Postings by Natasha 美花 ~Beautiful Flower~'s Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 163: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks
Natasha - 美花- ~Beautiful- Flower~

Let's play tag!- You're it!

Barked: Sun Feb 22, '15 9:22pm PST 
I'm glad some of you were able to see some Chinese New Year celebrations! haha! The holiday isn't over yet, but I haven't gone to see anything and probably won't. silenced I have a dislike of large crowds and noise, so I'm not going out. However, the firecrackers I can't get away from. Day and night (all night, not just up to midnight) that's all I've heard this week. meditate Last night my back neighbors were setting off the ones that sound like bombs. meditate

My neighbors to the right have a lot of family visiting for the holiday, so I am parking in my patio area to make more room on the street for their vehicles (trying to be a good neighbor!) I have to park right up to the door otherwise the trunk juts too far into the street. I took Tasha out and her mind was blown away that the car was *right there*!! Wow!! It was hilarious. laugh out loud

wave
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Fri 5:59 pm

Barked: Fri Feb 20, '15 5:49pm PST 
I *thought* the problem was copy/pasting, but when I posted the last post on the previous page, I didn't do ANY copy/pasting and still half my post was deleted. No clue why, and it doesn't happen on any of the other forums I post on.

Oh, well. I'm trying to be more active on dogster, hoping the forums take off again, so I'll just keep my posts short and hope they stay intact when I post! haha! laugh out loud

wave Everyone! wave
[notify]
» There has since been 26 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Fri 5:59 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > designer breeds

Barked: Fri Feb 20, '15 8:38am PST 
Oh, I know, I was making a bad joke... red face
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Sun 9:28 am

Barked: Fri Feb 20, '15 8:36am PST 
I think Dogster is against me saying "Happy New Year!" Because that's the part that keeps getting deleted. Last post on the other page and the above post. I'm not editing the other one again because random paragraphs get deleted when I hit post!
[notify]
» There has since been 28 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Fri 5:59 pm

Barked: Fri Feb 20, '15 8:31am PST 
I finally figured out it was the copy/pasting from any location/site that was messing with the post. I just won't do any copy/pasting until after dogster is working better. So I'm keeping my posts short because this site still freezes up on me at random. shrug

Edit: maybe not! huh. half my post disappeared. Again. Very odd. thinking silenced

hamster dance
[notify]
» There has since been 29 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Fri 5:59 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > designer breeds

Barked: Fri Feb 20, '15 8:21am PST 
"Breed a Poodle with HD to a Lab with HD... guess what you're going to get."

thinking That's a tough one. Hmmm... thinking

A purebred Labradoodle with excellent eyesight?

(HD=High Definition red face)
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Sun 9:28 am

Barked: Tue Feb 17, '15 7:28pm PST 
....dogster keeps saying there's a problem with my post... "write your entry" ....looks written to me! laugh out loud trying again, this time copying and pasting using firefox instead of chrome. thinking

edit #4 seems to be a problem with not accepting copying and pasting from word -- which I was doing because every time I try to post dogster freezes up on me. frown

edit #5 going to try this again, hopefully dogster doesn't freeze up again while I re-type my entire post. confused I'll be so glad when these problems are over.

edit #6 I re-typed everything, hit post, and and all but my edits disappeared. I give up. cry
[notify]
» There has since been 39 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Fri 5:59 pm

Grooming > Ask Your Grooming Questions in Dogster Print Magazine!

Barked: Tue Feb 17, '15 6:51pm PST 
I'm not against the print version of dogster magazine(and I'm glad they're asking for input from this community), but the cost of an overseas subscription is unaffordable for me, well, even if I was in the States, magazines are expensive. frown
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Natasha 美花 ~Beautiful Flower~, Feb 17 6:51 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > so huskies are now on the list too? really people?

Barked: Wed Feb 11, '15 6:22pm PST 
Huskies, German Shepherds, and other large breeds have been on dangerous dog lists for decades, it's nothing new. I remember back when I was a teenager reading about a town in Tennessee that banned German Shepherds. It's been so long I forgot the name of the town, but the story stuck with me.

And yes, there have been news reports of huskies injuring and even killing people, mostly children. It's not unheard of. They aren't on dangerous dog lists because they "look like wolves", it's because of unfortunate deaths attributed to the breed.

I agree that the dogs owner should be held responsible if the dog injures or kills someone. However a landlord or landowner will/have been brought into it if a dog injures or kills someone on their property. They could lose a lot of money, have their insurance raised, or even lose their property if sued by the injured/deceased person or their family. So to protect themselves they have rules banning certain breeds. Some places forgo the specific breed and just ban dogs over a certain size. Sure it's not fair, but when you are a landlord, you can make the rules for your property.

A husky owner would have to find alternative housing whether the apartment complex/landlord/university banned huskies specifically or whether there was a certain size limit (most common being a dog must be under 25lbs, at least that's what I kept running into when trying to find an apartment in OKC that would allow a - 50lb dog). Your friend successfully found alternative housing, and still very close to the university(a mile isn't a big deal, even if he has to walk or bike), so there's not really a problem here, aside from having a problem with the school rules.

eta: There isn't really an official "list" of dangerous dogs that some official department puts out. Unless a city has a specific breed ban, most "lists" are decided by the individual landowners/companies either based on an actual event that happened in their past or based on what dogs pop up on their radar as being dangerous. That's why it seems so random sometimes, why one breed appears or doesn't appear.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Demon Shadow, Feb 20 3:01 pm

Barked: Wed Feb 11, '15 2:05am PST 
I often say that as cold as it gets here, it should snow! I love the sight of falling snow, so beautiful. But then I remember how much I hate dealing with the slush and ice and wayward vehicles when I have to be out and about and I'm glad it doesn't snow here. Hahaha! laugh out loud

Happy birthday Flicka! party party

Yay for the news that dogster will soon be flea free! cheer
[notify]
» There has since been 74 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Fri 5:59 pm

(Page 1 of 163: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.