Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Shiba Inu > got a dog was told shiba inu not sure if she purbread or mixed
Goji

Barked: Mon Jun 3, '13 5:12pm PST 
I don't think shiba's have blue eyes and the head is a little too think. Shiba's have more narrow skulls/heads in my experience. If you are really curious they do have the Dog DNA test that tell you the dogs genetic mix.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jun 3 5:12 pm

Food & Nutrition > Wellness Vs. Blue Buffalo
Goji

Barked: Mon Jun 3, '13 4:39pm PST 
My dog had a rash issue while eating Wellness Ocean. I switched to Wellness Core and the rash went away. I am not sure if it was the food or just a coincidence. I have been feeding Core to my dog for two years and am thinking about switching to Blue Wilderness because I can get Wilderness cheaper than Core. Core has larger pieces than Wilderness, which I think help keep teeth clean (though I may have made that up. But I think the foods are on a pretty level playing field. If I could get Core cheaper, though, I probably would stick with that food.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jun 3 4:39 pm

Shiba Inu > Food Advice

Goji

Barked: Tue Jan 15, '13 3:00pm PST 
I feed my dogs Wellness Core. I switched to grain free because one of my dogs has allergies and the food may have been effecting them. I have also heard that Blue Buffalo is good.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jan 25 11:28 am

Shiba Inu > Free feeding or scheduled feeding?

Goji

Barked: Sat Dec 15, '12 4:24pm PST 
I have two shibas on 1.5yrs on .5yrs. I have been free feeding the older shiba because she only eats when she is hungry. However, the new shiba seems to eat all of the time. He does not look fat, but he is definitely more stout than my other shiba. I would switch them both to scheduled feedings but my older dog does not do well with that. Does anyone else out there free feed a shiba that seems to eat all the time? Do shibas get fat?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jan 24 10:32 am

Shiba Inu > first time shiba owner or no?

Goji

Barked: Fri Nov 9, '12 7:22am PST 
My first dog was a Shiba. I don't really have anything to compare my Shiba to as far as if she is harder or easier than raising other dogs. I have had her for about a 1 1/5 years, and I just recently got another one 4 months ago. Both of them have been great. They can be stubborn dogs though and I have had to be firm and consistent with my expectations of them. I do think that Shibas will run all over you if they think they can. But, they are super smart, so training goes quickly as far as them learning the ropes, but they are hard in that they sometimes don't want to do what you want them to do. My dogs have pretended that they don't know some bit of etiquette, like sitting before we come in the house, even though they are trained to do that. So, there have been times when it has taken me 10 minutes to get inside because we just wait until the dog decides I am more stubborn than she is.

So, I think it depends more on your personality than anything else. If you are the kind of person who can handle a dog like a Shiba, I say go for it if a Shiba is what you really want. dog walk
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Nov 10 6:28 am

Shiba Inu > I'm sure you all can relate
Goji

Barked: Thu Sep 6, '12 12:31pm PST 
Thank you for the link laugh out loud completely hilarious!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Sep 11 1:09 pm

Shiba Inu > Does Want.

Goji

Barked: Fri Aug 31, '12 9:05pm PST 
I feel like I made a lot of mistakes getting my first puppy.

I bought buy first dog from Cactus Kennel.I would not recommend them. The dogs are sold under ACA registration and there is no spay/neuter requirement in the contract. A health guarantee is given; but, it is not the best in my opinion. Denise is nice enough; but the puppy I bought has some health issues and was not socialized very well at all when I got her.I'm not sure why she was so painfully shy and scared. My vet was really worried about her when I brought her in the second time. He said there is a good chance that she would be impossibly shy and timid as an adult if I did not begin some very heavy socialization. She is still pretty shy. But, she will sometimes let strangers tough her is she is in a good mood. But she regresses sometimes, and it can be hard.

This is, of course, my personal experience with this particular kennel and may not be representative of other people's experiences.

I got my second dog from a breeder on the National Shiba Inu directory and have had a much better experience. No health issues yet and he is very well socialized.

I suggest you do a lot a research before buying a puppy.
[notify]
» There has since been -3 posts. Last posting by , Aug 31 9:05 pm

Shiba Inu > Doggie Vits

Goji

Barked: Wed Aug 29, '12 8:16pm PST 
Thanks for all the links, I will definitely read up on this stuff.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Aug 29 8:16 pm

Shiba Inu > Doggie Vits

Goji

Barked: Wed Aug 29, '12 8:10pm PST 
It was just suggested, there are no stipulation on the health contract for my puppy.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Aug 29 8:16 pm

Shiba Inu > Doggie Vits
Goji

Barked: Tue Aug 28, '12 8:28am PST 
I feed Wellness Core. My breed suggested them too. She uses them for her all of her dogs.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Aug 29 8:16 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.