Postings by Brandi *Mrs. Goosie*'s Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Behavior & Training > Ode to the "Dogs in the City"
Brandi *Mrs.- Goosie*

I like Butt- scritches...just- not from u

Barked: Tue Dec 18, '12 11:29pm PST 
I agree with you guys but it did have its good parts as listed by dosgster here:
http://www.dogster.com/lifestyle/dogs-in-the-city
http://www .dogster.com/lifestyle/dogs-in-the-city-week-2
http://www.dogster.c om/lifestyle/the-5-best-things-about-week-3-of-dogs-in-the-city
htt p://www.dogster.com/lifestyle/dogs-in-the-city-week-4
http://www.do gster.com/lifestyle/dogs-in-the-city-week-5
http://www.dogster.com/ lifestyle/dogs-in-the-city-season-finale

notice basically none of it had to do with actual dog training
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Dec 19 8:46 am

Choosing the Right Dog > How can I get people to look past my appearance??
Brandi *Mrs.- Goosie*

Barked: Sat Dec 1, '12 7:31pm PST 
sorryfor the rant, your baby is adorable and I think people are crazy for not loving pitties I trust them more then all those fuzzy little dogs that attack me and my dog big grin but that is just personal experience I have no hate for those dogs per say I just hate when they cause us trouble shrugshh
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Dec 21 1:07 am

Choosing the Right Dog > How can I get people to look past my appearance??

Brandi *Mrs.- Goosie*

Barked: Sat Dec 1, '12 7:29pm PST 
I agree with the posts suggesting the use of clothes. I know from personal experience I get (unwanted)attention because of the way my dog looks etc. Brandi is a fluffy ish 30 pound Carolina Dog mix(?). Though she is double coated she lives indoors and her undercoat normally comes out so she sometimes wears a sweater, along with the fact she has a rain coat which I have pictures of on her profile, a pumpkin costume and a nice bling collar she attracts attention from people that think they can pet her. Brandi is a D.I.N.O. see dogs in need of space here http://dogsinneedofspace.com/about/ this is due to her distrust of strangers, and while she is never mean or aggressive toward anyone she would really LOVE if nobody would pet her. People think that just because she politely sits there trying to duck away from them that she welcomes being pet. I assure you she doesn't and no one respects that, people come to the house and I always have to tell people to back off because they are attempting to pet her and they make her uncomfortable.
Anyways back to the point, people think that because she is a good girl and will let me dress her in stupid costumes etc. that she is ok with pets, but really she is ok with their dog and would rather that they didn't exist. People comment and definitely notice if your dog is wearing something cute. So trust me when I say people will definitely be less afraid and if that is what you are going for. Then have her wear something cute, be well behaved, and just her lovable self. For me and Brandi the effect is opposite of what WE want, what we want is for doggies to play with us and for their owners to take a hike. laugh out loudbig laugh
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Dec 21 1:07 am

Behavior & Training > Alpha rolling at the dog park for being dog reactive?

Brandi *Mrs.- Goosie*

Barked: Fri Nov 30, '12 6:04pm PST 
@Agusta I am normally reluctant to say anything to people except when it comes to dogs as I am 18 now no one has the right to try and pull the you are a kid what do you know stuff because the LAW SAYS I AM AN ADULT. And I will now flip on any owner I see doing that and at Sarah if I was with you I would have beat that person up with MY leash give em a taste of their own medicine. Hymph sorry I just got all violent it's just that kinda stuff makes me reeeeal mad, so made I just about loose it.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by "Selli" , Nov 30 6:59 pm

Other Barks & Woofs > Cesar: hot or not??

Brandi *Mrs.- Goosie*

Barked: Mon Nov 26, '12 9:41pm PST 
This is probably the best thing I have read in my life. Cesar cute I guess? Hate his methods envy his teeth and his dog impersonations creep me the hell out shh
naughty
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Brandi *Mrs. Goosie*, Nov 26 9:41 pm

Behavior & Training > Dangerous and capable. Severe aggression help.
Brandi *Mrs.- Goosie*

Barked: Sun Nov 25, '12 6:31pm PST 
I'm stupid I just got rid of what I wrote frown my point in showing you k9-1 was basically for information on another style of dog training (the style being foundation style dog training) while not all aspects of the site are free you can have full access to their private training course if you enter your email under join now thing. You can also freely access the forum for free http://www.selfhelpdogtraining.com/forums/ and there is a section dedicated to aggression one of their trainers might get back to you even I don't know the exact time line of when though https://www.facebook.com/selfhelpdogtraining this is their facebook page the youtube links I gave you is because people as I said only wanted me to really link t you "legit" trainers so I showed you them who as I tried to explain have had success with aggressive dogs and they do have videos on training aggressive dogs NOT SAYING DO WHAT THEY DO since we don't want any accidents but you can watch some of their videos on aggressive dogs and on muzzle training to see what a trainer might possibly? do with Atlas so basically video=info about types of training someone could potentially use

I'm sorry I always wind up having the longest most unnecessarily long explanations on my posts

http://www.apdt.com/petowners/ts/ Association of Pet Dog trainers has a trainer search where if you go under advance search you can specify what state and what the trainer needs to be versed in etc. if they don't have one in the part of the state you live in just search under your state without city name
and I think under every trainer they give you (from what I am looking at now) is a link to their website and such
Good luck!
[notify]
» There has since been -9 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Nov 26 11:18 am

Brandi *Mrs.- Goosie*

Barked: Sun Nov 25, '12 12:01am PST 
I am not 100% sure though exactly what Mike's qualifications are but you could definately ask
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Nov 26 11:18 am

Brandi *Mrs.- Goosie*

Barked: Sat Nov 24, '12 11:42pm PST 
might have been a dummy and left out Casper didn't get neutered so K9-1 didn't help him because it was against policy since he wasn't willing to neuter the dog to get the help offered it must not have been a big enough deal to him

oh and as Sequoyah mentioned Baskerville muzzles are treat friendly so I'm in no way saying you should use the muzzle k9-1 uses or even Baskerville just making it a point to reinforce the idea that Baskerville can be used with treats

ONCE AGAIN forgot to mention k9-1's staff includes (note this isn't all the info listed on them)
Teresa who has a Bachelors degree in Veterinary Science from Pace University, is an experienced Licensed Veterinary technician, life time student of continued education, and certified Foundation Style Dog Trainer with over 10 years of educating puppy and dog owners about all aspects of dog training, behavior, husbandry, and health concerns.
Earl Dunn, is a certified trainer and behaviorist, Rutgers University graduate, responsible and trustworthy business owner of Custom Canine Dog Training, and an avid animal lover. Some of Earl’s memberships and accomplishments include: AKC Canine Good Citizen evaluator, member of IACP (International Association of Canine Professionals), member of the BBB (Better Business Bureau), and Certified Foundation Dog Trainer. Earl has vast experience ranging from working with client’s dogs, shelter dogs, personal protection dogs, special cases and much more.
Nathaniel Bonilla who has been working as a professional trainer for over 10 years. He is a certified trainer, graduate of the Tom Rose school of dog training, and very experienced hands on trainer of difficult dogs, aggression rehab cases, and working dogs. Nathaniel’s resume includes being the head trainer for K9-1 Specialized Dog Training LLC of New York, Dogs Unlimited of Connecticut, as well as running his own training programs under his company Pawsitive Dog Training.
and Mike D'Abruzzo

Mike D’Abruzzo is the founder of K9-1 Specialized Dog Training LLC and the creator of “Foundation Style Dog Training”. Since 1993 his experience and education have been completely focused on the goal of improving the world of dog training and the standards of how society, as a whole, deals with the problem of unwanted and difficult dogs.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Nov 26 11:18 am

Brandi *Mrs.- Goosie*

Barked: Sat Nov 24, '12 11:40pm PST 
Some additional information and before I start let me say I'm not sure where this facility is located i'm more brining them up for information purposes K9-1 Specialized dog training was featured in It’s Me or the Dog in the episode featuring featuring Eric and his Presa Canario Caspar more info featured here http://positively.com/2011/04/21/nevermind-the-bollocks/ Background: "Caspar came from a breeder of Presa Canarios in California and was shipped to Eric in New York State when the pup was eight weeks old. Eric wanted to own a big powerful dog and was even more excited at the prospect of training that dog for protection, as encouraged by the breeder. He also wanted to use Caspar as a stud dog – a good way, he had been told, of bringing in some extra cash. Unfortunately for Eric, as Caspar grew, he began exhibiting behavior that was troublesome, including marking in the house, destructive chewing, lunging and barking at other dogs on walks and showing fear aggression to people when they came into his home." K9-1 was going to step in to help him if he agreed to neuter his dog well he didn't and he wound up biting someone and a judge is trying to force him to get him neutered
Anyway aside from that this is their homepage http://www.selfhelpdogtraining.com/ they practice foundation style dog training they also train dogs to be protection dogs but they also do aggression rehabilitation which is mainly why foundation style dog training was created.
this is their stance on alpha rolling http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y20K-przul4&feature=plcp and another on prong collars http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N_t4kFz8bg&feature=plcp and also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0X6A4oyaB8&feature=plcp this is part 4 of an aggression rehabilitation series they have part 3 deals with muzzle training(they have a separate muzzle training video as well). They also have a separate video on flooding and on a side note everything they use on dogs they first try on themselves including prong collar which they let the dog hold the leash as shown in one of the videos I listed

AS I SAID LET ME BE THE FIRST TO SAY I POST THIS FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES I am not advocating anyone try this to fix a dog's problems. But they might be able to give the OP information the even have a question forum on their site soo
oh and they have done aggression rehabilitation they have dogs listed on the site that they rehabilitated dogs that were going to be put down. they also have rehabilitation videos you can watch. they deal with all sorts of strong breeds as they do protection training with no specific breed of dog. And they don't believe you should ever have to yell at your dog they teach in a way that you only ever have to speak at a normal tone for the dog to listen( not through cruel means of course) just basically it's a kind of your dog pays attention to you kinda thing (what I said right there probably didn't make sense sorry)
To the OP hope this helps you in your quest for information! hug
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Nov 26 11:18 am

Brandi *Mrs.- Goosie*

Barked: Sat Nov 24, '12 5:32pm PST 
I for one apologize to the OP if I was coming off as rude. I did my very best to not st anything and only make comments based on what the OP has directly asked for, once again I realize people have called me out for what they thought was advice that I was directing them to use. I wasn't or at least I wasn't trying to as the OP stated they wanted information so I was just giving examples of information that is out there.

On that note I only responded to an accusation? (I don't know whatever you wish to call it) because I felt like my words were being taken the wrong way and I didn't wish for the OP to take what I said the wrong way which could result in problems that could be avoided.
Once again I'm sorry if right now I sound as if I am trying to pick a fight or as if I took on a higher then thou mindset because I surely haven't tried too

After that giant ramble I would like to say thanks to the OP for making things clear big hug and GOOD LUCK WITH ATLAS hug
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Nov 26 11:18 am

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.