Postings by Lola's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Behavior & Training > Scared Lulu chihuahua mix
Lulu

Barked: Tue Dec 11, '12 12:04pm PST 
Ok lulu is now going to be 8 months.... Ever since she was rush by all the small dogs at the dog park she is so terrify of people. She's not scared by her other sister Lola or Lily... Or by my husband or my 2 daughters. Just strangers or people she's not use to on a daily basis. I have a rule when people come to my house to not look or touch dogs when they come in to my house. To allow dogs come to sniff them. The other 2 do ok. However Lulu does it but very timidly. My dogs are small, probably 6lbs at that. They do like to be carried and cuddled. But if someone other than us tries, Lulu gets so scare and shakes so much and tries to run off. She is a wild one when its just us and our other dogs. I normally have people over and I'm going to for Xmas day... So how can I get her to be comfortable? My niece will Also be bringing her chihuahua mix that day. Lulu has met him before but didn't take much interest. She was also scared when the dog try to sniff her. Please advice me... She's such a playful dog with Lola n Lily and with us
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Sanka- I'll Miss You, Dec 11 12:48 pm

Behavior & Training > Litter box trainig
Lulu

Barked: Wed Oct 24, '12 4:46pm PST 
Just when I thought the puppies were getting it down, they are still not. Last night I heard Lulu jumped off the bed to go potty in litter box. I went after her very quietly so she wouldnt get startled. And she did!I was so proud of her. I turned around to pick up her poop and she ran off to the living room and peed on the couch. I dont get it? Why is she going poop in the litter box but peeing somewhere else. We normally remind them to go potty and put them in litter box. So they do know that they have to go there. What can I do to help them do both. We always involve treats.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Oct 25 11:59 am

Behavior & Training > Litter box training

Lulu

Barked: Thu Oct 11, '12 4:42pm PST 
Yeah sometimes it just gets frustrating... But they are our doggies so I guess I will continue to be more patient
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Lulu, Oct 11 4:42 pm

Behavior & Training > Litter box training

Lola

Sassy Lola

Barked: Thu Oct 11, '12 11:12am PST 
Lulu and Lola are 5 months and I'm having trouble in litter box training... They go at times. However they seem to be going more out than in... I try very hard not to get mad when they have accidents and praising them and giving them treats when they do go in litter box... I have a 16 month old chihuahua that is very good about going. I figure that the puppies would pick it from her but no luck... I had a chihuahua mix that picked it up pretty quick... It's taking much longer with the puppies.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Lulu, Oct 11 4:42 pm

Behavior & Training > Growling Puppy

Lola

Sassy Lola

Barked: Fri Sep 14, '12 12:18pm PST 
Thank you for your responses. However even if shes assleep and we are just moving her to her area she growls. She only does this at night. Our dogs sleep in our bed. So at times we have to move them. But she doesnt just do it when she is sleeping. Say for instance shes walking in the living room and we want to picke her up or pet her she growls. But during the day shes fine. You can pet her, pick her up and shes fine
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Sanka- I'll Miss You, Sep 16 6:20 pm

Behavior & Training > Scare LULU
Lulu

Barked: Fri Sep 14, '12 9:25am PST 
Lulu is a chihuahua mix (jack russell) who is just turned 4 months. Lulu is scared of everything. When we have people over she starts shaking and runs off and tries to hide. We have her sister Lola that is the opposite of her and Lily whos not scare. They all play together and no problem. But just to even feed them, shes the last one to eat because Im there. We are very loving to our dogs, however Lulu is scared all the time. If she hears something unfamiliar she gets scare. We take them out for walks at least 4-5 times a week. Help... Need to see what I can do to make her more comfortable.thinking
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Lulu, Sep 14 9:25 am

Behavior & Training > Growling Puppy

Lola

Sassy Lola

Barked: Fri Sep 14, '12 9:19am PST 
So I have a chihuahua mix (jack russell) who just turned 4 months. Everytime when she gets sleepy and we picke her up to put her in her bed or in ours, she growls. We dont know what causes that. So we tell her NO! We dont allow her to intimidate us. So we put her down with our hands still on her and she just doses off. I know nobody likes to be bugged when sleepy, but for her to growl at us is not acceptable confused
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Sanka- I'll Miss You, Sep 16 6:20 pm

Puppy Place > Growling Puppy

Lola

Sassy Lola

Barked: Thu Aug 23, '12 2:55pm PST 
She doesnt do it all the time, however not only does she do it when shes being picked up. It can also be whe we just touch her or move her. Most of the time shes really good. We just want to make sure it doesnt get worse or what to do to correct the problem.confused
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Natalie, Aug 23 9:17 pm

Puppy Place > Growling Puppy

Lola

Sassy Lola

Barked: Wed Aug 22, '12 9:18pm PST 
I recently adopted 2 chihuahua mix(jack russel terriers)about 1 month ago. I also have a full chihuahua at home already. They all get along very well. One of the puppies Lola at times growls and snaps when she is picked up. We try to calm her down and ahe doesn't until my husband puts her down and then she relaxes. But it does take her atleast 2-5 minutes. I have never gone thru this with my other 2 dogs. The other puppy Lulu doesnt do that. I just want to know if we are doing the right thing to put her down or what is she telling usconfused
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Natalie, Aug 23 9:17 pm

Behavior & Training > How can I be a pack leader after an attack
Lily

La precious Lily

Barked: Wed Aug 22, '12 7:37pm PST 
Thank You all for your response. I will take all your suggestions. Today my husband took them. I will let you guys know how it goeswave
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Lily, Aug 22 7:37 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.