Postings by Dro's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 23: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dogster Crushes > Singlee
Dro

Gota do what you- gota do

Barked: Thu Apr 17, '14 7:22am PST 
Hello my name is dro i am a soon to be 7 year old min pin i am getting old and i think that it is time that i have finally settled down blue dog
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Dro, Apr 17 7:22 am

Behavior & Training > Considering purchasing 2 Dobermans opinions or and advice?
Dro

Barked: Sat Dec 14, '13 6:24pm PST 
Thanks Nare smile ill go ahead and do that then also i did i read up on that with the advice you gave about the breeders especially with checking how good the bloodlines are and parents health .

I agree they really are good dogs to have way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Augusta, CGC, RN, Dec 16 5:55 pm

Behavior & Training > Considering purchasing 2 Dobermans opinions or and advice?

Dro

Barked: Sat Dec 14, '13 6:18pm PST 
I do understand that it may be different with bringing a puppy home while have a dog a lil older but the first dog will still be a puppy so it could be okay?
And sorry about the confusion on that part i am getting 2 Dobermans but not at the same time just months apart from eachother
When i move into this house for rent i will be living there a month by myself until my friend whos moving in returns. It would be difficult to have 2 puppies too handle while being temporairly living on my own for. That month.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Augusta, CGC, RN, Dec 16 5:55 pm

Dro

Barked: Sat Dec 14, '13 3:59pm PST 
I wouldnt get both of them at once id wait for the first one yo be at leadt 8/10 months. Before bringing the second one home.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Augusta, CGC, RN, Dec 16 5:55 pm

Dro

Barked: Sat Dec 14, '13 3:06pm PST 
Dro is not my dog if you go look at hid page it will clearly say in his arrival story he belongs to my younger cousin and i have had dobermans before li had mentioned that what breeds i was raised with.

And why 2 so he can have a companion , a playmate also and i prefer two these dogs will be traied right aeay properly then work with my friend who is a trainer in preperations of competing in a sport and schutzhund as well.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Augusta, CGC, RN, Dec 16 5:55 pm

Dro

Barked: Sat Dec 14, '13 1:24pm PST 
Im about to start renting a house with a friend that is pet friendly. Thing is my friend wont be moving in
until january/feburary so i will be living a lone for at least a month. We agreed that there could be 2 dogs
in the household also that is the original home owners rule 2 pets in household only.

Ive been raised with dobermans , german shepherds , pit bulls , cane corsos , rottweilers and boxers.

I have experience with those dogs and do pretty well with them never had any problems.

Thing is i was looking 2 purchase 2 Doberman puppies from seperate litters . My friend whos moving in
does have a child bu i honestly do jot know if he will be around much. I do know dobermans dont do well
with other dogs sometimes but from my experience when i had a doberman when i was a pre teen we
also had a german shepherds and a other doberman all 3 got along .

I wanted to see if any of you had anything youd like to add kr share about these dogs that would be very
helpful?
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Augusta, CGC, RN, Dec 16 5:55 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Purchasing 2 dobermans advice or opinion?

Dro

Barked: Sat Dec 14, '13 10:34am PST 
Im about to start renting a house with a friend that is pet friendly. Thing is my friend wont be moving in until january/feburary so i will be living a lone for at least a month. We agreed that there could be 2 dogs in the household also that is the original home owners rule 2 pets in household only.

Ive been raised with dobermans , german shepherds , pit bulls , cane corsos , rottweilers and boxers.

I have experience with those dogs and do pretty well with them never had any problems.

Thing is i was looking 2 purchase 2 Doberman puppies from seperate litters . My friend whos moving in does have a child bu i honestly do jot know if he will be around much. I do know dobermans dont do well with other dogs sometimes but from my experience when i had a doberman when i was a pre teen we also had a german shepherds and a other doberman all 3 got along .

I wanted to see if any of you had anything youd like to add kr share about these dogs that would be very helpful?
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Ace, Dec 29 11:25 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > How many have opted to adopt a project dog with young children?

Dro

Barked: Wed Nov 28, '12 7:19am PST 
Ive taken in a project dog which i found out later that had been used for dog fighting his name was Brute he was a huge German Rottwilier. I needed my parents permission of course since im still in high school i am a senior. I have a younger sister in the house. He was my responsibility. He was aggresive towards buddy and was not really safe around people his behavior would switch instantly from loving and playing to lunging and snarling. He had a bi polar behavior he just did not trust humans what so ever. At the end even i became a little afraid i would chain him as i cleaned the yard he had gone to the vet was updated on his shots my opinion he should of been spayed to help calm him down. Eventualy i got him to become more comfortable with people and other dogs and it was time to say goodbye i had to give him up i wouldnt do it again because i felt like the dog was not safe enough to be left alone and everyone pushed me to keep working with him so he could be rehomed ASAP lol i wouldnt do it unless you are able to watch that dog and dont leave it alone unspervised.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Shiver Me Timbers "Charlie", Nov 30 3:39 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Considering adopting....

Buddy

Unforgettable

Barked: Wed Nov 28, '12 6:39am PST 
Im doing more research as you have all instructed. Right now im going to work on learning about each piece of the breed and the standards begging witht he head then ears eyes muzzle then move to the body structure etc....
THE APBT IS no more A HEAD BREED than any other.
RULE #1
The APBT IS A COMPLETE TOTAL AND BALANCED DOG!- HEAD structure is important but not overwhelmingly so! A massive skull has a negative impact on a breed because of the added weight without proportionate increase in strength.
RULE #2

In actual practice, a dog with a small head with proper structural mechanics, has the advantage and should be preferred to a dog with a massive head that does not fulfill all of the structural requirements.
RULE #3
Bitches with overly doggy heads should not be considered

Males with overly bitchy heads should not be considered
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Shiver Me Timbers "Charlie", Nov 28 4:54 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Considering adopting....
Buddy

Unforgettable

Barked: Wed Nov 28, '12 6:31am PST 
@ Nare and person who responded below Nare you both seem knowledgeable and more experienced i would appreciate it if you both would inbox me to help me succeed with this i would really appreciate it and to also help me with what steps i need to do.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Shiver Me Timbers "Charlie", Nov 28 4:54 pm

(Page 1 of 23: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.