Postings by Murphy's Family

GO!

Choosing the Right Dog > Is My Husband Asking for Too Much in a Dog Breed?

Murphy

Did someone say- COOKIE?

Barked: Thu Jun 28, '12 2:49pm PST 
Yay!!! Hope you found a perfect fit for your family big grin
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Marlowe, RN, CGC, Jul 19 6:16 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Is My Husband Asking for Too Much in a Dog Breed?
Murphy

Did someone say- COOKIE?

Barked: Wed Jun 27, '12 8:08pm PST 
I have to agree with some of the people on this post a lot of those requirements are training and some socialization. If he wants a dog that is that devoted to him is he prepared for the possibility of separation anxiety? As far as small and little grooming... Cavalier King Charles Spaniel or a Poodle are typically good breeds (sorry I may not have the King Charles names in the right order). It all depends on his definition of SMALL and no grooming. Personally I don't think a poodle requires a lot of grooming because they go to a groomer to be groomed. (which means I don't have to do it) wink If a little larger is what he considers to be small. Then Australian Cattle Dogs are AWESOME! I'm a little partial I grew up with them smile As many dogs as I have had and been around I have noticed that the person that does the training and the fun stuff is a lot of times the person the dog picks to be "their person". Hope all this helps. Good luck!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Marlowe, RN, CGC, Jul 19 6:16 pm

Food & Nutrition > Dog Lovers Selling Pet Food Directly to Dog Lovers!

Murphy

Did someone say- COOKIE?

Barked: Wed Jun 27, '12 7:36pm PST 
I think you may be right Titus.

And Zephyr you are too funny big laughbig laughbig laugh
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Bruin, Aug 9 6:19 am

Senior Dogs > Balling up rugs?

Murphy

Did someone say- COOKIE?

Barked: Mon Jun 18, '12 6:50pm PST 
Oh yeah!!!! Gotta rearrange my bed sometimes. Mom says her Great Dane did the same thing so she used to buy him old couch cushions to scratch up and fluff. dancing
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Nov 17 3:24 am

Puppy Place > Happy happy BITER!

Murphy

Did someone say- COOKIE?

Barked: Thu Jun 14, '12 7:56pm PST 
Hopefully he will get better as he gets older. I would try to ignore him if you can. I used to do the same thing and now I have some separation issues we are working on. smile Ignoring and pushing me away has worked the best. Until I calm down. I have learned that I will not get any attention until I am calm.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Sonny, Jun 15 9:17 pm

Small Dogs > Nails?
Murphy

Did someone say- COOKIE?

Barked: Thu Jun 14, '12 6:46pm PST 
I would agree with the others. If you need a nail trim soon talk to your vet about it. If you have a serious fear of nail trims some really light sedation may even be needed. As your new mom probably knows it can take a long time for us fur babies to overcome our nail fears. Good luck and enjoy your new awesome home. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Chester, Jun 18 9:19 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.