Postings by My Family

GO!

Dog Health > Arthrities pain relief

CHARLIE

Barked: Tue Feb 5, '13 4:48am PST 
I need to save this page for future reference. BOTH my dogs have arthritis. Charlie is having some serious issues suddenly since yesterday, though. Suddenly can't walk - his back legs just keep giving out on him. He doesn't seem to be in much pain, but this is still very frightening. I am not able to pick him or or help him much. But I did start him o Rimadyl & Methocarbamol yesterday. I'm gonna stop the methocarbamol though, because today he seems to be worse & can't even get outside to potty. I will definitely get them both started on the arthritis supplements mentioned here. Thank you for your help.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Aug 8 10:44 am

Get Well Soon > Suddenly cannot walk..........
CHARLIE

Barked: Tue Feb 5, '13 4:35am PST 
My adopted beagle Charlie is suddenly unable to walk. I'm giving him Rimadyl & methocarbamol since yesterday, but he seems a bit worse this morning and can't even get out the door to go potty. His back legs just give out on him. He is too heavy for me to lift him & I am disabled, so I'm not able to help him very much. Thank goodness he doesn't appear to be in much pain - no whining, crying or yelping. Still, this is breaking my heart.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Feb 7 9:07 pm

Dog Health > Does Slentrol really work? Is Slentrol safe?

Barked: Tue Aug 28, '12 5:44am PST 
Just another note: I gave Slentrol a fair chance. After four months, I can see this was a HUGE MISTAKE. I'm just so sorry it took me this long to figure it out.

I just recently stopped giving them Slentrol, so they are still not quite back to normal. I just hope I've not done any permanent damage. I need to get them in for tests to be sure...and to let my vet know just how awful it made my dogs feel!!

Why would anyone want their dogs (or cats) to become so miserable and sick - feeling such pain? And after four months, still NO SUBSTANTIAL WEIGHT LOSS?? The medication was very expensive, so that was a waste. But most importantly, I caused my precious doggies pain, discomfort and possibly damage to their health. IT'S NOT WORTH IT!!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Aug 30 3:38 am

Dog Health > Does Slentrol really work? Is Slentrol safe?

Barked: Tue Aug 28, '12 5:38am PST 
Is Slentrol safe for my dog?? Please read this before you give Slentrol to your dogs (or cats). I have two dogs, both are overweight. One is a beagle I just adopted, the other is a Pug. Both breeds are prone to weight management problems.

I tried everything, and could not get their weight down. My veterinarian suggested Slentrol, so I decided to give it a try. We got no results after the first few months, even though the vet kept increasing the dose. After about 4 months there was a little bit of improvement in my Pug, but nothing that could validate the expense and discomfort of using Slentrol.

I’ve stopped using Slentrol for my dogs as of this week! I’ve noticed only recently that they have become more lethargic. They don’t run and greet me as much as they used to. My pug now walks around slowly with her tail down between her back legs more often than ever before, and she just looks depressed. I can even tell by the expression on her face that she is not feeling well. Same thing with my beagle! He is just not the happy dog he was before!

Please, do not give your dogs (or cats) Slentrol to lose weight. It’s not worth the agony they must be going thru. Why would we want to make our dogs sick to get them to lose weight? That’s so cruel! There’s no reason to make them miserable and put their health at serious risk when other measures can be taken. This is just plain abuse, all in the name of Pfizer making the almighty profit! To hell with Pfizer! I want my babies to be safe and happy again.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Aug 30 3:38 am

Dog Health > Any experience with Slentrol?

Barked: Tue Aug 28, '12 5:35am PST 
Is Slentrol safe for my dog?? Please read this before you give Slentrol to your dogs (or cats). I have two dogs, both are overweight. One is a beagle I just adopted, the other is a Pug. Both breeds are prone to weight management problems.

I tried everything, and could not get their weight down. My veterinarian suggested Slentrol, so I decided to give it a try. We got no results after the first few months, even though the vet kept increasing the dose. After about 4 months there was a little bit of improvement in my Pug, but nothing that could validate the expense and discomfort of using Slentrol.

I’ve stopped using Slentrol for my dogs as of this week! I’ve noticed only recently that they have become more lethargic. They don’t run and greet me as much as they used to. My pug now walks around slowly with her tail down between her back legs more often than ever before, and she just looks depressed. I can even tell by the expression on her face that she is not feeling well. Same thing with my beagle! He is just not the happy dog he was before!

Please, do not give your dogs (or cats) Slentrol to lose weight. It’s not worth the agony they must be going thru. Why would we want to make our dogs sick to get them to lose weight? That’s so cruel! There’s no reason to make them miserable and put their health at serious risk when other measures can be taken. This is just plain abuse, all in the name of Pfizer making the almighty profit! I want my babies to be safe and happy again.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Aug 28 5:02 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.