Postings by Tokyo's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Behavior & Training > Have I ruined everything?????
Tokyo

Barked: Fri Aug 17, '12 12:51am PST 
How long are you gone in a day?

Im usually gone from 5-6hrs

Kashmir- ♥ CGC
"when he is no longer messing in there"
Alot of dog books I have read say that once they mess in their crate you should just call it quits (SOO HELPFUL *shrug*)
Do you have any tips for when he has soiled in his crate (I wash it and replace the bedding to rid the odour) is it because he is not used to his crate being his sleeping place and in time he will reassociate it ?

Alva BH

Do you walk him?

I take him on a big walk in the afternoon but because Im out during the day and I live on the 2nd story of an apartment (Which im not allowed pets in, according to the rules that changed after I already had him!!!) Its hard for me to take him out often.

Lucille

"either go home during the timeframe or enlist someone to help walk the pup during the day."

I work/study over an hour away from home by train and there is no parking. As for help, everyone I know also works and my neighbours arnt allowed to know hes there!
Would keeping him in his pen with puppy pads be sufficient???

Roxy

"I wouldn't let him stay in the play pen unattended."
Is this so he would learn to not go in his crate? I seem to have this problem at the moment but I am away 5 - 8 hours most days (it varies) with no way of getting home to him in between
Would you recommend crating him at night?
and when you are home do you have him crated most of the day and take him out to wee after sleep/food/2 hrs and then let him have 30 mins of play and back into the crate (It feels cruel not to let him walk around for that long)

"For chewing/biting. Teething toys."
He has an array of soft/rope/sqeeky/rubber toys that he plays with. But when he is on our laps he has a habit of lunging and if you go to pat him at all he tries to bite your hand (I only just got him out of the habbit of

"When she bit me I would hold her mouth shut and repeat "NO BITING" over & over again until she submits then let go."

Tao doesnt submit when we do this, he just gets more riled up and excited. His eyes change to solid whites and his ears go back too. We have to resort to pinning him down which he writhes around but we hold him down until he is still. His eyes dont change though and as soon as we let him back up he either goes right back to biting or will lay there but will try to nip at any hands coming his way

" idk what floor you live on but im on the 3rd so the moment she would have an accident Id have to hurry and take her outside. Anytime he has an accident immediately take him out. "

I live on the 2nd floor and I have a balcony that I have a puppy loo (fake grass) set up for him to go on. Durring the night though I have a puppy pad set up in my room next to his crate and just leave the crate door open for him to use it.

I do stress that him having multiple areas (Puppy pad in bedroom, small grass patch in kitchen and large grass patch on balcony) leads to his confusion about where he needs to go.

Its currently really cold and miserable here so I dont feel comfortable leaving him out on the balcony all day when im not home since he is so small..
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Roxy , Aug 17 11:09 am

Tokyo

Barked: Fri Aug 17, '12 12:24am PST 
Thank you for all the feedback.

I took the day off yesterday to help him get back into routine.
I had his crate in the kitchen and fenced off a small area with an ex pen and put a grass patch at the far end.
He didnt end up using it as I took him out religeously every nap/feed/play/ 2 hours but noticed he went about every 4 hours irregardless of all those factors, except for naps which he went straight away.

He did wet his crate once (The crate wasnt closed????)

He also went for a poo about 5-10 mins after the wee (only once during the day)
When this happened he bolted to the door to be let in to do it inside (I caught him and angled his bum UP AND AWAY LOL and got him outside)

I then took him for a massive walk, which he didnt wee or poo on, but as soon as we got back to my partners parents house (the min we walked in the door) he went on the carpet (GRUMBLE) Said "NO" and cleaned it up without much fuss and put him outside to play with my partner

***rainbow HERE IS WHERE ID LOVE YOUT IMPUT rainbow***

For night time I took his crate into my room and have another expen set up just big enough for the crate and a puppy pad. I didnt close him in the crate. so he had access to the pad through the night.
At 3am I woke up to him screaming! I thought it was just because he wasnt in bed with me which is what he is used to but as I found out it was because he didnt want to lay in his own mess =
after he kept screaming I checked his crate bedding and it was absolutely saturated!!!! The pad hadnt been touched even though he had access to it.

WHY????

I chucked his bedding in the wash
and laid down a teatowel because his spare bedding was already in the wash from him peeing on it earlier in the day.
He didnt like this and jumped up ontop of his crate and made a ruckus until I put him into his crate and shut the door.
I woke up every hour after that to let him out to wee and poo (Which he did on the mat)

This morning I fed him in his crate and moved it back to the bigger kitchen expen area

Can you tell me what I can do about his bedwetting, and if I should adjust my crating to closing him in the crate all night to encourage him not to soil it?
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Roxy , Aug 17 11:09 am

Tokyo

Barked: Wed Aug 15, '12 5:26pm PST 
Do I keep him in the crate whilst I am at uni? Or should I let him out into his pen with his toys wAter pee pad etc?
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Roxy , Aug 17 11:09 am

Tokyo

Barked: Wed Aug 15, '12 5:01pm PST 
Tao is noW 12 weeks old.
I began crate training him when he was 8 weeks old in my bedroom and then letting him play in a pen in the kitchen during the day.

I had to move the pen from the kitchen because I wasn't able to cook or eat! So I set it up in the living room but the problem was that the living room is all carpet and he would go everywhere in the pen, not just on his wee wee pad

When he was 9 or 10 weeks I stopped crating him and he slept in his pen. He began to use his pads for pees and poos so I mistakenly thought he could have more space.

Now he is 12 weeks and he no longer uses the pen and sleeps in bed with me. He has had access all over the house already and pees and poos where he wants

He hates his crate and I am so scared I've ruined house training
I live in an apartment and I have no idea what to do
Is he too old to start from the beginning?

He is also a terror and bites everything/one

For the first 3 weeks I was at home on uni holidays but now I have full-time uni and work so I can't be home with him all day

Please help I feel so terrible
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Roxy , Aug 17 11:09 am

Behavior & Training > crate training

Tokyo

Barked: Wed Jul 11, '12 7:20pm PST 
I live in an apartment so im using puppy pads indoors
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tokyo, Jul 11 7:20 pm

Puppy Place > Crating a new puppy (Alone time for mommy)
Tokyo

Barked: Mon Jul 9, '12 7:45am PST 
he just sleeps when he is on me anyway though and ive been cuddling him for 12 hours straight already (give or take )
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jul 11 1:21 pm

Behavior & Training > crate training

Tokyo

Barked: Mon Jul 9, '12 3:21am PST 
Hi everyone
Can you please give me some pointers

I cant seem to catch the point where he is about to go
Ive put him in his crate and he cries and cries which I just give him some encouragement and praise for being in the crate. Ive tried to feed him in there but he isnt interested in food.

At first I ignored his cries, but he accidently soiled himself
Now Hes worked out that if he starts digging or turning in circles Ill bring him out and put him on his grass patch but he doesnt eliminate he just runs and tries to climb up my leg for nap time on me

At the moment ive crated him and he is crying but im not sure what else to do
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Tokyo, Jul 11 7:20 pm

Puppy Place > Crating a new puppy (Alone time for mommy)

Tokyo

Barked: Mon Jul 9, '12 2:39am PST 
Hello today I brought home my 8 week old boy from the airport.
He doesnt want to do anything except snuggle into my arms and sleep. (CUTE AND ADORABLE BTW)
When I put him in his bed he just gets out and comes sees what Im doing but I know that he needs to sleep because hes had a long day.

Ive read that it causes anxiety to just place the puppy in the crate without letting him go in on his own.
But at this point he wont even go onto the floor on his own, much less into a crate.

Should I just place him in his crate and shut the door? I know he will go to sleep eventually but I really dont want to stress the poor little guy ouy

Thanks
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jul 11 1:21 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Designer Crosses

Tokyo

Barked: Fri Jul 6, '12 12:47am PST 
At the end of the day I rescued him from being put to sleep and he is exactly what I wanted so I dont see what Ive done is a bad thing in anyway
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Sarah, CW-SR, CW-G1, CGC, Jul 12 2:45 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Designer Crosses
Tokyo

Barked: Thu Jul 5, '12 11:08pm PST 
I have a designer breed.
The breed I have chosen is a Pug x king charles cavalier.
My reasons for this is because I live in a tiny apartment and needed a small dog that I can take with me when the rent inspectors come (lol)
One that was docile, placid and affection it (IMO pugs and cavaliers are the friendliest dogs out)
Cavaliers shed alot, and pugs have breathing issues.
When combined, my dog doesnt shed a heap and his snout isnt as "Furnished" meaning that his breathing issues have somewhat abated compared to a purebred pug.

In fact, the King Charles Cavalier has had pug bred into and out of the breed for centurys before now. This breed is not a new thing
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by Sarah, CW-SR, CW-G1, CGC, Jul 12 2:45 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.