Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Dog Health > Club Foot?
Bella

Barked: Thu Feb 28, '13 10:53am PST 
We've thought long and hard about it, and decided that Watson will become a permanent family member. I really did not want another pup, but I don't want him to be bounced around anymore....this is his 3rd home in a week. Plus, I know that some folks will be turned off by his paw. Thank you for your very helpful responses hug.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Feb 28 2:19 pm

Behavior & Training > Rescue Dog Marking
Watson

Barked: Thu Feb 28, '13 5:05am PST 
A little frustrated here. We brought Watson into our home on 02/21, we've had zero issues from day 1. That is, until last night. Let me begin by saying Watson cannot be crated. He throws himself around in the crate and we were concerned about him hurting himself, so we went with a partitioned off area. Last night he got out (must have scaled the gate) and marked all over the living room. In the process, urinating all over a Wii U and PS3 that were sitting on the entertainment center. He also marked Isis' house, which really ticked her off. He is fed on a schedule and walked NUMEROUS times throughout the day. My partner runs a home based business, so he is constantly getting attention, love, and walks.

Watson was taken out at 10pm and played non stop for an hour before bed. He went to bed without any issues and he did potty before going into his area. He has not gone potty in the house at all before last night. I plan on contacting the obedience trainer we have worked with for puppy training this afternoon, and he went in for a checkup when we took him. I should also mention that Watson IS neutered.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Feb 28 5:05 am

Small Dogs > How much does your Chihuahua weigh?

Isis

Barked: Sat Feb 23, '13 6:04pm PST 
Isis is just over 4 pounds.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , May 16 8:38 am

Dog Health > Club Foot?

Bella

Barked: Fri Feb 22, '13 1:36pm PST 
Thank you. That is a good idea about the referral, I will definitely look into it. Yeah, Watson has zero issues with mobility. I guess it is a case of looking worse than it really is.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Feb 28 2:19 pm

Dog Health > Club Foot?

Bella

Barked: Fri Feb 22, '13 12:01pm PST 
Thank you for the reply! I will definitely look into the supplement and orthotic.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Feb 28 2:19 pm

Dog Health > Club Foot?
Bella

Barked: Fri Feb 22, '13 8:37am PST 
In a nut shell, Bella's littermate Watson has wound up in our care after his owner could no longer care for him (long story). Anyway, Watson has a club foot. Our vet (whom we whole heartedly trust) said that since his paw is flat on the ground when walking and he shows no issues with getting around (this dog is 4 springs and a tongue just like Bella lol) that there is no need for surgery at this point (he may never need it). Does that sound right, or should I pursue a second opinion? I have never second guessed our vet before, but I've also never dealt with a physical deformity before either. We are in the process of deciding on keeping him, or trying to rehome him. He is the sweetest dog I have ever met, with outstanding manners and temperament. I really did not want another dog, but I would never forgive myself if he wound up in a shelter and I could have prevented it. We have the room and financial stability to care for him, but our bed is already quite full lol.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Feb 28 2:19 pm

Food & Nutrition > Pro Plan to...?

Isis

Barked: Sat Dec 15, '12 5:32am PST 
Jethro, I hadn't considered that some small dogs may have problems with the small kibble. Isis grew up with a 170 pound Rottweiler, and she constantly stole food from him lol. She has never had issues, but I can see where others might. BTW Jethro is ADORABLE smile.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Jan 6 7:49 am

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Things you've given up for your dog

Bella

Barked: Fri Dec 14, '12 8:37pm PST 
Definitely had to give up traveling, so now family comes to visit us instead. I could not imagine boarding our dogs as they are way too spoiled. The 3 smaller ones sleep in bed with us, while Odin has his own twin sized mattress right next to our bed (I said they were spoiled lol). Oh, and I had to give up being a neat freak with my floors. In the end I have gained much more than I have had to give up though smile.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Dec 17 8:36 pm

Food & Nutrition > Pro Plan to...?

Isis

Barked: Fri Dec 14, '12 8:19pm PST 
Have you considered Taste Of The Wild? It is the best food for the money IMO. We have all 4 of ours (Great Dane, Rott-N-Weiner, Dachshund, and a Chihuahua) on the Pacific Stream formula, and they are doing fantastic on it! We pay $40 plus tax for a 30lb bag, but you wouldn't need that much smile. Our chihuahua is the pickiest eater, and she inhales the stuff. Our dane has a VERY touchy stomach, and he has had zero issues with TOTW.
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by , Jan 6 7:49 am

Dog Health > Symptoms of bowel obstruction?
Odin

Barked: Fri Dec 14, '12 7:28pm PST 
Ok, I am freaking out a little early but that is nothing new. Odin has this "super tough" orange pretzel toy that he was chewing on. 2 hours ago I threw it for him, and it was intact. Odin retired with his "precious" into our bedroom and was laying on the bed with it. He came out about and hour ago and was running around the house with his toy. He brought it to me to throw it, and to my HORROR a 1-1.5 inch piece is missing. I have torn the house apart, and went around the yard with a flashlight looking for the missing piece. No luck. Odin is acting completely normal, but I would like some advice on what to watch for? Our vet is closed until tomorrow morning, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Odin will be 6 months old on the 28th, he stands 30 inches tall and weighs 80 pounds if it helps. He is a BIG boy, but the idea of him swallowing that toy has me crawling out of my skin.

EDIT: Found the piece of toy happy dance. What a relief, I may actually get some sleep tonight! We have taken the toy in question away, and will be going shopping for new toys tomorrow.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Dec 17 1:30 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.