aggressive, help?
Clyde

Ice cubes? YES- PLEASE!

Barked: Fri May 16, '14 4:39pm PST 
Has he been recently given a health check? Dogs can suddenly turn aggressive if they are losing use of a sensory organ or are in chronic pain.

What kind of training methods do you use? Do you use clicker training? Dominance/alphaship? Nothing in Life is Free?

Depending on what is happening, it could be new health problems, snapping after years of incorrect training, or both.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Foxxy, May 20 7:44 pm

Behavior & Training > My dog tried to attack me

Clyde

Ice cubes? YES- PLEASE!

Barked: Fri May 16, '14 4:33pm PST 
This will probably seem completely against everything you believe, but try and see what happens if you treat him as a powerful, dignified creature. Ask, don't demand. Keep all valuable items out of his reach unless they have been given to him. If you want something and he won't budge, negotiate it with a valuable resource. You control all the goodies, and use them to get the upper hand in your bargaining with him. Resort to force only as an emergency tool.

He sounds like a wicked-smart dog with a mind of his own, and he is getting frustrated of his current situation. He is also an adolescent, which means he will try and see what he can do to have his way now that he's big.

We had a chihuahua that was pretty similar to what you described in Ryder. We lived with it for years. It wasn't until the last months of his life that I tried this. By the time he passed away, he never growled at me, always let me take things away, would quietly leave his high-value beds for me, and was generally pleasant toward me. He had no respect for us since day one, and all he needed was for someone to start respectfully asking instead of dominantly commanding.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Ryder, May 19 9:12 pm

Dog Health > My Beagle has lymphoma

Clyde

Ice cubes? YES- PLEASE!

Barked: Sat May 10, '14 10:32pm PST 
I hope your dog gets better soon! When my human relatives got cancer, it took a while before they started getting better. Hope that is the case with your puppy. hug
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , May 25 1:08 pm

Dog Health > How to get new dog to go outside

Clyde

Ice cubes? YES- PLEASE!

Barked: Sat May 10, '14 10:30pm PST 
Bump dog
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Clyde, May 10 10:30 pm

Dog Health > Where to go from here?
Clyde

Ice cubes? YES- PLEASE!

Bump dog
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Zack, Jun 3 1:55 pm

Dog Health > Heart murmurs

Clyde

Ice cubes? YES- PLEASE!

Bumpdog
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Clyde, May 10 10:30 pm

Dog Health > Puppy & Vaccinations -vs- Antibiotics & a bath!

Clyde

Ice cubes? YES- PLEASE!

Barked: Sat May 10, '14 10:29pm PST 
bump
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , May 12 12:37 am

Dog Health > HELP! New dog owner- hypoglycemia and my health

Clyde

Ice cubes? YES- PLEASE!

Barked: Sat May 10, '14 10:28pm PST 
bump wishes
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Clyde, May 10 10:28 pm

Dog Health > Cyclosporine for vulvar irritation?
Clyde

Ice cubes? YES- PLEASE!

Barked: Sat May 10, '14 10:26pm PST 
Yikes! I've never had to deal with anything like that in our dogs. I hope somebody can help you out with your poor girl. I would recommend a trip to the vet's but I can understand not being able to pay for their expenses due to financial hardship.

The most I can recommend is washing regularly with warm soothing water and shooing her away from fussing over the area, which you have probably done already.

Bumping this above the spam so you can get help soon. wishes
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Clyde, May 10 10:26 pm

(Page 1 of 19: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.