Postings by Trixie's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

Dog Health > My poodle has a duel yeast/staph infection in her ear
Trixie

If I find it,- its mine

Barked: Fri Jan 24, '14 4:58am PST 
My poor poodle, Trixie, apparently has both a yeast infection and a staph in her left ear. No matter what medications my vet put her on it wasn't clearing up. After nearly two weeks of waiting for the results from her culture they came back yesterday. Will be picking up additional medication today. Poor pup frown

She also looks a bit funny because my vet suggested we have her ears shave, due to the moisture held in by the long hair. Her long feathered ears are now just the poodle's natural ear flaps. She looks like a baby sheep now.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Kali earned her wings 10/21/14, Jan 25 6:24 am

Behavior & Training > My dog isn't terribly bright?
Scooter

Barked: Tue Jan 14, '14 8:31am PST 
I will cut down on the training session length, thank you for the idea. Scooter also cowers and cries if one of my other dogs show any sign of dominance over him. He will sit in a corner cowering or crying if they growl at him. He calms down once comforted.

I also found out last night that feather dusters scare him.

At halloween I put on a wig and he didn't know who I was until I took it off. He ran away from me party
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Willie, Jan 14 5:27 pm

Scooter

Barked: Sun Jan 12, '14 5:25pm PST 
He is 18 months. He normally just gets Nylabon or other bones of that nature to chew on. He is obssessed with them. He can sit for hours and just chew.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Willie, Jan 14 5:27 pm

Scooter

Barked: Sun Jan 12, '14 4:18pm PST 
My caviler King Charles Spaniel, Scooter, does not seem to be the sharpest tool in the shed. He is a total love bug, and adores everyone and everything.

He hardly ever barks, the few times he has it has been non-moving objects he thinks are a threat, such as: A paper bag, a new dog toy, a dog barking on TV, the trash can,Christmas reindeer....and of course the Christmas tree. He barked at that for a few days.

He spends his time walking around licking everything, chews up anything he can get his mouth on. I'm still working on his training, we spend at least half an hour every other day, but it just does not seem like the commands are making any sense to him. He cannot be unsupervised.

He is afraid of the rain as well, and cries as though he is in pain when his paws get cold in the snow. He is a sensitive boy. I actually felt bad and got him a sweater and dog boots.

He does seem to pick up on facial expressions more than words though. When he does something wrong I don't even say anything, I just narrow my eyes at him and he knows what he was doing was bad.

My vet said the breed is just laid back, and scooter is the most laid back dog I have ever owned. He acts more like a cat then a dog. My kitten acts more like a dog then scooter does.

I've never owned a dog who seems to be lacking common sense before.

I love him to death, and wouldn't trade him for anything.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Willie, Jan 14 5:27 pm

Dog Health > Poodle with chronic black build up in ear

Trixie

If I find it,- its mine

Barked: Mon Jan 6, '14 2:53pm PST 
My vet said it was the only way to do it without hurting her. Because she has so much build up in the ear, to get a good cleaning without her being in pain he had to put her under anesthesia. He mentioned because the ear canal is curved, it would be a better option.

Even when I pull a little hair she cries and starts bleeding in her ear.

She was groomed a few weeks ago...I guess my groomer didn't do a very good job. I cut away alot of the hair myself, but I'm afraid to get down in the ear canal.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by PE's Autumn On Fire, Jan 8 5:01 pm

Dog Health > Poodle with chronic black build up in ear
Trixie

If I find it,- its mine

Barked: Mon Jan 6, '14 11:33am PST 
My 7 year old miniature poodle, Trixie, has constant black build up in her ear. My vet did a culture and said it was a bacterial infection, but even with treatment it did not clear up. It does not smell, but its just crusty, black stuff in her ear. It solidifies into chunks if I do not clean it out a few times a week. When I do clean it out (with ear cleaner from the vet and q-tips) her ears bleed. I do not go far, just cleaning the part of the ear I can see.

She is due to be put under anesthesia Tuesday so my vet can get all of the hair out of her ears. She will be given a pain injection and antibiotoics as well. They will also be sending a culture out to find out what exactly is in her ear.

I'm just wondering if anyone has had problems like this with their dog?

My mom had a shihzhu years ago who actually had to have his ear canal widened because he had the same sort of build up that would not clear up.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by PE's Autumn On Fire, Jan 8 5:01 pm

Puppy Place > My 9 month old puppy has major potty training issues. No clue what to do.

Scooter

Barked: Tue Mar 26, '13 4:21pm PST 
I actually walk him around the yard, he sniffs and then sits, then we move to another spot. He plays non stop with the other puppy which normally causes him to go right away. As of yesterday he peed as soon as he went outside. Today he won't even do that. I'm wondering if it's a battle of wills.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Hazel, Apr 4 10:44 pm

Puppy Place > My 9 month old puppy has major potty training issues. No clue what to do.

Scooter

Barked: Tue Mar 26, '13 3:21pm PST 
My 9 month old Caviler King Charles Spaniel, Scooter, is still not potty trained at 9 months old. He knows that "Go potty" means to go outside and go. Lately he has been peeing outside and pooping, but as soon as he comes in the house he poops on the floor. Today he has refused to eliminate outside at all. I took him out for twenty mins each time. He sits in the grass and refuses to go. As soon as we come in the house he goes on the floor. His behavior seems to have become worse in the past month, since my mom got an American Eskimo puppy.

I don't think he is jealous of her. They seem to be best friends. The American Eskimo is hardly having accidents anymore, but Scooter is having more.

My parents are at their wits end with my boy, and I hate to admit Im frustrated with him.

I don't know how to correct this behavior.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Hazel, Apr 4 10:44 pm

Puppy Place > Having two puppies at the same time

Scooter

Barked: Sat Mar 23, '13 8:25am PST 
I have a 9 month old Caviler King Charles puppy. My mom has a 4 month old American Eskimo puppy. Individually they behave wonderfully, besides typical puppy behavior. I live with my parents so both pups live in the same house.

They seem to be inseparable at times. My other two dogs are 6 and 10 years old, and are typically annoyed when either puppy tries to play with them. When the see each other they run right up to each other. Then it's at least two hours of rough and tumble play. They get into everything imaginable. They have toys in every corner of the house, but they prefer the things they are not supposed to chew. We have puppy proofed, but They always seem to find something to get into.

They follow each other like they are stuck together. After hours of play we normally put them in them in the same crate to rest. They curl up together and rest for about an hour or two. They are crated seperatly when nobody is home, their crates are right next to each other. Then they are back at playing. My family has never had two puppies at the same time before, nor two dogs that seem so attached to each other. Growing up all of our dogs were at least four years apart.

The Eskie loves pulling on my Caviler's ears and tail. He tries to return the favor but ends up with a mouthful of fur.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Sonja, Mar 25 3:53 pm

Dog Health > The ER vet said my dog had a soft tissue injury in her paw
Trixie

If I find it,- its mine

Barked: Sun Mar 3, '13 3:45am PST 
I feel like a horrible pet owner. My six year old poodle was running under my feet and I didn't see her. I was walking and heard her yelp. I stepped on her paw. At first she seemed fine, just mad at me. She is normally bouncing off the walls hyper, but after stepping on her she began favoring her paw, shaking, and hiding in her crate. She would not go up and down the stairs.

I took her to the ER vet who diagnosed a soft tissue injury. Trixie was still occasionally putting a little weight on it. She is on Tramadol. Now that she is back home, she still isn't acting like herself.

She hides in her crate given the chance, and is curling up next to me to sleep. She is never clingy, but now is. She can't jump on my bed like she normally does so I pick her up. She just seems spacey.

I'm worried it's worse than a soft tissue injury.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Scooter, PAWS , Mar 4 10:04 am

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.