Postings by Danika & Maggie's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Raw Food Diet > dog study, diet related, different from wolves
Danika &- Maggie

The Play Girls

Barked: Thu Jan 31, '13 11:06am PST 
Ever take a class in statistics? If you have, you're aware that scientific study results can be interpreted in many ways and can be manipulated.

I want to know who funded this study. I'm betting that it was those involved in so called "pet food" manufacture. My dogs do great on raw, and I'm sticking with raw!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Feb 2 4:41 pm

Raw Food Diet > Rabbit questions
Danika &- Maggie

The Play Girls

Barked: Sun Dec 9, '12 10:59am PST 
Yeah, Saya, I think that's a good idea. I'm thinking my girls should be alright with it, but I'd hate to make them sick. The bone content in rabbits seems to be a little lower than chicken, which is why I'm trying it since my three dogs are between 8 and 16 lbs.

They're having beef ribs with some side meat tonight, so I think I'll slip in some rabbit with that.

If the poop looks good, hopefully they'll be ready for a rabbit meal.

Thanks!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Danika & Maggie, Dec 9 10:59 am

Danika &- Maggie

The Play Girls

Barked: Sat Dec 8, '12 1:14pm PST 
Perfect! Thank you!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Danika & Maggie, Dec 9 10:59 am

Danika &- Maggie

The Play Girls

Barked: Sat Dec 8, '12 11:13am PST 
I have a few questions about feeding rabbit pieces. First, I have no idea as to the percentage of bone in rabbit parts or whole rabbit. Anyone know? The rabbit came with liver, kidneys and heart. I'm assuming I can give these to my dogs?

Since my dogs have never had it before, do I need to introduce the meat in small amounts? They eat beef, pork, turkey, chicken, and fish like there is no tommorow...
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Danika & Maggie, Dec 9 10:59 am

Raw Food Diet > Seizure, want to switch to raw, now diarrhea, advice?

Danika &- Maggie

The Play Girls

Barked: Sat Oct 13, '12 9:13am PST 
My three dogs are all small (8, 11, and 17 lbs.), but only one was “picky.” She just couldn’t get past the skin and membranes. Try giving her small thighs that have been skinned and slashed a couple times with a knife. If you try wings, leave them whole, strip as much skin as possible and slash them, too. Once she gets the hang of eating raw, you won’t have to do this). Remember, she may not realize raw chicken is even food! You may need to hold the end of the bone to encourage her, and help her learn how to tear the meat for a few days. It also helps if the dog is hungry. You might try skipping a meal before trying raw again (its not being mean; fasting is pretty normal for wild canines).

I’d hold off on feeding eggs. Raw or cooked, some dogs just can’t tolerate them. I’ve tried both with my dogs, and so far it actually causes them to have diarrhea. Pumpkin can help – my dogs love it (1 to 1 ½ teaspoons only), and so can probiotics. You might want to try giving her probiotics and digestive enzymes sprinkled on her food until she settles down.

Good luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Cookie, Oct 14 6:22 pm

Raw Food Diet > elimination diet

Barked: Fri Sep 21, '12 11:51am PST 
Just a thought... My Shih Tzu had chronic ear infections. I know you're asking about food alergies, but has yeast infection been ruled out? All I did was put my girl on probiotics. Poof, no more ear infections.

And she does any kind of meat, fowl, etc.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Sugarbear, Sep 24 7:07 pm

Raw Food Diet > People who own Monica Segal's books

Barked: Tue Sep 11, '12 7:10am PST 
Right you are, Nare. Facts cannot be copyrighted. Copyrights protect one's creativity.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Mister Jagger, Sep 15 7:54 am

Raw Food Diet > Worms?

Barked: Thu Sep 6, '12 8:42am PST 
We don't have fleas up here either, and my dogs don't eat poop, so it sounds like I shouldn't have any issues with worms. But just to be on the safe side, I'll keep an eye on their poop and have the vet do yearly fecal exams as you suggest.

Thank you all for your responses!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Sep 6 8:42 am

Raw Food Diet > Worms?

Barked: Wed Sep 5, '12 6:33pm PST 
I only feed human quality meat, but my vet told me that dogs can pick-up worms from dogs that have worms and areas that these dogs have been in. I agree that they won't get it from their meat, but is that the only way?
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Sep 6 8:42 am

Raw Food Diet > Worms?

Barked: Wed Sep 5, '12 5:10pm PST 
I live in Idaho, a state that doesn't have heart worm issues. Most dogs here don't take something like Interceptor, which also kills other types of worms.

Very little that I've read about raw feeding talks about worming, though I've seen a couple articles that say raw fed dogs don't need to be wormed. Is this true?
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Sep 6 8:42 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.